CLOSE
413 posts
  • 30 / 42
 by /zn/
1 month ago
 Total posts:   4630  
United States of America   Maine
Superstar

This season is not going as planned and it looks like they are shifting some things as they go (on both O and D).

It could be that they peak later.

Meanwhile, I have to say, even with the mistakes that came from being heavily pressured, Goff has never looked better. This time it's under much tougher conditions than in last year's Vikes and Chiefs games. In those games they had the defenses figured out, Gurley played whole games and was at full speed, and the OL was still intact. Now the defenses are presenting challenges, Gurley is not an all game back, and the OL is a work in progress. I am impressed by Goff looking good under THESE conditions. It bodes really well for the future, when everything else gets better squared away.

by rather
1 month ago
 Total posts:   291  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Whatever

Take what I said and twist it however you want. If the Rams had managed a 51-48 OT and 32-30 win in the last two games and sitting and 5-0, I would still have the same concerns about the direction they were headed and coaching. And you would all still be behaving like asses about it. About done with this board and its inability to critically think.

by PARAM
1 month ago
 Total posts:   3906  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Superstar

rather wrote:About done with this board and its inability to critically think.

A lot of fans think critically of this team this year. The defense was horrible in the Tampa game. The offense was horrible in the Carolina game. And that's been expressed by many. But think of it this way......there's not a lot of desire to criticize the team when ass clowns like you troll the board for reactions. About done? Can't wait till you've bailed completely. Then we can go back to directing criticism at the few areas that are warranted and discussing those criticisms with logically thinking fans.

by AvengerRam
1 month ago
 Total posts:   3339  
Israel   Longwood, FL
RFU Fantasy Football Champ

rather wrote:Whatever

Take what I said and twist it however you want. If the Rams had managed a 51-48 OT and 32-30 win in the last two games and sitting and 5-0, I would still have the same concerns about the direction they were headed and coaching. And you would all still be behaving like asses about it. About done with this board and its inability to critically think.

Okay, then...buh-bye!

by azramsfan93
1 month ago
 Total posts:   544  
United States of America   Arizona
Veteran

rather wrote:Wow! I really hope you are right! Spoiler alert: you're not

How do you know?

The answer is, of course, you don’t. So that makes this post trolling. You are a troll.

by azramsfan93
1 month ago
 Total posts:   544  
United States of America   Arizona
Veteran

rather wrote:Whatever

Please go away troll.

by aeneas1
1 month ago
 Total posts:   11441  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

rather wrote:About done with this board and its inability to critically think.

why is it that the conspiracy ilk always goes to the "critical thinking" well, they love to use the term, it's so ironic that it would make for a fun bumper sticker.

by dieterbrock
1 month ago
 Total posts:   10846  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:why is it that the conspiracy ilk always goes to the "critical thinking" well, they love to use the term, it's so ironic that it would make for a fun bumper sticker.

Yes our little delicate flower is upset because he doesn’t understand the difference between his incoherent rants and “critical thinking”
Don’t worry though, he won’t go anywhere because this is seriously the most tolerant board there is, and that bullshit won’t fly anywhere else

by rather
1 month ago
 Total posts:   291  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Yep.

I know this has become a very personal debate for many of you, but I'm satisfied knowing that in your heart of hearts you are telling yourself, "Rather was actually pretty prescient about this."

Continue to watch this space for what to expect in the weeks ahead. For example, I expect Atlanta and Cincinnati to be solid get-well pills for the Rams. Now that expectations have plummeted and the spotlight has disappeared, they have a very good shot at 5-3.

One thing I know about my Rams is that the spotlight is absolute kyptonite to them. When the games don't matter and no one is paying attention, they play their best.

Check back here for my confirm of my own rightness.

by AvengerRam
1 month ago
 Total posts:   3339  
Israel   Longwood, FL
RFU Fantasy Football Champ

rather wrote:I know this has become a very personal debate for many of you, but I'm satisfied knowing that in your heart of hearts you are telling yourself, "Rather was actually pretty prescient about this."

Nope.

Let me explain this to you with an analogy...

Let's say that Sean McVay was a chef. In 2017-2018, he was tasked with making a meal with USDA Choice Angus Sirloin, fresh redskin potatoes, organic haricots verts, a fully stocked pantry of spices, and a professional grade kitchen. He produced a fantastic meal, worthy of multiple Michelin stars.

In 2019, he found that the price of steak and organic vegetables had increased, so he had to skimp a bit on some of the ingredients. The pantry was depleted, and the kitchen had some technical issues. He produced a meal anyway, and it was decent, but not up to the previous standards.

McVay didn't plateau as a chef.

(In other words, as someone recently noted.... its the offensive line, stupid.)

• 30 / 42
413 posts Nov 20 2019