CLOSE
34 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by BobCarl
5 days ago
 Total posts:   2902  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:2019 rookie rb drafted in rounds 1-6, also included is kamara's rookie year:

02.png

I hope that Henderson is more than a gadget player ... but I think he has potential to be a huge contributor to the Rams coming down the stretch.

should I say ... hello Steelers?

by /zn/
4 days ago
 Total posts:   4609  
United States of America   Maine
Superstar

One of the things that stands out with Henderson--he has amazing contact balance. Yes he's fast, has good acceleration, is strong for his size (with a nice compact build) but IMO what sets him apart is maintaining balance and momentum when hit. He's elusive, but not super elusive, so the contact balance helps him deal with traffic.

That was one of the things that jumped out on the highlights I looked at when he was first drafted.

I don't know if I can find it, but there's a tweet/vid out there somewhere of him with the Rams getting a first down after initially being full on hit short of the first down, and he simply maintains his balance and churns ahead. It's representative of that part of his game.

by Dick84
4 days ago
 Total posts:   4516  
Italy   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:How are his hands out of the backfield?

Fantastic. Hand catcher, not a body catcher. Got to get him the ball in space more.

by Dick84
4 days ago
 Total posts:   4516  
Italy   LA Coliseum
Superstar

/zn/ wrote:One of the things that stands out with Henderson--he has amazing contact balance. Yes he's fast, has good acceleration, is strong for his size (with a nice compact build) but IMO what sets him apart is maintaining balance and momentum when hit. He's elusive, but not super elusive, so the contact balance helps him deal with traffic.

That was one of the things that jumped out on the highlights I looked at when he was first drafted.

I don't know if I can find it, but there's a tweet/vid out there somewhere of him getting a first down after being initially full on hit short of the first down, and he simply maintains his balance and churns ahead. It's representative of that part of his game.

I have to say that this is a pretty great observation of his running style.
He runs more upright than you’d like.. but this ability seems to offset that concern.

by actionjack
4 days ago
 Total posts:   803  
United States of America   Sactown
Veteran

I love Henderson, his biggest impediment is getting opportunities. I really like Malcolm Brown, but I hope they ease him back in and still get DH his touches.

I think of him is a bigger and quicker version of MJD.

by /zn/
4 days ago
 Total posts:   4609  
United States of America   Maine
Superstar

/zn/ wrote:One of the things that stands out with Henderson--he has amazing contact balance.

One example but not the one I was looking for.

by ramsman34
4 days ago
 Total posts:   3425  
United States of America   Enemy Territory - Seattle
Superstar

He always keeps his legs and feet moving, usually north. He has great hands and his shirt area burst make him a big YAC guy in space. This is not lost on McPass. I hope we really use the backs and the run game well Sunday. We have to be able to run efficiently. And stay in 3rd and short situations. I would like to see over 200 yards from the backs, combined rushing/receiving. And 2 TDS.

• 3 / 4
34 posts Nov 13 2019