CLOSE
43 posts
  • 2 / 5
 by AltiTude Ram
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1353  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

The Canton Repository's Steve Doerschuk links holdout Redskins LT Trent Williams to the Browns.
"Hearing Trent Williams should be on Browns roster quite soon," was the extent of Doerschuk's "report." It's quite possible it's pure conjecture, but Doerschuk is a legitimate reporter. The tanked Redskins holding onto Williams makes zero sense, while he would be a massive addition for the Browns' pathetic offensive line.

by pmill66
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   128  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

Corbett looks like a good pickup. Under contract for the rest of this year and next 2, depth for the OL, has a clear path to start at LG, with Demby struggling. Was a early 2nd round pick when drafted, just did not click in Cleveland.

by snackdaddy
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   5656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I hope no one's expecting this guy to save the day. Cleveland might have the only line worse than ours and we trade for one of their backups? Sure, why not? Its not like we have any first rounders for a legit lineman.

by aeneas1
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   11364  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:

and none of those olinemen played for the browns in 2018 which was arguably the browns' best offensive season in a decade +, while many considered the browns' oline to be one of the best in 2018, go figure.

and now whining about corbett, a 2018 second round pick who apparently couldn't beat out a 6th round journeyman jag acquired in the offseason, a jag who has never been a starter, who is now on his 5th team, who was even with the rams for a cup of coffee in 2015.

by AltiTude Ram
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1353  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Maybe Kromer figures out a way to get something out of a higher draft pick.

He's not doing so well with the scrap.

by CanuckRightWinger
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   896  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Veteran

I was hoping that being picked #33 overall in 2018, the same year Joe Noteboom and Brian Allen were picked in the 3rd and 4th Rounds respectively, that maybe there was some talent to be found with Austin Corbett.....and like I posted in this thread earlier today, Corbett was rated pretty well by Draftscout.com in the run-up to the 2018 NFL Draft. Like I say, I had high hopes.....BUT,

Then I read a piece by Doug Lesmerises, Cleveland.com, where he says things about Austin Corbett like:
-a total classic Dorsey reach
-"one of the worst Browns Draft Pick whiffs of the past 20 years" :shock2:
-they (Cleveland coaches) knew that he couldn't play the first day of Browns training camp :?
-always a healthy scratch
-has played a grand total of less than 20 snaps
-"a failed College Tackle, to now failed NFL Guard"
-"was teased like a high-schooler at Browns Training Camp" :roll2:

….and it gets worse!!! :o

Here are the 5 worst-ever Browns Draft Picks according to this Doug Lesmerises guy....
5th Worst Ever...Johnny Manziel, QB, 2014 Draft, #22 overall...only 5th Worst? :shock2: :arrow2: :o
4th Worst Ever...Justin Gilbert, CB, 2014 Draft, #08 overall
3rd Worst Ever...Brian Robiskie, WR, 2009 Draft, #36 overall
2nd Worst Ever...Brady Quinn, QB, 2007 Draft, #22 overall
WORST EVER BROWNS PICK...AUSTIN CORBETT, OL, 2018 DRAFT, #33 OVERALL :shock2: :arrow2: :?
…..and NO, I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP!!!
...frankly I wish I was making it up, and Corbett was being praised by the Browns Faithful lamenting his loss!

Like SoCalRam78 opined, this Corbett pickup is for the KromerCanWalkOnWater Crowd!!! :idea2: After reading the above cited Cleveland reporter's summation above, I find myself in early agreement with SoCalRam78!! :!2:

Maybe this is deja vu all over again a la Alabama OC Rams 2013 Draftee Barrett Jones, who got cut in 2015, spent time in Pittsburgh, then Chicago, then in 2016 get cut by the Eagles and is out of football. :?
To be fair, Jones had Lisfranc Injury which hobbled him early in the NFL, but he played for #1 Bama and won all the OLineman Awards including that Hitchcock Belt for best NCAA Offensive Center IIRC.....and that Jones guy was a bust.
Not sure why we spent a 5th Rounder on another project guy from Wattsamatta U in Nevada, and a second-tier program???? :? :arrow2: :roll2:
What??? Does Coach Kromer have time on his hands to tutor another basketcase??? :?2:

by dieterbrock
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   10753  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

I’m surely not a fan of this move, frankly I’m ambivalent for the most part. But what I would say is that I’ll judge the player on how he performs in a Rams uniform, surely not on his Cleveland Browns career.
This is the Browns we are talking about here. It’s entirely possible they would draft a 5th round talent in the near 1st round, they are Cleveland after all.
But on the other hand, as inept as they are it wouldn’t surprise me to find that they traded a near first round talent for a 5th round pick

by Dick84
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4510  
Italy   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Look.. there’s only so much out there teams are going to part with. Sure, you could’ve gone after Trent Williams.. he’s 31 and really good & Ramsey is 24 and a superstar.
Corbett seems like a guy they could possibly get something out of. I mean.. he only has to be better than Demby, ultimately.

by Haden
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1137  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
Pro Bowl

Dumby is not even practice squad quality

by snackdaddy
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   5656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

So we gave up a 5th round pick for a guy who's considered a project. If we held onto that pick and grabbed a lineman, I would think a guy drafted around 150th would likely be a project too. At least this guy was once considered to be talented enough for a top 40 pick. Nothing to lose from where I'm sitting.

• 2 / 5
43 posts Nov 11 2019