12 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by CanuckRightWinger
4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   953  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Veteran

STEP 01: Pay amongst NFL highest Position Salaries to:
DT Aaron Donald, QB Jared Goff, RB Todd Gurley, WR Brandon Cooks, ER Dante Fowler, LT Andrew Whitworth, RT Bob Havenstein (and dammit, pay some of those Salaries well before they are Contractually required)

STEP 02: Overpay (for production-yielded) to guys like Brockers, Weddle, Higbee, Nickell Robey-Coleman

STEP 03A: Decide to produce needed 2019 Salary Cap $$ by jettisoning Interior OLine vets Rodger Saffold and John Sullivan,
STEP 03B: Have McSnead drink the bullshit koolaid that Aaron B.S.Artist Kromer was peddling.....ie. 2019 Ram OLine starters are set with greenhorns Joe ANaturalOT Noteboom at LG and Brian ANaturalDwarf Allen at OC......oh yeah, and also per Das Professor Kromer, don't worry about OL depth because we have Jamil Demby in the wings!!! :roll2:

STEP 04: Even after Detroit, Chicago, Philly successfully stymied Sean StubbornIrish McVay's Always 11's Offense, leading to Bellicheck's SB LIII BluePrint totally shutting it down.....in spite of that, come into 2019 and run the same Offensive shyte over and over again...…
minus behemoth blocker Rodger Saffold
minus aging but smart blocking-caller John Sullivan
minus an effective Todd Gurley that used to give our Play Action credibility
….and oh yeah, minus the jet-sweeps which BTW worked pretty good in 2017 and 2018.

Mix up the above list and what d'ya get to serve up?
You serve up a Classic SB Hangover via a 5-4 record in Week Ten with 2019 Playoff hopes diminishing to a Rams fandom that was expecting a helluva lot better!! :idea2: :arrow2: :cry2:

THE WEAK 2019 RAMS OLINE IS THE ROOT CAUSE FOR OUR POOR W-L RECORD SO FAR.....IT HAS LED TO GOFF'S AND GURLEY'S INEFFECTIVENESS....

AND, VERY UNEXPECTEDLY AND TROUBLINGLY.....
SEAN MCVAY'S INABILITY TO RETOOL AND ADAPT TO THE NEW REALITY IS ALSO TO BLAME. :idea2:

As always, JMO.

by norcalramfan
4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   180  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

He needs a full-time OC. He can still have his finger prints all over the offense including game planning, play calling etc, but he needs to have an OC who takes control over the offense instead of the BS current day arrangement with a passing and running game coordinator. He needs to find a well respected QB coach. Goff has had three different QB coaches in three years and I think that has added to his regression as much as the OL.

Lastly, he needs to really start questioning the evaluation capability of Kroemer. I imagine after last year's SB loss the entire hierarchy got together and put together a plan for the salary cap, player acquisition etc. Weddle and Matthews were nice additions and have contributed positively to the defense this year. Deciding to go the Weddle direction instead of extending Joyner was wise and prudent.

However, the decision to let Saffold and Sullivan walk thinking Noteboom and Allen were ready and the offensive production would see no drop off was ill-advised and causes me to question Kroemer's talent evaluation. That same poor evaluation also resulted in the Rams drafting Demby who was cut and then brought back when he couldn't make the Lion's roster. That same evaluation brought us Evans in round #3 last year who has been inactive nearly every game, but yet a 5th rounder in Edwards who has started. That same evaluation resulted in thinking Havenstein was an NFL RT and getting a second contract from the Rams.

The OL has been mismanaged horribly with poor talent and player projection evaluations. Last year McVay jettisoned DL coach Bill Johnson in favor of a young and more enthusiastic coach apparently with the belief the DL could be better and Johnson didn't get the execution or results expected by McVay. I suspect Kroemer's fate will be similar.

by SoCalRam78
4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1012  
United States of America   SoCal
Pro Bowl

Rams bought into their own bullshit too much. Happens, you get high on your own supply at times. Cracks were beginning to show when physical defenses began to make us look mortal, now the bottom has come out.

Rams knew their offensive line even back in 2017 wasn't exactly young or a long term solution with Whit and Sullivan. As these guys got older/worse, they decided to believe they could replace these guys on the fly internally with mid round picks. Massive fail

Rams also do not have a lot of depth because their GM apparently doesn't believe in first round picks anymore. So when their injury luck runs out, it gets ugly. Their injury luck has also hit their weakest unit the O line.

Despite all this and with a clearly diminished RB in TG3, McMartz has doubled down and basically ran the same offense he has since 2017. Seems like a well coached defense is in our back pocket every game. Rams aren't just losing, they're losing really ugly. 3 points yesterday on offense? 78 yards passing s SF? alarming losses on the offensive side of the ball for boy wonder.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 weeks ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Veteran

I am not an accountant, but I've dealt with budget management in a few jobs I've had.....so just spit-balling here on how Enos Stan Kroenke's Ram numbers-guys have spent his money trying to get Kroenke (and Ramsnation) the best-bang-for-the-buck....

