10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Los Ramos have added CB Adonis Alexander to our PS today to replace CB D'onte Deayon who was activated to our 53 man roster earlier.

Former Redskins 6th Rounder in 2018 Supplemental Draft who played in 9 games as a STer in 2018. He was on Redskins PS for a while in 2019 but cut early last month. Redskins took him because he had a reportedly high ceiling, but had off field problems (marijuana arrest), so they took him per a Redskins blog-site because his former VaTech DB Coach Torrian Gray was on Redskins staff and two former VA Tech teamates Tim Settle and Greg Stroman were supposed to keep Adonis on the straight and narrow. Apparently he never picked up the Redskins D sufficiently for him to be considered a bona fide backup.

We already know from his Supplemental Draft status that he had issues maintaining his grades for attendance or learning acumen problems.....so looks like we signed a guy that Belicheck (who is known for hiring only smart players) wouldn't touch with a barge-pole. Although Belicheck did sign AB right.....
and AB is no Norman Einstein eh!! :lol2:

Adonis Alexander is a big CB 6'3" and 205 lbs ....4.61 time in the forty.
35.5 " Vertical
10'4" Broad Jump
4.38 seconds in 20yd Shuttle
7.18 seconds in 3-cone drill
9 reps on BP

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 5 months ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Physical specimen? Yes!

....but Adonis would have to gain about 100 pounds of weight by Sunday to be able to help out the struggling Rams OLine though!! :lol2:

Still....I hear Professor Kromer thinks he can cross-train Adonis to backup LongSnapper by this Friday!! ;)

by AvengerRam
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

As a Hokie dad, I approve!

by ramsrams
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1176  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

I can assure the forum, from a Greek mythological point of view, no one has ever called me Adonis.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 5 months ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Maybe with a tall CB like Jalen Ramsey, with his uber accomplished NFL resume, here on the same team as Adonis.....maybe with Ramsey as his in-house mentor, this Alexander kid reaches his potential faster than he could have in Washington??

It would be nice for Los Ramos to have a couple of tall big aggressive press-cover CBs, no? :idea2:

by BobCarl
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

CanuckRightWinger wrote:4.61 time in the forty

7.18 seconds in 3-cone drill

He's not going to be able to keep up with very many WR's

But as a person that can man-up with TE's ... covering a TE running routes .... setting the edge and shedding blocks from in the run game... blowing up RB that is protecting against the blitz ... maybe our muscle man can be the next Governor of California ... er I mean maybe Adonis Alexander can be a sort of a hybrid CB/DE type player.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 5 months ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Go points BobCarl! :idea2: :arrow2: 8-)
You remind me that I forgot in the OP to mention a couple of Draftnik notes indicating that because of Adonis's good size, but pedestrian speed, that he might also be considered a candidate to play Safety in the NFL.

Both Taylor Rapp and Cooper Kupp had their Draft stock drop because of their 40 yard dash times.....
...AND WHERE WOULD LOS RAMOS BE TODAY WITHOUT THOSE TWO STUDS HUH??!! :idea2:

Adonis Alexander's strengths besides his length and size was his man-on-man coverage, mirroring, tough-off-the-line treatment of opposing WRs.....which is why mentoring from Jalen Ramsey here in LA might be just the ticket for this kid who flunked outa school. :idea2:

by PARAM
4 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

I disliked the speaker but I love the saying....no risk-it, no biscuit. Is his only transgression pot? I would worry more if he slapped his girlfriend/wife, got arrested for robbery or dog fighting. Otherwise I like the size and reported high ceiling. The speed? Does he pllay as fast in pads as he does in shorts? We don't need a Darrell Green. A big, in-your-face CB who covers well despite his speed? We could always use one of those.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 4 months ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

MEMO TO RFU AMBASSADOR TO THE REPUBLIC OF KEY LARGO ;)
One year Adonis got suspended a few games by the Hokies for the pot arrest....
the next year he got suspended, just for the opening game IIRC.... for "breaking team rules".
But like PA, there are more worrisome traits than ingesting a substance that is now decriminalized in various North American jurisdictions....including Colorado, Washington....and all of Canada now. :idea2:

….for instance, Adonis Alexander was in the NFL Supplemental Draft because he was declared Academically Ineligible to play NCAA football the next season.....IE. ADONIS FLUNKED OUT OF SCHOOL! :?

So, to me, his smarts for learning Wade's D are perhaps in question.....but I still like the signing as I am very hopeful of a JRMP happening (Jalen Ramsey Mentorship Program) :idea2:

Hey Pennsylvania.....hope your weather is great! FYI, Swiss Family Canuck have visited your neighbouring Conch Republic of Key West a few times....my eldest still claims she will move there one day to live....probably started when as little girls they discovered all those 6-toed cats at Papa Hemmingway's House :lol2:
For me, I have always preferred Duval Street to Bourbon Street 8-)

Have a great stay down there my friend!!! ;)

CRW

• 1 / 1
10 posts Apr 16 2024