43 posts
  • 4 / 5
 by /zn/
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:It’s physical. He’s not the same.

VB on this:

Russell Small@brewnnut
I’m so tired hearing about McVay and his decisions regarding Gurley.

Vincent Bonsignore@VinnyBonsignore
That is not what’s going on

Todd wants to be out there. He wants the rock. Sean would love to feed it to him. Often. The harsh reality of football/injury has sabotaged that.

The #Rams two biggest issues – working around pitch count plan on Todd Gurley & a revamped & now injured offensive line – reared their ugly head again.

by moklerman
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

So what is VB suggesting? I don't understand how Gurley can want to be out there and McVay wants to feed it to him but he doesn't even play in the 4th quarter and only gets 12 carries. Why? Either Gurley can't answer the bell or McVay is holding him out. Gurley wanting more carries and McVay wanting to feed him but it not happening doesn't make sense.

by moklerman
4 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

VB keeps acting as if the situation is obvious but he's just guessing and mind-reading. I mean, he isn't getting any info from McVay or Gurley that actually explains anything.

by /zn/
4 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I don't buy Vinny's take either. If the idea is to keep Gurley fresh, save him, what are we saving him for? The season is on the line now. It was on the line yesterday.

To be fair VB doesn't have A take. He routinely points to other possibilities.

Like this from yesterday's Athletic article. He mentions that the limited pitch count may be due to "concern that his surgically repaired knee will not hold up with more use."

That's not a "saving him" thing, it's a physical thing. Can the knee handle more use? In the tweet already quoted a couple of times here, he says "Sean would love to feed it to him. Often. The harsh reality of football/injury has sabotaged that."

So VB seems to be saying it's either to save him for later OR it's physical. To me yesterday firmly showed it's not the former, since now IS later. So if it's #1 the Rams are idiots. If it's #2 they have no choice in how they handle things.

by snackdaddy
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Gurley's issue is one thing. The other issues are another thing. If the Rams are that bad without a healthy, 100 percent Gurley, then I would say they were not that good to begin with. One player does not make the whole team.

Their issues go far beyond Gurley. If they were good enough, the could IR or sit Gurley a few games and go with Brown and Henderson. But they aren't good enough to win with that. Its probably just that simple. They are not a good team. Probably still not good enough to win with a 100 percent Gurley.

by /zn/
4 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

Vincent Bonsignore@VinnyBonsignore
I’ve seen fans questioning Todd’s commitment after his comments last night about his usage. To those of you who are, replace your laziness with nuance.

Two things make it crystal clear that the #Rams and Todd Gurley are working through/managing an issue with his knee: His usage rate/patterns and the fact he hasn’t protested about those rates/patterns.

by moklerman
4 years 4 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:I have no idea what’s going on.
He looked good. I still think there’s a gear missing and I’m fascinated to see his usage the rest of the way.
But it was nice to see him so involved.
In a way, one has to hope that Gurley truly was limited the first 9 games and that he is now coming out of it. If he has been capable of this all year and just not being used? That's no bueno.

• 4 / 5
43 posts Apr 16 2024