CLOSE
24 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by aeneas1
6 days ago
 Total posts:   11148  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

AltiTude Ram wrote:Don't shoot the messenger!

Oh and Btw it was DeMarco Farr that said it not J. B. Long. McVay did kind of agree with him in that Wilson had a great game.

ha ha, when i hit submit it ocurred to me that it might come across that way, shooting the messenger, which wasn't my intention!!

Dick84 wrote:Sorry, Aeneas, I disagree with you on the *Russell Wilson* issue. He went nuclear. It happens.

Now.. I saw the Bucs beat the Rams up and down the field consistently without the Rams making adjustments. *That* has me worried for this weekend, because Shanahan will exploit that kind of thing. Arians found his vulnerable spots and Shanny will too. Seahawks didn't scheme the Rams into a loss.. Russell saved them.

seems that rw has a knack for going nuclear on the rams lately, here's what he's done the last 3 times the teams have met, it's a testament to the rams offense that wilson and the seahawks managed just a 1-2 record in the 3 games:

03.png

anyway, i guess i would be more open to a fluke, or a what can you do it happens when you face one of the best, if the rams defense looked formidable more often than not, if it didn't look so pedestrian at best so often, especially against the pass.. honestly, if it weren't for the tremendous effort wade and the guys turned in during last year's postseason i would be writing wade off completely right now, but that stretch gave me hope.

as it stands, every defense wilson has faced this season has done better against him than the rams, they've held him to fewer points and to lower qb ratings, some seemingly want to look at the rams/hags game as an aberration, because wilson was in a zone, but to me the game looked much more like the norm when looking at the the last 3 meetings.

whatever the case, i would love to see wade and the defense return to postseason form, and start by shutting down garoppolo who i think is very overrated... moreover, i'm hoping the rams surprising decent run defense will show up as well, because it will be put to the test.

by Hacksaw
6 days ago
 Total posts:   15551  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Like I've been posting for a while now, my feeling is that Wade LowEnergy Phillips NO LONGER possesses those legendary Defensive GamePlans and adjustment skills, like he did in Denver and before. I mean, the guy is 72. :?

ME: Time to pass the torch Wade! Your PPG allowed numbers are now worse than Jeff APariahNow! Fisher's were as Rams HC and de facto DC. :oops2: True story....look it up! :idea2:

Or Phillip's had a better skill set in Den.

by snackdaddy
6 days ago
 Total posts:   5448  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Seems like Wade tends to wait until the post season to come up with a solid game plan for opponents. This week is like a playoff game for us. Win and we should start righting the ship. Lose, and the season starts to become really tough. And a first round bye starts to look like it ain't gonna happen if we make the playoffs at all.

by Dick84
6 days ago
 Total posts:   4349  
Italy   LA Coliseum
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:ha ha, when i hit submit it ocurred to me that it might come across that way, shooting the messenger, which wasn't my intention!!

seems that rw has a knack for going nuclear on the rams lately, here's what he's done the last 3 times the teams have met, it's a testament to the rams offense that wilson and the seahawks managed just a 1-2 record in the 3 games:

03.png

anyway, i guess i would be more open to a fluke, or a what can you do it happens when you face one of the best, if the rams defense looked formidable more often than not, if it didn't look so pedestrian at best so often, especially against the pass.. honestly, if it weren't for the tremendous effort wade and the guys turned in during last year's postseason i would be writing wade off completely right now, but that stretch gave me hope.

as it stands, every defense wilson has faced this season has done better against him than the rams, they've held him to fewer points and to lower qb ratings, some seemingly want to look at the rams/hags game as an aberration, because wilson was in a zone, but to me the game looked much more like the norm when looking at the the last 3 meetings.

whatever the case, i would love to see wade and the defense return to postseason form, and start by shutting down garoppolo who i think is very overrated... moreover, i'm hoping the rams surprising decent run defense will show up as well, because it will be put to the test.

Fair enough.
The biggest difference between the two is the frequency Jimmy turns it over. Rams have to make that happen.

• 3 / 3
24 posts Oct 15 2019