428 posts
  • 15 / 43
 by ramsfan1977
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

With the bad OL play teams are getting pressure and the Dbacks are playing up and negating our short passes. We need to take more shots with double moves and take our chances. Like the double move Sherman bit on Everett was open, Goff needs to hit that pass. More shots down field, no dink and dunk.

by ramsman34
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8525  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Dick84 wrote:One thing is clear to me, Jared is more dependent on his Oline than a lot of other QBs. *More*.
But his performance when the line is good is good enough for me. Just shows where resources need to be focused.
I believed in their plan for the Oline. That turned out to be wrong.

I don’t know if more that “a lot” of other QBs. But, sure. Also, he hasn’t enough experience to speed up his reaction time under duress. That “should” improve.

I so hope the get the line personnel and subsequently the play design/calling figured out as fast as possible.

I simply can’t watch the whiners dominate this division for years to come. It was bad enough watching f the shesquats do it.

When the fuck is it our turn? And, for more than 2 damn seasons please.

by ramsfan1977
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

I like my Goff!

by aeneas1
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:One thing is clear to me, Jared is more dependent on his Oline than a lot of other QBs.

agree, but he has to be more dependent on pass pro, because the rams run a lot of long developing routes compared to other teams, a good example is their long developing intermediate to deep crossing routes that has been their bread and butter since mcvay has arrived, coupled with mcvay's hi lo concepts and the absence of underneath dumpoff options, a lot of which is dependent on the extra time play-action buys.

by AvengerRam
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:agree, but he has to be more dependent on pass pro, because the rams run a lot of long developing routes compared to other teams, a good example is their long developing intermediate to deep crossing routes that has been their bread and butter since mcvay has arrived, coupled with mcvay's hi lo concepts and the absence of underneath dumpoff options, a lot of which is dependent on the extra time play-action buys.

So what you’re saying is... sometimes it’s tough being a “system QB.”

by moklerman
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Jared Couch was 22/41 (53%) 243 yards and 3 turnovers for a 51.1 rating. Rams offense 3 points, Rams defense, 9 points. HORRIFIC showing by the Rams QB and offense coming off of a bye. Playoff chances virtually gone.

by snackdaddy
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I can't disagree about Goff any more. He has been bad. He's not seeing what he should be seeing. It seems like he's winding up his throws and taking twice as long to release than most QB's. That results in more time for defenders to knock the ball loose.

Defenses have figured out his weaknesses and he's not adapting. They've also figured out McVay's weaknesses and he's not adapting either. Of course, a terrible line has a lot to do with it too. It all adds up to 3 offensive points today. And most likely missing out on the playoffs.

I'd say we're still in it, but not with this particular version of the offense. They won't win 3 more games much less 5 or 6 if they can't drastically improve.

But I'm certainly would not bump older threads to gloat. That would make it look like I'm enjoying his failures. Any Rams failures I cannot take joy in.

by aeneas1
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

yeah, goff has certainly looked bad at times this season, including today, but the rams offense, from top to bottom, has simply looked lost and confused, in fact it also looks slow and soft, it looks like a finesse offense that's been figured out and is now getting bullied by physical defenses.

by Haden
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

Goff sucks bad. Could Bortles be any worse????? Absolutely putrid

by bremillard
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   625  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Goff needs a lot of time, clean passing lanes and wide open receivers. He got that for a while and he flourished. Then...Gurley became a shadow of what he used to be and defensive coordinators started putting lots of pressure on Goff. Now he not only misses throws but he has become a turnover machine. With this basic "O" unit the Rams are mediocre at best. 8-8 will not make the playoffs and they are mortgaged to the hilt. Not looking good for the present or the future.

• 15 / 43
428 posts Apr 19 2024