On spotrac.com, where they show the list of ALL NFL TEAMS SALARY CAP Stats, you click onto a team, and it shows all the Players, all their salaries for 2019, in descending order......…
and the final column on the right shows the PERCENTAGE that each player salary counts against that Team's Overall 2019 Cap.

Here's Los Ramos Top Eleven 2019 Player Salaries % of Salary Cap eaten:

RAM PLAYER...….CAP %...… MY COMMENT
Aaron Donald......9.03......ALL PRO IN HIS PRIME
A.Whitworth…….8.79......AGING&LESS EFFECTIVE. RETIREMENT LOOMING
Brandon Cooks....8.06.....CONCUSSIONS LIMIT 2019 STATS & MAYBE CAREER
Dante Fowler......6.34.....IN HIS PRIME. PRO-BOWL TYPE STATS
M.Brockers……..5.68.....AGING&LESS EFFECTIVE. UFA IN 2020.
Jared Goff...……5.61.....NEEDS STRONG OLINE TO BE EFFECTIVE
Todd Gurley...….4.86....DAMAGED KNEE LIMITS 2019 PRODUCTION
R.Havenstein…..4.38.....SUDDENLY VERY INEFFECTIVE
Robert Woods.....4.32.....IN HIS PRIME. PRO-BOWL TYPE STATS
Robey-Coleman..3.19.....OVERPAID FOR PRODUCTION GIVEN
Eric Weddle...….3.04......AGING. OVERPAID FOR PRODUCTION GIVEN
TOP 11 TOTAL.....63.3% OF 2019 LOS RAMOS SALARY CAP! :shock2:

You blow nearly two thirds of your budget on 11 high-priced guys and it becomes a necessity to CHEAP-OUT in some other areas. The Rams braintrust decided to CHEAP-OUT on our 2019 Interior OLine by employing some low cost talent...
….and it has cost us BIG TIME!!

Posters who are less critical of Demoff, McSnead & Co. will say
"Hey, it's like that on EVERY NFL Team, with the top paid players getting a disproportionately higher percentage of the total Salary Cap Money. It's just simple math. Duh."

ME: I don't wanna devote too much time to doing a Werner von Braun analysis of all 32 NFL Teams' Salary Caps.....but I did look at ONE team....the New England Patriots. Their Top Eleven Salaries totalled about 46% of their 2019 Salary Cap bucks...…or 17% less than Los Ramos. :idea2:
...which equates to about $35Million more to spend on the other 42 players." :idea2:

I am no Capologist…..but it looks to me like we blew a lot of Stan's Moola on some dry wells. :?
…..oh, and guys who are more knowledgeable on the NFL Salary Cap....
do please straighten out any of my flawed numbers above. After all, even grizzled old baby-boomers should still be willing to learn and expand their outlooks eh!!! ;) :arrow2: :lol2:

by Horny Mcbae
4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1389  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

Good points made Canuck but for a SB hangover don’t you have to actually win the super bowl.

Our O line is trash that’s for everyone to see. And our QB isn’t some hit shot stud who can overcome that deficiency with his play like some other QBs can. We should be looking at some of the decisions Snead and Sean made regarding salary cap and extensions. Donald and Todd were no brainers provided the Todd knee thing was something acute and not something chronic in which case it was a huge fail on our part not to do due diligence on his knee before the big contract. Woods’ deal is a bargain and so is Cooks’ when he’s on the field. Higbee was a wtf contract. I still don’t know what that was. And at the time folks said just trust the management. Goff’s extension........ well....... I don’t know what we could have done other than extend him. Jettisoning him and starting over with another QB sounds good in theory but how do you make that call when you’ve seen it work with Goff. How much his output is directly related to a elite O Line should have been something they were aware of. It’s not some hot shot evaluation it’s obvious. The numbers are what they are. The market dictates that and the don’t really have much room to maneuver when it comes to that.

And then we go all in again with Ramsey like we are still in win now mode even after all those contracts and salaries leaving very little for the rest of the roster. That kind of flashy move was surprising. Especially now that we’ll make him highest paid player at his position very soon which compounds the issue when you consider we can’t reload with cheap draft picks because we gave away all our high ones.

I’m not too mad about a bad season after 2 great ones but I’m concerned about the direction that Snead and Sean have set us on. If we don’t hit on our late round picks. And I mean really hit I don’t see how we become contenders again in the next 2-3 seasons. The math just doesn’t add up. Going into the new stadium next season.......... that is such a huge gamble. No matter how much of a foot hold the Rams have made in LA since 2016 Half the stadium is gonna be empty if it’s a 7-9 team.

by SoCalRam78
4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1012  
United States of America   SoCal
Pro Bowl

CanuckRightWinger wrote:I am not an accountant, but I've dealt with budget management in a few jobs I've had.....so just spit-balling here on how Enos Stan Kroenke's Ram numbers-guys have spent his money trying to get Kroenke (and Ramsnation) the best-bang-for-the-buck....

