21 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by SpeedRacer
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   389  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

Luckily we don't have to think if Eli Manning could be the Rams starting QB in 2020. But could he be the 2020 backup? Assuming the Giants release him at season's end.

Most teams aren't going to bring him in to start. If he would be willing to be a Vice Quarterback, I could see it being a good setup.

Go Rams!

by moklerman
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

SpeedRacer wrote:Luckily we don't have to think if Eli Manning could be the Rams starting QB in 2020. But could he be the 2020 backup? Assuming the Giants release him at season's end.

Most teams aren't going to bring him in to start. If he would be willing to be a Vice Quarterback, I could see it being a good setup.

Go Rams!
With the way QB's are dropping, I'd imagine even Eli should get a starting opportunity if he wants one.

by Neil039
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
Superstar

If this were Goff year 1 and say yay. Now, I think I’d say nay. He’s deteriorating faster than an ice cube at an Alabama game.

by Hacksaw
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Neil039 wrote:If this were Goff year 1 and say yay. Now, I think I’d say nay. He’s deteriorating faster than an ice cube at an Alabama game.

Perfect analogy.

by ziggy
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   595  
Veteran

I think people are just playing fun what-ifs... but seriously, Wolford look great in the preseason. Heck, even Brandon Allen. I think we are well established in the QB department.

by Hacksaw
4 years 6 months ago

ziggy wrote:I think people are just playing fun what-ifs... but seriously, Wolford look great in the preseason. Heck, even Brandon Allen. I think we are well established in the QB department.

Agreed regarding Wolford. There is something about him. He's a gamer.

by dieterbrock
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

No

by Hacksaw
4 years 6 months ago

dieterbrock wrote:No

2nd

by BobCarl
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
Superstar

SpeedRacer wrote:But could he be the 2020 backup?

It would be fun to see him mop up in the last 8 minutes of a 52-0 blowout over the Seahawks.

As a starter, we'd be going from a QB with an ICBM for an arm to a QB throwing with a wet noodle. It would take 3-weeks to install a completely new set of offensive packages to accommodate him.

by Elvis
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I think there's a better chance we see Eli on the Steelers this year and that doesn't seem very likely...

• 1 / 3
21 posts Apr 16 2024