9 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by ramsrams
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1176  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

Oops.

Maybe he will be a good fumbler recoverer in future.

He’s killing an already not quite ready for prime time OL right now.

Gets bull rushed as good as Sully, but Sully was old.

Center is such an underrated position. Kinda all starts there.

Next.

by JackPMiller
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

ramsrams wrote:Oops.

Maybe he will be a good fumbler recoverer in future.

He’s killing an already not quite ready for prime time OL right now.

Gets bull rushed as good as Sully, but Sully was old.

Center is such an underrated position. Kinda all starts there.

Next.

Allen is young & has to learn. We only drafted this kid last year. Both McVay & Snead knew he would struggle this season, do to it is basically his first year starting. So they have to let Allen learn the speed of the game. Plus, it is a different learning experience than playing at Michigan State. Allen will be a lot better next year.

by ramsrams
4 years 6 months ago
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

Hear ya Jack.

But when I heard he wrestled at Michigan State, I had no idea he would use those skills on the snap count in the NFL.

by R4L
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

JackPMiller wrote:Allen is young & has to learn. We only drafted this kid last year. Both McVay & Snead knew he would struggle this season, do to it is basically his first year starting. So they have to let Allen learn the speed of the game. Plus, it is a different learning experience than playing at Michigan State. Allen will be a lot better next year.

On the bench? Because if the Rams don't get someone better, next season will be no different. He's just to small

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

The Mississauga Sage, ramsrams, is channelling a former Rams Center, who on December 27th. 2015, enabled Los Ramos to secure their first victory in Seattle in 11 seasons.....ie. from our 3 wins in Seattle under Mike Martz in 2004, till the the 2nd last regular season game of the 2015 season......well, that's a fook of a long drought eh!!??? :idea2: :arrow2: :?

But on that blessed day in damp and dreary Seattle, Akeem Ayers did his Gale Sayers impersonation returning a Seahawks fumble 45 yards for a Rams TD, Case AngelHairPastaArm Keenum lofted a perfect 28 yard pass into the Shytehawks EndZone and into Kenny Britt's waiting arms as a flatfooted (and 100% fooled) Richard Sherman could only be seen grinding & gnashing his teeth.

The nail in the coffin from Los Ramos was the 4th Quarter drive where Todd Gurley smashed through several Seahawks into the End Zone, and broke Seattle's back......HOWEVER THAT DRIVE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT THE HEROICS OF ONE TIM BARNES, OUR OC, WHO RECOVERED NOT ONLY TODD GURLEY'S FUMBLE NEAR THE END OF THE DRIVE, BUT ALSO BENNY CUNNINGHAM'S WHIFF EARLIER IN THAT SAME GAME-WINNING DRIVE.

Tim Barnes was given a GameBall by Coach Fisher in the LockerRoom following that game. Barnes was a smallish feisty undrafted OC, who worked his tail off.....and unlike Brian Allen yesterday, Barnes did not give up a sack that damp Sunday in Seattle in late 2015.

BTW, I was at that bitter snot-bubble popping game.....Rams had 205 yards of Total Offense (103 passing//102 rushing) in their win :shock2: as Johnny Hekker punted 6 times,
but our ToughAsNails D inflicted quite the body count on Seattle and we also had a 3-0 Turnover advantage in that AlleyFight Of A Game.

Best Moments For Me That Day?
1. During Pregame WarmUps, at the Rams Tunnel, where all Los Ramos Faithful gathered there was this fat Seattle loudmouth fooker just screaming shyte at our players and coaches from the other side of the tunnel.....and nothing witty, just dumb lowbrow crap. We were all kind of just enduring it, but I'd finally had enough......so I yelled as loud as I could.....
"Hey shytehead…..you need to get to your car man.....the Hospital just phoned....they found a donor for your charisma transplant!!!" Well, all of the Rams faithful, I dunno 100 or so, broke out into laughter....and it threw this Seattle Heckler guy for a loop. He recovered and was still flinging his hooey a few minutes later......but a lot less enthusiastically and with much less volume. :P

2. Normally Football games in Seattle have the decibel level set somewhere between INTENSE PAID THRESHOLD and BURST EARDRUMS.....with the actual Seattle people :roll2: acting-out like they're at a 1930's rally in Nuremburg :?
.....but on that Blessed Day??? With their beloved Seahawks bloodied and stunned. trailing 16-3 at the Half......wudda been a shutout but Steven Hauschka hit a FG with a few seconds left.....CenturyLink Field was a fooking tomb of silence. Went to get a beer at HalfTime in my Rams Regalia.....and not one word of trashtalk, disrespect, or malice from the Puget Sound crowd.....just a lot of subdued murmur. 8-)

3. Finally, back at Los Ramos tunnel at games end......screaming congrats and accolades to the Rams players......I noticed James Laurinaitis, who I must admit, was never my most favorite Ram......but I noticed him coming off the field, first Rams win in Seattle in 11 seasons.....and clearly HIS first win there.....and he was weeping. :idea2:

I liked (and respected) JL a lot more after that day.

Bottomline: Without the fiesty efforts of Undrafted undersized Timmy Barnes that day?.....maybe no 23-17 Los Ramos victory that day eh!!

Fisher's team had a chance the next (&final) week in 2015 to have a winning season, but a blocked FG in SF (we stayed on the WestCoast that week in Napa for those who may recall) the blocked FG scuttled our chances to get above .500 for the first time in the Fisher era.

I took pleasure and pride from that Rams win in Seattle in 2015, even though Los Ramos were NOT Playoff-bound, once again, that season. The OP from ramsrams reminds me that 2019 might be another one of those years.....y'know, taking pride from some great team efforts and some stunning upsets.....
….but all the while knowing that overall, our team is not really relevant in the big NFL Playoff Picture. :? :arrow2: :(

by ramsrams
4 years 6 months ago
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

Canuck, remember when the Rams drafted Allen?

We were on the phone.

I said “ He’s small, but at least he’s slow”.

I was hoping that was a funny.

by snackdaddy
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Guys like Allen and Gaines reminds me of the classic overachievers. Not athletically gifted when it comes to size or speed, but hard workers. Gets them by in college but the NFL is a different animal. Everyone is athletically gifted. If you're not it can be really tough.

by JackPMiller
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

R4L wrote:On the bench? Because if the Rams don't get someone better, next season will be no different. He's just to small

He is not, compared to other NFL Centers. Jason Kelse(Eagles), Mitch Morse(Bills), Weston Richberg(49ers), Austin Reiter(Cheifs), Nick Martin(Texans), Corey Lindsey are starters at Center for their respective teams, & are smaller than Allen. Nick Skura(Ravens) & Connor McGovern(Broncos) are the same size as Allen.

by ramsfan1977
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

JackPMiller wrote:He is not, compared to other NFL Centers. Jason Kelse(Eagles), Mitch Morse(Bills), Weston Richberg(49ers), Austin Reiter(Cheifs), Nick Martin(Texans), Corey Lindsey are starters at Center for their respective teams, & are smaller than Allen. Nick Skura(Ravens) & Connor McGovern(Broncos) are the same size as Allen.

The 2 dive plays to Brown on 3rd and 4th down sealed it for me. Allen gets no push and that is not something that he will get better with over time. Not big enough.

• 1 / 1
9 posts Apr 15 2024