CLOSE
50 posts
  • 5 / 5
 by /zn/
4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4664  
United States of America   Maine
Superstar

Elvis wrote:I don't buy Vinny's take either. If the idea is to keep Gurley fresh, save him, what are we saving him for? The season is on the line now. It was on the line yesterday.

To be fair VB doesn't have A take. He routinely points to other possibilities.

Like this from yesterday's Athletic article. He mentions that the limited pitch count may be due to "concern that his surgically repaired knee will not hold up with more use."

That's not a "saving him" thing, it's a physical thing. Can the knee handle more use? In the tweet already quoted a couple of times here, he says "Sean would love to feed it to him. Often. The harsh reality of football/injury has sabotaged that."

So VB seems to be saying it's either to save him for later OR it's physical. To me yesterday firmly showed it's not the former, since now IS later. So if it's #1 the Rams are idiots. If it's #2 they have no choice in how they handle things.

by snackdaddy
4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   5867  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Gurley's issue is one thing. The other issues are another thing. If the Rams are that bad without a healthy, 100 percent Gurley, then I would say they were not that good to begin with. One player does not make the whole team.

Their issues go far beyond Gurley. If they were good enough, the could IR or sit Gurley a few games and go with Brown and Henderson. But they aren't good enough to win with that. Its probably just that simple. They are not a good team. Probably still not good enough to win with a 100 percent Gurley.

by /zn/
4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4664  
United States of America   Maine
Superstar

Vincent [email protected]
I’ve seen fans questioning Todd’s commitment after his comments last night about his usage. To those of you who are, replace your laziness with nuance.

Two things make it crystal clear that the #Rams and Todd Gurley are working through/managing an issue with his knee: His usage rate/patterns and the fact he hasn’t protested about those rates/patterns.

by Dick84
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4655  
Italy   LA Coliseum
Superstar

I have no idea what’s going on.
He looked good. I still think there’s a gear missing and I’m fascinated to see his usage the rest of the way.
But it was nice to see him so involved.

by moklerman
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   5394  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:I have no idea what’s going on.
He looked good. I still think there’s a gear missing and I’m fascinated to see his usage the rest of the way.
But it was nice to see him so involved.
In a way, one has to hope that Gurley truly was limited the first 9 games and that he is now coming out of it. If he has been capable of this all year and just not being used? That's no bueno.

by actionjack
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   861  
United States of America   Sactown
Veteran

I think it is pretty simple. The Rams are concerned about over using TG in the short and longer term. Now that the season is in the balance now is the time to use him. Also I think the Rams have realized you cant be efficient splitting TG, he needs to get about 75% of the touches to be affective. I thought Collinworth nailed it when he said the screen game has been the missing link this year in the Rams offense. It was great to see TG getting out in space on it last night. Funny how the pass opened up in the second half after the bears had to commit more to the running game. IMO last night was the first time all season the Rams offense looked like the first half of last year. TG is the straw....

by BobCarl
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3009  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

BobCarl wrote:I don't agree. I thought he showed some great bursts when there was some daylight. Just didn't have much daylight today.

I think the Rams are playing rope-a-dope with Gurley
I stand by that post from last week

• 5 / 5
50 posts Dec 09 2019