37 posts
  • 2 / 4
 by ramsman34
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8522  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Knew that would be the case with Boom. Agree that Talib is done as a Ram. Worried about JJ. Brown, if hampered gives more carries to DH.

Overall, this season is fast becoming a bit of a nightmare. Snead has work to do in the offseason.

Long, Edwards and Evans, come on down, you’re the next contestants on Next Man Up

by AltiTude Ram
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2178  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

I'm not sure it was Talib's last game in a Rams uniform.

He will back for hopefully what is a playoff run at the end of the season.

The oline is what concerns me most. They were already out of sinc with 2 new starters and now they have to dig a little deeper into a thin depth chart.

They have some safeties and cornerbacks to fill in for Talib and Johnson.

At least the schedule seems to be getting easier for the next few weeks.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Rams run off 5 wins in a row and put them in a good position for the division and/or wildcard.

by snackdaddy
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

AltiTude Ram wrote:I'm not sure it was Talib's last game in a Rams uniform.

He will back for hopefully what is a playoff run at the end of the season.

The oline is what concerns me most. They were already out of sinc with 2 new starters and now they have to dig a little deeper into a thin depth chart.

They have some safeties and cornerbacks to fill in for Talib and Johnson.

At least the schedule seems to be getting easier for the next few weeks.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Rams run off 5 wins in a row and put them in a good position for the division and/or wildcard.

Well, I'm glad to see someone is optimistic. I wish I could share in that optimism. I'm thinking about what they can do to avoid these problems next year. A down year won't cost McVay his job. But it will be interesting to see how he and Snead respond to a year where they were nowhere near the expectations. McVay will be feeling heat he hasn't experienced before.

They made some trades and moves the past couple offseasons. Picked up some high profile vets. Put all their eggs in this basket and it isn't working. People thought it would catch up to them at sooner or later. If things don't change it will be sooner.

Next offseason I think they need to focus more on the future. That stadium is going nowhere. One thing they don't need is a stretch of several years of losing seasons. We don't want to be back to the SOSAR. I can live with a down season as long as I know we will bounce back.

by rams74
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

snackdaddy wrote:Well, I'm glad to see someone is optimistic. I wish I could share in that optimism. I'm thinking about what they can do to avoid these problems next year. A down year won't cost McVay his job. But it will be interesting to see how he and Snead respond to a year where they were nowhere near the expectations. McVay will be feeling heat he hasn't experienced before.

They made some trades and moves the past couple offseasons. Picked up some high profile vets. Put all their eggs in this basket and it isn't working. People thought it would catch up to them at sooner or later. If things don't change it will be sooner.

Next offseason I think they need to focus more on the future. That stadium is going nowhere. One thing they don't need is a stretch of several years of losing seasons. We don't want to be back to the SOSAR. I can live with a down season as long as I know we will bounce back.

If a down year is 10-6, then yes, I can live with a down year. That's what I would like a "down year" to look like.

Not that I've written this year off quite yet, but it is starting to look like a tough season.

by snackdaddy
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

rams74 wrote:If a down year is 10-6, then yes, I can live with a down year. That's what I would like a "down year" to look like.

Not that I've written this year off quite yet, but it is starting to look like a tough season.

At this point I would take 10-6 in a heartbeat. Because at the moment, they do not look like a 10 win team. 7-3 over the final ten games will be hard to achieve.

by rams74
4 years 6 months ago
Pro Bowl

snackdaddy wrote:At this point I would take 10-6 in a heartbeat. Because at the moment, they do not look like a 10 win team. 7-3 over the final ten games will be hard to achieve.

No, they don't look like a 10-win team, do they? I'm trying to stay optimistic, given that it's still only mid-October, and knowing that a lot can change yet. If we could get to 5-3 by the break, that would maybe get us going in the right direction, at least.

by ramsman34
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8522  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Dick84 wrote:They look bad.
Two of their losses are to teams with a combined one loss.
I’m hoping for 10-6.

And doesn’t that feel like absolutely fan-blinded and wishful thinking? Damn have we fallen off the cliff. Ugh. If they can beat the Falcons and then get to 5-3, I will be blown away and much more hopeful.

by Elvis
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38448  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

https://www.therams.com/news/sean-mcvay ... cumstances

Sean McVay refuses to let injuries define Rams circumstances: "We're certainly not going to make any excuses"

Stu Jackson
STAFF WRITER

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Down a starting left guard for the rest of the year, a starting cornerback indefinitely and potentially a starting safety, head coach Sean McVay won't let the Rams' current circumstances dictate their performance the remainder of the season.

"It's been unfortunate, but it is something that a lot of teams have to deal with," McVay said. "We're certainly not going to make any excuses."

The number of setbacks announced Monday included three starters.

LG Joe Noteboom was ruled out for the season with a torn ACL and MCL sustained in the Rams' Week 6 loss to the 49ers. CB Aqib Talib's rib injury against the Seahawks in Week 5 that forced him to miss the 49ers game turned out to be fractured ribs which will sideline him indefinitely. Safety John Johnson III is getting a second opinion Tuesday on the shoulder injury he sustained against the 49ers before a determination is made on his availability, according to McVay.

While outside speculation will suggest various moves for the Rams to find some of those replacements immediately prior to the NFL's Oct. 29 trade deadline, McVay is confident in the options Los Angeles has on its current roster.

Jamil Demby and rookie David Edwards are candidates to replacement Noteboom, while fourth-year veteran Troy Hill will continue to start in place of Talib. Another fourth-year vet, Marqui Christian, would step in for Johnson should he end up missing an extended amount of time.

"Those are things that (GM) Les (Snead) and I would discuss," said McVay, when asked if the injuries at offensive line and cornerback will make the Rams more aggressive than they would've been with the deadline approaching. "Really, if we felt like it was somebody that in the short-term, but then also you have a long-term perspective on, would help us, those are things that we're always looking into. (Les) does a great job of having a pulse for the entirety of the league and guys that might be available.

"But when I say that, I don't think we're looking outside to fill that void immediately. We're looking, really, potentially outside for guys that would come in and bring maybe veteran depth, not come in and play."

Rams OL Joe Noteboom out for year, CB Aqib Talib placed on injured reserve
Eric Weddle and Robert Woods know what it takes for Rams to get out of current skid

Facing a three-game losing streak for the first time in the McVay era, L.A. will count on both new and familiar faces for the foreseeable future to end its current skid.

What it won't do is use the absence of who those faces are replacing to justify how the rest of 2019 plays out.

"No one's feeling sorry for us," McVay said. "We feel sorry for the players that have to miss time, but in the meantime, we've got to be ready to go and we can't let it be something that sets us back."

by rams74
4 years 6 months ago
Pro Bowl

Dick84 wrote:It does a little.
Yeah.. if they lose to Atl, 10-6 will be a pipe dream.

If they lose to Atlanta, all bets are off. We'll be in full-blown crisis mode -- a lost season. I'm not prepared to deal with that in October, so I'm going to go into denial right now and avoid the rush.

We'll be fine. In McVay we trust. See? I'm good.

• 2 / 4
37 posts Apr 18 2024