10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by AvengerRam
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

... and play great football?

I mean, AND PLAY GREAT FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!

That's got to be the attitude. Its time to rally the troops, circle the wagons, and fight through adversity.

Part of doing so is attitude. Playing with fire and intensity makes a difference. That's on the players.

But it also means finding ways to play to our strengths and protect the weaker links. That's on the coaching staff.

This season isn't over yet.

I'm frustrated and disappointed... but I'm still here.

by snackdaddy
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I'm sure we're all going to be here win or lose. But our enthusiasm has definitely been tapered. I'd feel more confident if I thought they played well before the rash of injuries. But quite frankly, they were not playing that good before these guys got hurt. Now we're relying on guys who were behind them on the depth chart. Not exactly a recipe for success.

by ramsfan1977
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

I am with you but this team has 8-8 written all over it. We paid our skill players + Donald and rightfully so. However, we are leaking in the middle of our line and with the pressure coming in Goff's face every game he does not have a chance. Our WR's cannot get into their routes before he is pressured and has to check down. This line needs to be rebuilt. LG,C,RG!

by ramsman34
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8515  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Dick84 wrote:I’m really fascinated to see if Edwards jumps past Demby this week and if they can find outside help.
If they manage to get Trent Williams.. do you put him at guard? Or flip Whitworth to RT and Hav to guard?

Same. Posted these thoughts in Other threads.
Even with the losses of Talib, Mathews, and JJ - if we could somehow miraculously fix the o line, this team could win 11 games. Oh, the humanity.

by SoCalRam78
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1086  
United States of America   SoCal
Pro Bowl

Ebukam is garbage and Demby should be sweeping floors. But because our FO decided to spend lavishly and foolishly and haven't had a first round pick since 2016, we have these ass players on the roster. Ebukam literally has had one good game in 3 years.

Also, can people stop mentioning Trent Williams. Rams need every cap dollar and draft pick for next year, not burning it on a holdout 31 year old LT to salvage a season going nowhere.

by ramsfan1977
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
Pro Bowl

SoCalRam78 wrote:Ebukam is garbage and Demby should be sweeping floors. But because our FO decided to spend lavishly and foolishly and haven't had a first round pick since 2016, we have these ass players on the roster. Ebukam literally has had one good game in 3 years.

Also, can people stop mentioning Trent Williams. Rams need every cap dollar and draft pick for next year, not burning it on a holdout 31 year old LT to salvage a season going nowhere.

Fowler is garbage as well. At least Quinn would jump offsides 3 times a game but have 2 sacks.

by R4L
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

SoCalRam78 wrote:Ebukam is garbage and Demby should be sweeping floors. But because our FO decided to spend lavishly and foolishly and haven't had a first round pick since 2016, we have these ass players on the roster. Ebukam literally has had one good game in 3 years.

Agreed completely. Great post

by SoCalRam78
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1086  
United States of America   SoCal
Pro Bowl

Dick84 wrote:Ebukam isn’t trash, he’s just not a difference maker, especially rushing the passer.

It’s not only about first round picks... it’s about what you do up and down the draft. Between the last two drafts, they should have had two good starters. We’ll find out about Edwards soon.
Hav & Whit have fallen off a cliff. You just can’t plan on that.
I think the failure is at least as much on the individuals they picked as how high they were drafted.
That being said, it’s certainly fair to question whether they should’ve drafted Oline higher this year, though.

Disagree, lot of people bought into the bs of coach em up, we'll be fine nonsense. There's a reason Boom and Allen weren't big time prospects. Big time prospects don't get picked into the middle to later rounds. You can't expect two quality starters on a playoff team just because you picked mid round lineman. You're going to gets busts early, sure, Ram fans know all about that. Going to get some mid round gems, sure we got Kupp and JJ. But you can't just hope and pray to develop linemen in both trenches deep in the draft so you can spend all your money on Donald and skill guys on offense. Edwards is the next guy up, but we don't know. Just a developmental guy. Also Whitworth is 200 years old and Blythe and Hav are mediocre at best. The entire line will have to be rebuilt. The backups like Demby are a joke.

But again, Rams knew this. They traded a bunch of picks for Goff, who basically can only perform well when his pocket is perfect. They used a ton of cap space on a few guys making it a very top heavy roster. A boom or bust roster is not how to consistently win. New England never does this.

And Ebukam is terrible. If you think he's a passable player, not sure what to tell you. He very well will be out of the league next year.

by dieterbrock
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
Hall of Fame

SoCalRam78 wrote:A boom or bust roster is not how to consistently win. New England never does this.

Not sure New England is a good example. They haven't drafted well at all and have made gold out of cheap veterans

And by the way, Saffold has been a bust in Tennessee.

I think the culprit here is Kromer. He was handed a line with Whitworth, Saffold & Sullivan, which was pretty solid. Yes, the league has been catching on to the McVay gameplan, but the oline has gotten worse over time as well, most notably late in the season when Whitworth would be low on gas. Now Ole White started the season low on gas and the line sucks. We all used to rag on Paul Boudreau but he at least made the most of some awful players, most notably in 2013 when the Jake Long experiment lasted a minute and he pieced together a line with trash like Barksdale, Shelley Smith and Harvey Dahl.

Maybe Kromer is just good at beating up teenagers, not players

• 1 / 1
10 posts Apr 15 2024