21 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by SpeedRacer
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   389  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

I don't see it as likely. But this is a Super contending team and should be next year. Kellen Clemons was a gamer too. And gamed plenty of INTs. I'd prefer someone who can read a defense.

I don't think the market for Eli as a starter is going to be strong.

GO Rams!

by moklerman
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Seems to me he'll retire after this season but we'll see...
That is my uninformed guess about it too. I don't think Eli will hang on as a backup just to collect a paycheck. He has nothing to prove and can walk away relatively healthy. It will be interesting to see how the rookie does with the Giants. If he does well, it won't look good for Eli at all. If he struggles, maybe the Giants are just not very good and it isn't all Eli's fault.

by dieterbrock
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

I know I’m in the minority here but I think Manning is much better than he gets credit for and could/should be in line for a starting gig. The Giants are just a total dumpster fire of Cleveland Browns magnitude. I’d love to see Eli get traded to a contender, just don’t think with his salary it’s possible.
If Brees is gonna be done for year and Bridgewater doesn’t look great, it would be pretty wild to see a Manning return to the big easy

by moklerman
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:I know I’m in the minority here but I think Manning is much better than he gets credit for and could/should be in line for a starting gig. The Giants are just a total dumpster fire of Cleveland Browns magnitude. I’d love to see Eli get traded to a contender, just don’t think with his salary it’s possible.
If Brees is gonna be done for year and Bridgewater doesn’t look great, it would be pretty wild to see a Manning return to the big easy
I think Eli does take a lot of heat but it will be more clear whether or not it's him or the team once the rookie gets a few starts.

by snackdaddy
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

If there is a good overall team with a bad QB situation, I could see him starting there. With Mariota's injury history Tennessee would be a good landing spot if he wants to be a backup. Not to mention Mariota's not been the guy they thought they were getting. If Brisette isn't getting it done with the Colts, that's another spot. Good overall team in need of a starting caliber QB.

by dieterbrock
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I think Eli does take a lot of heat but it will be more clear whether or not it's him or the team once the rookie gets a few starts.

Very fair point.
And it doesn’t necessarily exonerate Eli if Jones isn’t good. Just a mess of a franchise. Hearing Gettleman talk makes me want to drive off the road and hit the closest tree

by SpeedRacer
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   389  
Starter

After watching last night this scenario might make more sense: Titans cut ties with Mariota. Mariota checks into the 1 year McVay Rehab facility like Bortles.

Go Rams!

by dieterbrock
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

SpeedRacer wrote:After watching last night this scenario might make more sense: Titans cut ties with Mariota. Mariota checks into the 1 year McVay Rehab facility like Bortles.

Go Rams!

Jameis Winston probably going to be available too

by JackPMiller
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
Superstar

Eli is staying with the Giants for the rest of the season. They know if Daniel Jones goes down, they will have to go back to him.

• 2 / 3
21 posts Apr 16 2024