29 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by Rams1PlateSince1976
6 days ago
 Total posts:   1226  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

You are ignoring the many positives of Natson being on the roster:

- Being the smallest guy on the squad he eats less making for a significant savings at the dining table.
- It is easy to double room him at training camp, once again due to his slight stature.
- If we ever need to drop a punt about 20 yards out he would be the perfect guy for that as that is as far as he can kick it.
- Did I mention that he eats less?

by Neil039
6 days ago
 Total posts:   2380  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Let’s not lose @CanuckRightWinger point about the “3rd” round pick just sitting on the bench. Wouldn’t the Rams have benefited more by drafting a CENTER or Linemen who could play now??? JMO

by snackdaddy
6 days ago
 Total posts:   5448  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Jojo's not a terrible punt returner. But being just a punt returner and nothing else, he's not good enough to justify that. I'd rather have a steady guy who won't fumble and knows that a fair catch is the safest play. Just like the kick returners. I'd rather have the ball on the 25 than the rare chance of a long return. More bad things happen than good on those returns. Mainly in the form of penalties.

by Will0120
6 days ago
 Total posts:   927  
Canada   Vancouver, Canada
Commissioner

snackdaddy wrote:Jojo's not a terrible punt returner. But being just a punt returner and nothing else, he's not good enough to justify that. I'd rather have a steady guy who won't fumble and knows that a fair catch is the safest play. Just like the kick returners. I'd rather have the ball on the 25 than the rare chance of a long return. More bad things happen than good on those returns. Mainly in the form of penalties.

Copper Kupp.

by CanuckRightWinger
5 days ago
 Total posts:   822  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Veteran

I keep worrying about Jachai Polite being so exposed on our Practice Squad to 31 other NFL GMs to scoop.

This kid's Florida Gator hi-lite tape is very Robert Quinn-like...ie. with the Gumby ability to sprint around corners with his body at a 45 degree angle.

AND...Polite was drafted in the 3rd Round...
Despite a horrible Combine at Indy, both in his very pedestrian 40 yd dash time, and his crappy interviewing where he was all defensive. Then at his pro day in Gainesville, he comes up lame with a hammy. :roll2: The media had him labelled as a "attitude problem" guy....and we know how those empty-suits in the media like to parrot the same theme over and over....so the kid had some strikes against him already going into that NY Jets asylum!

ME: And despite all that negativity from the Combine, his "attitude", his putting on beef for the Combine, which slowed him down, possibly undersized, yadda, yadda, yadda........THE KID STILL GETS PICKED IN THE 3RD ROUND! :idea2: BTW, DID I MENTION HE WAS ONLY 20 WHEN ALL THIS "BAD STUFF" WENT DOWN??!!
He gets cut at the NY Jets....okay, to me, so fooking what!!!??? We know the Jets are a basketcase NFL Franchise with crappy ownership and leadership.....fired their GM....hired that moron HC Adam PosterboyForEyeSurgery Gase from the Dolphins as Head Coach....so, to me, the Jets stint was just bogus shyte.

Now, IMHO him getting cut so quickly by the Seahawks is more troubling :idea2: :arrow2: :?

....but again, he's a young Florida yokel kid (like Dante Fowler was) , was told he'd be a First Rounder coming out of College, then gets dissed at the Combine and ends up in a rump team's camp in Gotham City as a disappointed 3rd Rounder, in an environment with crappy leadership and culture.
There seem to be very few details coming out of Seattle on how and why they gave up on Polite so quickly.....but here with Los Ramos, with guys like Fowler, Ebukam, Littleton, Mathews mentoring Polite, the penny might finally drop for this 21 year old athletic ER, eh! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

....and wouldn't it be a shame, if all that Ram coaching, teaching and mentoring got Jachai Polite's head finally screwed on properly....ONLY TO HAVE HIM PURLOINED BY SOME SHYTEHEAD LIKE ARIANS IN TAMPA BAY, WHO STILL OWES LES SNEAD FOR SNEAD SCOOPING MARQUIS CHRISTIAN FROM ARIANS WHEN HE GOT SLOPPY AS THE HC OF ARIZONA AND LEAVING MC EXPOSED FOR A DAY!!!

