RAMS FANS UNITED - NEWS FLASH
GET YOUR PIKCS IN:

RFU Suicide Game

RFU Pick 5

RFU Fantasy Football (Set Your Lineup)
CLOSE
15 posts
  • 2 / 2
  • 1
  • 2
 by Dick84
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4236  
 Joined:  Oct 29 2015
Italy   LA Coliseum
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:longer than what?

when looking at fo's breakdown one thing that jumps out is goff's average depth of target - he ranks top 10 in depth of target in 7 of the 13 route categories and ranks above league average in 10 of the 13 route categories.. goff, mcvay and the rams push the ball downfield, and i dig the hell out of it!


I was just being goofy.. mostly a reference to Goff's time before releasing ball.

 by Dick84
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   4236  
 Joined:  Oct 29 2015
Italy   LA Coliseum
Superstar

max wrote:Appearances are deceiving. I don’t think that FO thinks that. You see, that what “FO: Goff is the king of the dig” means. Maybe you missed the “FO” in the header.

But you appear to think Goff is king of the deep cross because he throws a lot of them, even though his completion rate stunk. That’s like saying a kicker is the best because he had the most 60 yard attempts, even though he missed them all.


Not sure if you're trying to redefine the article? There's a link.


DYAR
DYAR (Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement) calculates each player's cumulative value above or below a "replacement-level" alternative. DYAR differs from DVOA in calculating a player's total value through the course of a year, and not on a play-for-play rate. States Football Outsiders, "DVOA, by virtue of being a percentage or rate statistic, doesn’t take into account the cumulative value of having a player producing at a league-median level over the course of an above-average number of plays. By definition, a median level of performance is better than that provided by half of the league and the ability to maintain that level of performance while carrying a heavy work load is very valuable indeed."[5]

 by max
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3788  
 Joined:  Jun 01 2015
United States of America   New York Metro
Superstar

Dick84 wrote:Not sure if you're trying to redefine the article? There's a link.


DYAR
DYAR (Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement) calculates each player's cumulative value above or below a "replacement-level" alternative. DYAR differs from DVOA in calculating a player's total value through the course of a year, and not on a play-for-play rate. States Football Outsiders, "DVOA, by virtue of being a percentage or rate statistic, doesn’t take into account the cumulative value of having a player producing at a league-median level over the course of an above-average number of plays. By definition, a median level of performance is better than that provided by half of the league and the ability to maintain that level of performance while carrying a heavy work load is very valuable indeed."[5]


Not sure of your point. DYAR and DVOA are FO created stats. They are the ones ranking the QBs, not me. I just posted it.

A1 took exception to their ranking, which is perfectly fine, but he used an illogical approach. You aren’t good at something just because you do it more than someone else. I sing a lot, and I stink. :D

 by aeneas1
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   10766  
 Joined:  Sep 13 2015
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

max wrote:A1 took exception to their ranking, which is perfectly fine, but he used an illogical approach. You aren’t good at something just because you do it more than someone else. I sing a lot, and I stink. :D

you can't be this obtuse.

your 2018 king of the deep pass (passes that travelled 16+ yards in the air), odell beckham:
VirtualBox_2019-08-24_06-57-43.png

 by max
3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3788  
 Joined:  Jun 01 2015
United States of America   New York Metro
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:you can't be this obtuse.

your 2018 king of the deep pass (passes that travelled 16+ yards in the air), odell beckham:
VirtualBox_2019-08-24_06-57-43.png


Wow, I had thought you knew something about statistics.

  • 2 / 2
  • 1
  • 2
15 posts Sep 17 2019