64 posts
  • 5 / 7
 by BobCarl
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:millen is an idiot
As a player, he won a Super Bowl Ring in Los Angeles ... he also won one in San Francisco, Oakland, and Washington.

ok, he was and still is an idiot, I can't argue with you on that point.

hgh honey, hgh.

exactly

by BobCarl
4 years 5 months ago
Superstar

snackdaddy wrote:I don't disagree with fining Rudolph. He went after Garrett and that is a violation deserving of a fine. But the people who are trying to put it all on him for this incident and making if like Garrett was a victim are totally wrong. These guys are professional athletes with a lot of adrenaline in the heat of the moment. I guess you could say its a guy thing. They lose their cool on occasion when their manhood is challenged. But using a weapon in a fight? That is beyond losing his cool. That is someone who cannot control his emotions and could do it again.

My perspective is very close to yours.

I think Rudolph should get a game or two suspension, what he did could have caused a Darryl Stingley type injury.

On the other hand, Garrett had a right to be pissed at what Rudolph did. But Garrett OVER-reacted and because of the danger and flagrancy of his (over) re-action, he deserves the full suspension that was levied against him.

by BobCarl
4 years 5 months ago
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:

Best post of the Month!

by sloramfan
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

no excuse for garrett... however..

rudolph was trying to pull garretts helmet off, and he doesn't get suspended?

not cool, nor just... stop with the crap, and send rudolph home, he's no victim..

and don't give me no bullshit about roughing the QB justifying what rudolph put in motion...

i've seen a lot of qb's get unnecessary roughness/sacks... but this is the first where i saw a QB try to rip off an offenders helmet..

the penalty should be equally administered ...neither is guilt free..

go rams

slo

by Neil039
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
Superstar

There fan base is as pathetic as the product there team has put on the field year in and year out.. It's funny when ppl say they feel bad for browns fans for there teams years of terrible play.. Why.. There a piece of s*** fan base who deserves all the misery they've been through over the last 20 years and they proved it tonight

My favorite quoted quote LOL

by /zn/
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

sloramfan wrote:no excuse for garrett... however..

stop with the crap, and send rudolph home, he's no victim..

slo

Garrett crossed a line. A big line. Has nothing to do with who is a victim, has to do with the line. Every Sunday there's probably at least one incident where players get into it. Think of Donald and Britt last year. And I can't think of any incident where someone crossed the line Garrett did.

So with all the incidents out there, no one I can think of has ripped off a helmet and smacked a guy with it. Regardless of whatever was happening or who was instigating what.

When you use it that way, a helmet is a 6 pound hard-shelled weapon. We're lucky no one was seriously hurt.

NFL has said Rudolph will be fined.

by pmill66
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   152  
Rookie

If im Rudolph assault charges would have already been filed. Hitting me in the head with my helmet in not a football play in the game of football, it is assault. No place for that in a game, none. That can not happen.
And if/when I get a conviction, here comes the civil suit. Make Garrett pay.

by BobCarl
4 years 4 months ago
Superstar

pmill66 wrote:If im Rudolph assault charges would have already been filed. Hitting me in the head with my helmet in not a football play in the game of football, it is assault. No place for that in a game, none. That can not happen.
And if/when I get a conviction, here comes the civil suit. Make Garrett pay.

The video shows that Rudolph initiated the situation .... also, Garrett didn't swing at him until after Rudolph aggressively came back towards him when being held by other players.

I think that Garrett would be cleared of any criminal charges and Rudolph would lose any civil case based on this incident.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

OH! THE HUMANITY!!!! :roll2:

I've stayed out of this one ….so far.

So much hysteria & drama from the media
….helmet as a "deadly weapon" :roll2:
ME: Anybody see the movie Sideways? When the motorcyclist girl finds out that her Romeo is engaged?

….filing aggravated assault charges :?
ME: Every football play constitutes "assault". Don't believe me? Go down to your local shopping mall and perform a form-tackle on another shopper walking towards you and see what happens.

Yeah, yeah....Garrett went over the top, no doubt......but the "OMG....the humanity!!!" reactions of some of the media, to me, was frankly, laughable.

Think I'm being too blasee about this? Maybe.....maybe so.
See in Canada, we grow up with hockey, another sport where speed and violent collisions occur (in fact more speed and kinetic energy occur with skate blades on ice, than result from cleats on grass)

so hockey…..ya know, where fighting between players occurs quite often. :idea2:

Google and check out 2 videos:
MARTY McSORLEY & DONALD BRASHEAR (knocked cold with hockey stick)
TODD BERTUZZI & STEVE MOORE (career ending 3 broken neck vertebrae)

Both these incidents went to Court with dubious results.....BUT TONS OF SPORTS MEDIA AIR TIME & HAND-WRINGING (like this Rudolph//Garrett deal is garnering so far). :roll2:

IMHO...
The NFL will mete out AMPLE punishment to prevent any future recurrences of this type of retaliation/fighting on a regular basis. So let's move along sportsfans…..nothing to see here!!

Another thought:
Has anybody calculated exactly how many millions Garrett will lose for 8 seconds of bad behavior??? :shock2: :arrow2: :idea2:

…..and not that I concurred even 60% with Samuel L Jackson's initial rant//observations... ME: "Hey Samuel, so what's in your noggin??!!"

BUT, Jackson's rant had a kernel of truth did it not?
IE. usually it takes two to tangle, right? :idea2:
....and Rudolph tried to remove Garretts helmet first, did he not, when they were both on the ground grappling?
And did Rudolph not kick Garrett in the pills as Garrett stood up?
So, did Mason Rudolph have ZERO percent blame in this thing? ZERO? :?
Just asking a question about this "Rudolph 100% anointed victimhood".

To me, the poor folks in Las Vegas, who were just sitting & watching a Country concert across the street from the Mandalay Bay, who were shot.....they were 100% victims, with zero percent fault. :idea2:
Can Rudolph make the same victimhood claim? I don't think so.

Wait till the ambulance-chaser lawyers sue on behalf of Rudolph's parents for the "pain & suffering" inflicted upon them when they watched the incident on TV in real time, and the subsequent agony they had to re-live each time the replay was aired thereafter! :idea2: :arrow2: :roll2:

In the end....just too much Sports Media drama for me here. I mean, Mason Rudolph didn't even chip a tooth in this heat-of-the-moment, non-premeditated Garrett deal. :idea2: So....not exactly "no harm, no foul", but can the Sports Media babies like Skip DramaQueen Bayless stop with the hysteria already???!!

Like I already reported, in a top-tier junior hockey league up here in Canada, where guys are trying to catch the NHL Scouts' eye via "feisty aggressive play" (and most are missing a lot of their teeth already), this Garrett 8 second meltdown is a nothing-burger. It's 5 minutes penalty for fighting.....and maybe another 5 minutes more in the penalty box for drawing blood! :idea2:
Oh yeah, Rudolph never shed a drop! :!2:

Anyhoo, I'm moving on.....and if Myles Garrett is made out to be some sort of a deplorable pariah in Cleveland, then let's get Snead to get him in
Horns,
because it's not like Garrett kicked a defenseless woman in the head in a hotel hallway, or drove drunk and killed a St.Louis housewife and mother eh!! :idea2:

As always....JMO.

by ramsrams
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   1176  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

I was going to miss “ Coach’s Corner” tonight, but you made up for it!

Good rant. :D

I miss Don Cherry already!

• 5 / 7
64 posts Apr 16 2024