Memo To McSnead: Dump JoJo OneTrickPony! Natson now, and promote Jachai HighCeiling! Polite to the 53-man roster ASAP!!

by SoCalRam78
5 days ago
 Total posts:   982  
United States of America   SoCal
Veteran

CanuckRightWinger wrote:I keep worrying about Jachai Polite being so exposed on our Practice Squad to 31 other NFL GMs to scoop.

This kid's Florida Gator hi-lite tape is very Robert Quinn-like...ie. with the Gumby ability to sprint around corners with his body at a 45 degree angle.

AND...Polite was drafted in the 3rd Round...
Despite a horrible Combine at Indy, both in his very pedestrian 40 yd dash time, and his crappy interviewing where he was all defensive. Then at his pro day in Gainesville, he comes up lame with a hammy. :roll2: The media had him labelled as a "attitude problem" guy....and we know how those empty-suits in the media like to parrot the same theme over and over....so the kid had some strikes against him already going into that NY Jets asylum!

ME: And despite all that negativity from the Combine, his "attitude", his putting on beef for the Combine, which slowed him down, possibly undersized, yadda, yadda, yadda........THE KID STILL GETS PICKED IN THE 3RD ROUND! :idea2: BTW, DID I MENTION HE WAS ONLY 20 WHEN ALL THIS "BAD STUFF" WENT DOWN??!!
He gets cut at the NY Jets....okay, to me, so fooking what!!!??? We know the Jets are a basketcase NFL Franchise with crappy ownership and leadership.....fired their GM....hired that moron HC Adam PosterboyForEyeSurgery Gase from the Dolphins as Head Coach....so, to me, the Jets stint was just bogus shyte.

Now, IMHO him getting cut so quickly by the Seahawks is more troubling :idea2: :arrow2: :?

....but again, he's a young Florida yokel kid (like Dante Fowler was) , was told he'd be a First Rounder coming out of College, then gets dissed at the Combine and ends up in a rump team's camp in Gotham City as a disappointed 3rd Rounder, in an environment with crappy leadership and culture.
There seem to be very few details coming out of Seattle on how and why they gave up on Polite so quickly.....but here with Los Ramos, with guys like Fowler, Ebukam, Littleton, Mathews mentoring Polite, the penny might finally drop for this 21 year old athletic ER, eh! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

....and wouldn't it be a shame, if all that Ram coaching, teaching and mentoring got Jachai Polite's head finally screwed on properly....ONLY TO HAVE HIM PURLOINED BY SOME SHYTEHEAD LIKE ARIANS IN TAMPA BAY, WHO STILL OWES LES SNEAD FOR SNEAD SCOOPING MARQUIS CHRISTIAN FROM ARIANS WHEN HE GOT SLOPPY AS THE HC OF ARIZONA AND LEAVING MC EXPOSED FOR A DAY!!!

Memo To McSnead: Dump JoJo OneTrickPony! Natson now, and promote Jachai HighCeiling! Polite to the 53-man roster ASAP!!

Polite is going to play some with Matthews out. I'm def intrigued. Rams have a dearth of talent IMO on defense because of premature contract extensions and trading a bunch of picks the last few years. Kid certainly has talent as he was projected to be a first rounder.

Also, I agree on Henderson. This was supposed to be a home run pick for us, he hasn't seen the field in 5 games?

by Elvis
5 days ago
 Total posts:   22827  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Rams gonna have to put Polite on the 53 before he can play.

Considering he was cut by the Jets, cleared waivers, and then cut off of Seattle's PS, i don't think teams are clamoring to get in the JP business but if reports start coming out he's doing well as a Ram i suppose that could change...

• 2 / 3
29 posts Oct 15 2019