2887 posts
  • 27 / 289
 by Elvis
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38448  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

max wrote:Did you go to the 32 min mark and listen to what Demoff said?

His EXACT words were “updating colors”

Are you listening to the same podcast? This is ridiculous.

He was talking about the logo. And you're right this is ridiculous.

The logo will have updated colors, it's not gonna be blue and white anymore.

He specifically (a little after 30 minutes) said about the colors "you keep them."

So no they're not updating or changing the colors. That doesn't mean the blue and yellow will be the exact same shade as the current throwbacks.

In fact people who have seen the new colors say the blue is a little more navy and less royal than the current throwbacks. But they all say it's blue/yellow (and white). Demoff says we're keeping the colors of the current throwbacks. Those are the facts.

You say it's important not to mislead people but that's exactly what you're doing here...

by LARams_1963
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1191  
United States of America   North Port, FL
Pro Bowl

ramsfan1977 wrote:I could warm up to this.
Rams Uniform New 2016_zps2rrgupvm.jpg
So is one a home uni and one a throwback? Cause I don't think you can have 2 fully colored jerseys as your main home and away jerseys? I'm OK for the most part with these, except take that logo off the sleeve and put horns.

by Elvis
4 years 6 months ago
Administrator

He definitely said the 70's uniforms are not the answer so no chance (for anyone who was holding out hope) that we'll be playing in our current throwbacks, or anything really close to them.

The weirdest thing he said is they needed NFL approval for the uniform (which is normal) but one aspect to the uniform had never been done/approved before.

I guess that could be anything.

If anyone watched the Demoff CNBC interview about the stadium, he talked a lot about the tech that will be involved, that the stadium will have cameras everywhere you can access via their app on your phone to watch multiple angles and replays. Are they gonna try and put cameras in the unis/helmets for the app, something else completely? No idea...

by Elvis
4 years 6 months ago
Administrator

max wrote:I’ll bet you that the new uniforms are not the same shade of blue and yellow that they are now in the current throwbacks they play in.

That's a lock. Is this really what you meant by new colors, that the blue and yellow won't be the exact same shades as the current throwbacks?

by Hacksaw
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Demoff sort of contradicts himself, but the line about 'kids not warming up to the 70's traditional look' says a change is coming. 😵

Question: Why do they believe kids don't/won't like the current throwbacks? (besides the fingernail shaving on the shoulder of course) And this 'new generation' have never gotten to see the white version,, which is even better looking than the current TB's imo.

If it ain't broke, don't freaking fix it.

by max
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:That's a lock. Is this really what you meant by new colors, that the blue and yellow won't be the exact same shades as the current throwbacks?

Yes. Sorry if we got crossed up.

So much passion, right?

Matte navy blue with a shinier yellow/gold is what I’m guessing.

by Elvis
4 years 6 months ago
Administrator

max wrote:Yes. Sorry if we got crossed up.

So much passion, right?

Matte navy blue with a shinier yellow/gold is what I’m guessing.

If you look at the uniforms from '73 to '99 there were plenty of variation in the exact shade of blue or yellow being used.

But if you're expecting some kind of radical departure, neon electric colors, that's not happening. (though if it did, i wold certainly agree they changed colors, but again, that's not what anyone who has seen the new colors is talking about nor is it what Demoff is saying...)

by Zen_Ronin
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:He definitely said the 70's uniforms are not the answer so no chance (for anyone who was holding out hope) that we'll be playing in our current throwbacks, or anything really close to them.

The weirdest thing he said is they needed NFL approval for the uniform (which is normal) but one aspect to the uniform had never been done/approved before.

I guess that could be anything.

If anyone watched the Demoff CNBC interview about the stadium, he talked a lot about the tech that will be involved, that the stadium will have cameras everywhere you can access via their app on your phone to watch multiple angles and replays. Are they gonna try and put cameras in the unis/helmets for the app, something else completely? No idea...

Personalized QR codes for some kind of interactive experience?

by ramsman34
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8522  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Zen_Ronin wrote:Personalized QR codes for some kind of interactive experience?

3D horns on the helmet. Or, and how cool would this be, inverted helmet color so we would have a blue helmet/yellow stripes, and a yellow helmet/blue stripes.

by Elvis
4 years 6 months ago
Administrator

Oh BTW, and i'm sure everyone gets this but just in case, the Rams are definitely updating and changing their colors. Their primary colors are still the colors they came from St. Louis with. Those are gone.

What we're all talking about are the current throwback colors becoming the new primary colors...

• 27 / 289
2887 posts Apr 18 2024