9 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by gmansrams
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   44  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

1.) I understand over reaction Monday, but I don't understand those ready to abandon Sean McVay so quickly. Rams are still 5 and 4 not 0 and 9. Be careful for what one wishes for, certain Daniel Snyder would happily open his checkbook for a John Gruden type contract to lure Sean McVay.

2.) Once Rob H went down yesterday forcing Coleman Shelton into the contest the offensive play calls available to Sean McVay were extremely limited. You can blame the coaching staff but in reality the players union is going to have to loosen the restrictions the CBA places on practice etc.

Shelton did not sign until September 2 I believe and his addition was necessary due to the poor play of both Demby and Evans during camp and the preseason. The Rams ended the contest with Whitworth at LOT, the newly signed Corbett at LOG, Blythe at C, Shelton at ROG and David Edwards kicked out to ROT, his third position since entering the starting lineup against the Falcons in Week 7.

During McVay's first two seasons the Rams had an almost unheard of string of luck on the injury front in the trenches, not this season however. An already thin positional group has been hit the hardest of all the positions.

3.) The injuries along the offensive line is going to force Sean McVay to rethink his offensive approach for the remainder of the season. Even without the injuries a change in philosophy was needed. I posted during the offseason I expected a run heavy offense in 2019 with heavy use of both two and three TE sets. In addition I thought McVay would begin using a 6th offensive lineman at times as he did in Washington and I am referencing between the 20's here, not in game situations that demand the jumbo packages.

4.) You won't win many games in this league losing the turnover, time of possession, and field position battle every week. This team lacks an identity currently and the offense is struggling with poor fundamentals beginning to enter the equation.

To get this team back on track and back in the win column, I expect Sean McVay to come out with an old school approach against the Bears at home next Sunday night. I think the offense is simplified and he will let the offensive lineman get on their toes and take the attack to the Bears defense. I expect a run heavy offense that seeks to generate first downs, control the clock and when the drive does not result in putting points on the board, leaves the opposing offense in a poor starting position, leaving the task in the hands of a defense that seeks to totally dismantle the Bears offense, force turnovers, and return the ball to the offense in the opponents side of the 50.

5.) Winning cures all. The Rams need to seek to annihilate the Bears next Sunday night at home with an old school defensive led win. They do that, and this team will establish an identity for the second half of the season and put themselves back into the playoff race. Sorry Chicago but we are in need of a complete and total obliteration win.

Go Rams!

by ramsfan1977
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

Realize this, the Rams have only played 3 games in the Coliseum out of 9. They can go 5-2 the rest of the way and hope Seattle or Minnesota comes back to the pack. 10-6 with a tiebreaker of Carolina.

by TomSlick
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

ramsfan1977 wrote:Realize this, the Rams have only played 3 games in the Coliseum out of 9. They can go 5-2 the rest of the way and hope Seattle or Minnesota comes back to the pack. 10-6 with a tiebreaker of Carolina.

Not sure you were aware that the London game was a home game.

by snackdaddy
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Love the optimism. But I can't be optimistic after what we saw yesterday. The Steelers are a good defensive team but not top 5. Maybe not even top ten. We scored 3 offensive points yesterday. Can you imagine what the Bears might do to us if we don't get a defensive score?

Goff looked very similar to the 2016 Goff under Fisher's tutelage. I know its hard not to regress with the poor protection. But sometimes he looks like a lost rookie. Like the lost rookie he was in 2016.

And that long wind up when he throws the ball really worries me. He's giving defenders that extra half second to hit his arm on the release. I believe a lot of his fumbles he was starting the process to throw the ball and never got the chance because someone hit his arm/hand/ball.

A quicker release and maybe a few of those fumbles don't happen. Not sure if he's been that way all along but it sure looks obvious now. I'm sure the Bears defense is talking about getting their hands on his throwing arm this week.

by SolarRam
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   140  
United States of America   San Diego, CA
Practice Squad

Being at the Coliseum isn't any kind of home field advantage, other than not having to travel. The Niner fans were 50% louder than the Rams fans a month ago. It was embarrassing and extremely frustrating to watch Goff go to a silent count in our own house. Who's house? Their house!!! I guess it was bad luck when my friend got to fist pump York on the way in. I should have held him back from being able to do that. :oops2:

The Bears game isn't sold out and the ticket office is still calling current ticket holders to try and get them to take more. LA is interested in other things to do than a Rams team that can't beat crappy teams.

The Bears have a terrible offense...we'll be lucky if there are any TDs next Sunday. Right now the glass is half empty.

by Mr. Sparkle
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

SolarRam wrote:Being at the Coliseum isn't any kind of home field advantage, other than not having to travel. The Niner fans were 50% louder than the Rams fans a month ago. It was embarrassing and extremely frustrating to watch Goff go to a silent count in our own house. Who's house? Their house!!! I guess it was bad luck when my friend got to fist pump York on the way in. I should have held him back from being able to do that. :oops2:

The Bears game isn't sold out and the ticket office is still calling current ticket holders to try and get them to take more. LA is interested in other things to do than a Rams team that can't beat crappy teams.

The Bears have a terrible offense...we'll be lucky if there are any TDs next Sunday. Right now the glass is half empty.

They were 50% louder because they had 50% more to yell about :lol2: :lol2:
Where are your seats at because they have not contacted me and would like to get another 1 or 2 around my section. Maybe certain areas are still open? Guess my cheap area sells well haha.

by bremillard
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   625  
Veteran

"And that long wind up when he throws the ball really worries me. He's giving defenders that extra half second to hit his arm on the release. I believe a lot of his fumbles he was starting the process to throw the ball and never got the chance because someone hit his arm/hand/ball.

A quicker release and maybe a few of those fumbles don't happen."

That's the 800 pound gorilla in the room that no one is willing to talk about. You are ABSOLUTELY correct and I just touched on it in another thread.

by BobCarl
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
Superstar

SolarRam wrote:Right now the glass is half empty.
... no ... the glass is too big

by BobCarl
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
Superstar

bremillard wrote:That's the 800 pound gorilla in the room that no one is willing to talk about.
No one? Then you aren't listening. The quick release game seems to be a flaw in Goff's game. But maybe it is just a flaw in McVay's game plan, I dunno.

If the quick-release passing game can't be implemented by the next game then Khalil Mack will have a chance of breaking his game high of 5 sacks in a game.

• 1 / 1
9 posts Apr 16 2024