91 posts
  • 7 / 10
 by max
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:I’ll disagree.

I’ll disagree with your disagreement whatever it is.

by VegasRam
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   132  
United States of America   Las Vegas
Practice Squad

I want to know why we are not seeing more Josh Reynolds.

by dieterbrock
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:Fwiw I've known Max for a long time.

You say that like it’s a good thing.

by /zn/
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

max wrote:Yes. I’ve said that. All I’m adding is that it’s early information and things can change quickly after just 2 games.

I’m certainly not denying the early reports aren’t sterling for Henderson. I’m not the one saying they’re ridiculous to consider. That’s coming from others.

I know. I was agreeing with you.

by /zn/
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

VegasRam wrote:I want to know why we are not seeing more Josh Reynolds.

He seems to be not taking the next step.

Yeah it's early but you would think he would be pushing himself to grab an opportunity and yet that's not what he appears to be doing.

by Elvis
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

/zn/ wrote:There's info though. VB says Henderson is slow to catch on when it comes to doing what is needed to succeed at this level. Again VB is not going to say something like that about a player unless he has good reason. That doesn't write DH off, and it's not "worrying" to note that. It's just a detail to add to the mix.

Going into week 1 Vinny said there would be packages for DH and he expected 9 to 12 touches per game for Henderson.

Do we think Vinny had a good reason for saying that?

by BobCarl
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:eh? a more accurate take seems to be that some fans form such ridiculous rookie expectations that they become unhinged when a guy, a 3rd rounder no less, doesn't light up the league out of the gates or, even worse, fret over a 3rd rounder as if he's a guy a team mortgaged their future for in order to move up to the first round to get.

there's no sign that these guys have the ability to become quality nflers? really? no signs at all? really ?

Isaac Bruce himself said that his first 8 game's as a rookie he wasn't catching on. Then it clicked.. from then on the rest of his career was running with the wind

by max
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Going into week 1 Vinny said there would be packages for DH and he expected 9 to 12 touches per game for Henderson.

Do we think Vinny had a good reason for saying that?

Vinny has a few very close sources (coaches) that he gets inside info from. He guards the names.

Apparently, DH wasn’t ready in McVays mind.

by max
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:Again... this is all a product of Max holding fast on his position that the Rams trading out of the first round was a mistake.

First, in the past, he opined that Rapp wasn’t a “difference maker”... well, he’s making plays and is in the field more than the “starter”. That would be about your most reasonable expectation of a late first rounder on a team coming off a Super Bowl appearance.

The “value” the Rams got for trading down was part of the value used to pick up Henderson... see where this is going?

Pat Kirwin likes to say you need to get 2 starters out of every draft.. not immediate starters.

Without a second round pick, the Rams already have one, going on the “impression” thing, likely have another in Edwards... and have Evans and Long, who they can “redshirt” and prepare to be future starters.

They also have Gaines and Henderson to develop as rotational guys.

They also found a gem UDFA in Webster.

So... it seems they are doing okay.

I don’t recall saying specifically that Rapp wasn’t a difference maker.

I thought he was a borderline first rounder.

I generally like how Snead manages the draft. He’s a bit of a wild man the way he navigates it, but I like being more aggressive than passive.

by dieterbrock
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

max wrote:Vinny has a few very close sources (coaches) that he gets inside info from. He guards the names.

Apparently, DH wasn’t ready in McVays mind.

Now this is getting absurd

If he wasn't "ready" he wouldn't be active

He's a 3rd round, 3rd string player, who has potential. And since the #1 and #2 are playing well, there's no need for him. Period.
Vinny is a beat writer, not a coach. He only knows what the team wants him to know

• 7 / 10
91 posts Apr 19 2024