1540 posts
  • 65 / 154
 by Hacksaw
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Now I'm curious, what is the distinction between these chairs. That the red ones are grouped as paired units (double layer?) as opposed to the blue which seem to be the same, just connected differently?

by Mr. Sparkle
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

Yeah...these seats look the same as the new ones we have now. They look cheap, they feel cheap, and they’ll probably have to be replaced constantly.
Blows my mind that much attention is given to things like WiFi and huge screens but the bit arguably the most important thing when it comes to comfort, they cut corners.
I’m sure it’s fine and all and ultimately not a big deal but was really looking forward to a world class faculty from top to bottom and this feels like a big bug splat on a nice new expensive car.

by ziggy
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   597  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Maybe I mis-remembered-- but at the PSL sales office. Didn't they have sample chairs from the 'VIP' section? Those were cushioned and sturdier. I guess 'those' people get the good chairs?

by Mr. Sparkle
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

ziggy wrote:Maybe I mis-remembered-- but at the PSL sales office. Didn't they have sample chairs from the 'VIP' section? Those were cushioned and sturdier. I guess 'those' people get the good chairs?

Correct. Think there was 3 classes or chairs. Still think us peeps in 3rd class would have a higher standard at such a nice stadium. Again, I am sure its fine and not a huge deal, BUT, too bad its one thing that surely will not wow people.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   10517  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Now I'm curious, what is the distinction between these chairs. That the red ones are grouped as paired units (double layer?) as opposed to the blue which seem to be the same, just connected differently?

The way those new seats work they slide. That way a seat or two can be added to a row for a Super Bowl or other key event where you want to add as many tickets as you can.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

Mr. Sparkle wrote:Correct. Think there was 3 classes or chairs. Still think us peeps in 3rd class would have a higher standard at such a nice stadium. Again, I am sure its fine and not a huge deal, BUT, too bad its one thing that surely will not wow people.

I was not wowed by the upper deck at AT&T Stadium in Arlington/Dallas. The seats were bad, the concourse areas boring and the concessions rather underwhelming. However the club areas, suites and similar upscale areas are amazing.

by SWAdude
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

There were only two types of chairs when we visited the Premier Center.

We went early on and as I recall they were only selling Premium and Premier seats. When they opened up the rest of the stadium they may very well have added another level of seat that they didn't have on display. We thought the seats shown in the photo were nicer than the new ones at the coliseum personally.

The seats in a stadium I view as property and you get what you pay for. This is a First Class stadium well and above what quality of seats are in the higher altitudes in the corners of the stadium. Adequate should be expected. Those seats are in the Palace as well.

I really can't see how you can add seats in these rows. Or any other stadium I have ever visited. What I see and felt was a seat that doesn't feel as rigid which I find more comfortable.

This is getting pretty damn exciting.

GO RAMS!!!

by Hacksaw
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

It's really beginning to look like itself. Amazing. Well done ESK !!

Go RAMS !!

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

SWAdude wrote:I really can't see how you can add seats in these rows. Or any other stadium I have ever visited. What I see and felt was a seat that doesn't feel as rigid which I find more comfortable.

There are the old style that can't be changed easily.

These are the seats that they are putting in new stadiums that allow flexibility. I can't find the video now, but one of the Twin City TV stations had a story about how they could easily add/remove seats with these new systems on rails at US Bank Stadium. See how there's a gap? If they compress that gap they can get one more seat in a row.

Again I am offering this up without bias and only as an FYI

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

I think it would be interesting if an American football stadium (college or pro) would ever offer a "safe standing" section like they do at soccer stadiums. Just look at that one end of the LAFC stadium and how raucous it is.

• 65 / 154
1540 posts Apr 25 2024