CLOSE
20 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by snackdaddy
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   5656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Trading just for the sake of trading? Knee jerk reactions? Meanwhile we haven't had a first round pick since 2016 and won't have one till 2022? I remember when draft day was the highlight of our year. Then we started winning. Now we're not winning and I was looking forward to the draft again. Until we no longer have a first round pick. We could be screwed with a non winning season and no draft pick to look forward to.

by dieterbrock
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   10753  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

28-11 with McVay as coach. I’m not thinking we’re drafting top 10 for a long time. And this is a top 3 talent

by Gareth
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   747  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

snackdaddy wrote:Trading just for the sake of trading? Knee jerk reactions? Meanwhile we haven't had a first round pick since 2016 and won't have one till 2022? I remember when draft day was the highlight of our year. Then we started winning. Now we're not winning and I was looking forward to the draft again. Until we no longer have a first round pick. We could be screwed with a non winning season and no draft pick to look forward to.

Not winning? Coming off 2 great seasons including a Super Bowl appearance. This year they are three and three. You give up easily don’t you?

by snackdaddy
3 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

Gareth wrote:Not winning? Coming off 2 great seasons including a Super Bowl appearance. This year they are three and three. You give up easily don’t you?

Its my defense mechanism after all the abysmal years of losing. Expect the worst. If it doesn't happen then be glad. If it does, well, I expected it so I ain't too disappointed.

by rams74
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   743  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Veteran

snackdaddy wrote:Its my defense mechanism after all the abysmal years of losing. Expect the worst. If it doesn't happen then be glad. If it does, well, I expected it so I ain't too disappointed.

I'm right there with you, Snack. That's been my attitude for so long it's hard to shake just because we have a couple of fantastic years.

Go Rams!

by Gareth
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   747  
Veteran

snackdaddy wrote:Its my defense mechanism after all the abysmal years of losing. Expect the worst. If it doesn't happen then be glad. If it does, well, I expected it so I ain't too disappointed.

Not the response I was expecting but I understand where you’re coming from. I have to fight some of that myself.

But this is a new regime. I believe in Sean McVay. He might be struggling now, but think about it. He’s 33 years old and has already had enormous success. Let’s give him some time. I like our future with him at the helm. Maybe I’m wrong and will change my mind eventually but it’s much much too early for that.

by AltiTude Ram
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1353  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

This is so much cooler than wait for next year.

The Rams are making changes to an already talented group to get better as a team.

I like it much better than draft talk in October. 😎

by snackdaddy
3 weeks ago
Hall of Fame

Gareth wrote:Not the response I was expecting but I understand where you’re coming from. I have to fight some of that myself.

But this is a new regime. I believe in Sean McVay. He might be struggling now, but think about it. He’s 33 years old and has already had enormous success. Let’s give him some time. I like our future with him at the helm. Maybe I’m wrong and will change my mind eventually but it’s much much too early for that.

I've tried to be more positive lately, but in the back of my mind I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Even when they were 8-0. I think only 4 winning seasons from 1990 to 2016 has jaded me. I keep expecting them to turn back into a pumpkin. Something about that last loss seemed to take a lot out of me. It brought back memories of the bad times. When I expected bad things to happen because they always did happen.

by Lewal
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   39  
Undrafted Free Agent

Sort of feel like they have to... they’re still trying to sell tickets at the new stadium.

by Dick84
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4510  
Italy   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Lewal wrote:Sort of feel like they have to... they’re still trying to sell tickets at the new stadium.

This is, I think, part of the trade. I don’t always buy into that kind of thing, but it fits here.

• 2 / 2
20 posts Nov 11 2019