87 posts
  • 4 / 9
 by SWAdude
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

scramsfan wrote:Like the player but not the price. Two 1st round picks is too high IMHO. Glad that Peters is gone. Yes they made a mistake. Good too see that they had the stones too correct it and move on. Big upgrade there. I always thought that Wade preferred corners who could play straight man coverage anyway. Peters obviously was not the right one.

Yes there are other greater oline needs. But that doesn’t mean that you don’t address a lesser need when you have the chance. I hope that we don’t regret them letting Peterson get away at corner. Someone will have to step up to play the other side. Let’s see what else is in the Snead bag of tricks.

Coming out of the dark for this big Rams day.

This guy can NOW be a number one pick in the first round.

This is slam dunk for us today.

Slowly backing out...........

GO RAMS!!!

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

The Good:
It great that we now have Ramsey Island locking down half the field. 8-)
We got rid of my LEAST FAVORITE RAM, MUCUS PETERS!!! :!2: :arrow2: :P

The Bad:
TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS??!!! FOR A CB??? OUCH!!! :(
I sure hope Jalen Ramsey is uber-durable.....ya know, like Jared CrashTestDummy Goff and his titanium bone structure!!! :idea2:

Overall I like the Ramsey move, even if the price was a tad steep (clearly Snead is allergic to First Round Picks eh!!! :lol2: Overall it does show that the Rams Braintrust is working overtime to try to get us into the 2019 Playoffs this year, despite obvious team personnel shortcomings. :idea2:

by BobCarl
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
Superstar

CanuckRightWinger wrote:We got rid of my LEAST FAVORITE RAM, MUCUS PETERS!!! :!2: :arrow2: :P
we got rid of a player that can't play man-to-man for one that is the best man-to-man corner in the business.

Overall I like the Ramsey move, even if the price was a tad steep (clearly Snead is allergic to First Round Picks eh!!! :lol2:
In Snead's favor ... 1st round picks aren't as valuable as they used to be.

Defenses and offenses are much more complicated now days and pre-season time keeps getting reduced. Not as much field time, not as much time in pads, not as much team time in the pre-season film room.

It is harder and harder to find a low-first-round pick that step on the field and be an all-pro in his first season.

And ... And ... And ... there has to be some value for making sure that Ramsey didn't end up on the Seahawks, Cardinals, 9ers, or any other NFC team. Now that would really suck.

by fletch59
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   114  
Practice Squad

Welcome JRAM! YES we got him and no one else did! Win win!

by PARAM
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Two first round picks too much?

Here are the name of the guys we took in the first round the last 3 years:

2017 _____________
2018 _____________
2019 _____________

......and those 3 picks helped us go 27-11 those 3 years (so far).

Snead has changed the landscape of the NFL and shown the value of first round picks isn't what it used to be. High signing bonuses, high salaries and high salary demands towards the end of the rookie deal. And that's if they work out the way they're projected to work out. Better to trade those picks for somebody who is an established talent. Though you still get the high salaries, demands and bonuses, at least they're for a guy you know can play.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

by Haden
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2132  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

St. Loser Fan wrote:

That was funny!!!! Good one!!!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

by Haden
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2132  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

This guy seems t be a real jack off too. I hope Wade can contain him.

by Elvis
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

ramsfan1977 wrote:Not looking to stir up old shit, but this move never happens in St Louis. None of these moves Cook, Fowler, Ramsey,Peters. Etc. Hollywood, Sofi Stadium and LA make this possible.

I think there's a case to be made that these deals don't happen if the Rams aren't selling SSLs for the new stadium. It will be interesting to see what, if anything, changes in the way the Rams do business once the new stadium is open and they're done with the full court press on sales...

by phoenixrising
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

Elvis wrote:I think there's a case to be made that these deals don't happen if the Rams aren't selling SSLs for the new stadium. It will be interesting to see what, if anything, changes in the way the Rams do business once the new stadium is open and they're done with the full court press on sales...

You really think Stan instructs his staff to get some big name players in? I guess it's possible, but I can't see it. I'm sure Stan has to sign off on a trade of this magnitude though.

• 4 / 9
87 posts Apr 16 2024