On spotrac.com, where they show the list of ALL NFL TEAMS SALARY CAP Stats, you click onto a team, and it shows all the Players, all their salaries for 2019, in descending order......…
and the final column on the right shows the PERCENTAGE that each player salary counts against that Team's Overall 2019 Cap.

Here's Los Ramos Top Eleven 2019 Player Salaries % of Salary Cap eaten:

RAM PLAYER...….CAP %...… MY COMMENT
Aaron Donald......9.03......ALL PRO IN HIS PRIME
A.Whitworth…….8.79......AGING&LESS EFFECTIVE. RETIREMENT LOOMING
Brandon Cooks....8.06.....CONCUSSIONS LIMIT 2019 STATS & MAYBE CAREER
Dante Fowler......6.34.....IN HIS PRIME. PRO-BOWL TYPE STATS
M.Brockers……..5.68.....AGING&LESS EFFECTIVE. UFA IN 2020.
Jared Goff...……5.61.....NEEDS STRONG OLINE TO BE EFFECTIVE
Todd Gurley...….4.86....DAMAGED KNEE LIMITS 2019 PRODUCTION
R.Havenstein…..4.38.....SUDDENLY VERY INEFFECTIVE
Robert Woods.....4.32.....IN HIS PRIME. PRO-BOWL TYPE STATS
Robey-Coleman..3.19.....OVERPAID FOR PRODUCTION GIVEN
Eric Weddle...….3.04......AGING. OVERPAID FOR PRODUCTION GIVEN
TOP 11 TOTAL.....63.3% OF 2019 LOS RAMOS SALARY CAP! :shock2:

You blow nearly two thirds of your budget on 11 high-priced guys and it becomes a necessity to CHEAP-OUT in some other areas. The Rams braintrust decided to CHEAP-OUT on our 2019 Interior OLine by employing some low cost talent...
….and it has cost us BIG TIME!!

Posters who are less critical of Demoff, McSnead & Co. will say
"Hey, it's like that on EVERY NFL Team, with the top paid players getting a disproportionately higher percentage of the total Salary Cap Money. It's just simple math. Duh."

ME: I don't wanna devote too much time to doing a Werner von Braun analysis of all 32 NFL Teams' Salary Caps.....but I did look at ONE team....the New England Patriots. Their Top Eleven Salaries totalled about 46% of their 2019 Salary Cap bucks...…or 17% less than Los Ramos. :idea2:
...which equates to about $35Million more to spend on the other 42 players." :idea2:

I am no Capologist…..but it looks to me like we blew a lot of Stan's Moola on some dry wells. :?
…..oh, and guys who are more knowledgeable on the NFL Salary Cap....
do please straighten out any of my flawed numbers above. After all, even grizzled old baby-boomers should still be willing to learn and expand their outlooks eh!!! ;) :arrow2: :lol2:

It's worse next year. Jared Goof, Donald, Gurley, and Cooks (4 fucking players), make 45% of their cap.

Nice job Snead.

by bremillard
4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   39  
Undrafted Free Agent

Absolutely know my opinion means nothing but my gut told me the Rams should have traded Goff to whomever was willing to pay for whatever they were willing to give. He just needs too much to be effective...especially for 130 million.

by CanuckRightWinger
3 weeks ago
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Veteran

Okay, Werner von Braun here.....sort of.....
SO, besides New England's top 11 Salaries being only 46% of their 2019 Total Cap dollars spent, I also could not help myself, (after saying I wouldn't :oops2: ) and checked out our NFC West rivals' Top Eleven Salaries percentage of Total 2019 Cap dollars spent:
Seattle 48%
SF 46%
Arizona 45%
source: spotrac.com

So all three of our Division foes are right with New England between 45 to 48 percent. :idea2:
Remembering that Los Ramos are spending over 63% on their Top Eleven guys for 2019...…and the sorrowful state of our OLine….I have a question...

um, does anybody have John St.Clair's phone number and does he work cheap?? :?2:
Actually, I guess that's two questions eh?! :?

by BobCarl
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3008  
Superstar

SoCalRam78 wrote:It's worse next year. Jared Goof, Donald, Gurley, and Cooks (4 fucking players), make 45% of their cap.

Nice job Snead.
What if you add the highest paid cornerback in the NFL to that list?

Next season we are lucky to get to keep Cooper Kupp at his 4th year rookie contract at $1.2 mill of cap space, but then what?

• 1 / 2
12 posts Dec 09 2019