7 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by aeneas1
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

sure, the ravens have looked formidable, and their convincing win vs the pats certainly helped cement their reputation as arguably the best team in the nfl through week 11, but let's not forget that these mooks got absolutely throttled by the browns, of all teams, and it wasn't even as close as the 40-25 final score implied, the browns were actually up 40-18 late in the 4th before the ravens tacked on a meaningless td in garbage time to make it 40-25.

moreover it took overtime for the ravens to squeak by the steelers by 3 points (26-23), they beat the bengals by less than a td, the cards by less than a td, and they gave up 23 second quarter points in their loss to the chiefs.

so who are the ravens?

despite facing only 1 team with a winning record through their first 6 games, the ravens started the year at 4-2 and either lost or beat their opponent by less than a td, save for their first game of the year when they whipped the doormat dolphins.

since then however, i.e. in their last 4 games, they've pretty much smoked everyone in their path, equally impressive is 3 of the 4 teams they've faced during this stretch had winning records.

so which ravens team will show up at the coliseum come next monday night? the very beatable ravens team from the first 6 games of the year, or the world-beaters from the last 4 games?

by RedAlice
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

One thing to remember re the Ravens and Browns is a long standing Division hatred.

We saw some of that in the Browns - Steelers game. The Browns literally were trying to kill them. Both Connor and Juju were out w injury in Q1 and well we know what happened w Rudolph and Garrett.

The Browns have had a violent hate w all their Division rivals for years, and have been the nail forever.

Now that they are somewhat better, they play those specific teams harder.

Not to take anything away from the Ravens analysis.

by aeneas1
4 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

RedAlice wrote:Now that they are somewhat better, they play those specific teams harder.

while their divisional opponents have no particular skin in the fight, they're not as hell-bent on beating a divisional rival as the browns? tough buy for me.

by dieterbrock
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Any given Sunday right?
I mean, the Jets beat the Cowboys

by aeneas1
4 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Any given Sunday right?
I mean, the Jets beat the Cowboys

would it really be an any given sunday, the jets beat the cowboys, type of thing if the rams knocked off the ravens? or would it be more like one of the better teams of the last few years playing good ball and knocking off another good team?

by dieterbrock
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:would it really be an any given sunday, the jets beat the cowboys, type of thing if the rams knocked off the ravens? or would it be more like one of the better teams of the last few years playing good ball and knocking off another good team?

I would love to be able to find out the answer to that

by JackPMiller
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

The Ravens did beat the Seahawks in Seattle. So it means nothing.

• 1 / 1
7 posts Apr 18 2024