CLOSE
31 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by ramsman34
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3404  
United States of America   Enemy Territory - Seattle
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Rams are playing a whole different brand of money ball lately: Peters, Cooks, Fowler and now Ramsey, we just don't value picks or 4-5 year rookie contracts.

It has been working...

Well, has it? Peters didn’t live up to the hype. Talib can’t stay on the field and is in serious decline, and the capital spent on the o line has been incomplete to bust with the exception of Whit - he has dropped off as well. And THAT is a major problem. However, Cooks is good, But not great and Rams have killed it in middle and late rounds at some positions. Ramsey clearly better Than Peters. Oh and his name is RAMSey!! So there’s that. I have asked if Ramsey makes the difference in the Bucs and Hawks games? Maybe he does and we are 5-1. Would he have changed the niner outcome? Possibly. But again, the D really only gave up 13 if you take away the short field TD. Not punching it in from the 1 on consecutive plays? Back to what we don’t have on the o line.

Unless, the Rams just simply see that differently based on field grades, and they must, the o line will be a shitshow all season. We might be able to outscore most teams. But teams with D like the whiners will beat us. 90% of the time me thinks.

Hard to win it all that way. Maybe they know that too and are trying to be in the conversation while developing for the following next few seasons???

by Dick84
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4508  
Italy   LA Coliseum
Superstar

safer wrote:I think part of the math here is that we decided we'd rather have Ramsey than Fowler, longterm, because we have more young talent at olber AND Fowler has not proven himself to be elite.

I have a hard time seeing them part ways with Fowler.
I see Littleton gone, and maybe even Johnson.
That is unless we see something big out of Patrick or OBO, which seems doubtful.

by Mr. Sparkle
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   293  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Rookie

I always thought it would be fun for a GM to come in and say to the owner, "Hey, I'm going to auction off as many picks for 1st round picks as I can and not use them. Ill hang on to them and keep them spinning. But give me 3 or 4 years. After that, you don't like what you see, you can fire me but you will have like 6 first round picks as a consolation prize!"
But then again, I haven't managed even a little league team.

by phoenixrising
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   640  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

Hacksaw wrote:Littleton is very talented. I think he could stick.

It probably wouldn't cost a lot to franchise him at that position.

by dieterbrock
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   10753  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

phoenixrising wrote:It probably wouldn't cost a lot to franchise him at that position.

Linebacker was around 15 mill for the 1 year tag

by phoenixrising
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   640  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

dieterbrock wrote:Linebacker was around 15 mill for the 1 year tag

So I take it they don't distinguish between ILB and OLB? I stand corrected.

• 3 / 4
31 posts Nov 11 2019