9 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

- tampa's uniforms look full-on xfl, forgot that they made their helmet logo enormous a few years ago.

- kitchens sticking with jackson's "you have to earn your stripes" silliness from last year, when jackson decided not to put stripes on the browns helmets until players "earned" them - when asked how a player goes about earning the stripes, he said "make the team", i.e. if you make the team then you get to sport the stripes (plus, of course, they're required once the regular season starts)... i remember way back in the day some teams didn't sport their helmet logos during some preseason games, the dolphins and jets come to mind, but i thought the league had done away with that stuff, thought teams were required to sport their approved unis during the preseason, guess not.

- so when did the browns go with flat orange paint for their helmets? must have been in the last couple of years.

- mayfield 10 of 26 for 72 yards 0 tds, 1 pick, for 2.7 yards per attempt, a 38.5% completion rate, and a 30.6 qb rating, had at least 4 other passes that should have been picked. :shock2: :D

i get that this is now roughing the passer but it's bullshit, mayfield could have easily pump-faked and kept it but, even so, it looked like mayfield was headed out of bounds so it would have probably been called either way:

by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:I'm thinking that Cleveland Oline is going to be a big, big issue.

grob looks fat and slow.

pff ranked the browns oline 2nd best last year, and all of their starters are returning except for rg zeitler, who they packaged in a trade for beckham and vernon.

by max
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

From what I saw grob looks like the same slow processor that he’s always been. He’s a bona fide bust. There’s not enough lipstick in the world to make that pig look good.

by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:Okay... I don't want him to get hurt..
But I'd love to see Mayfield get the shit knocked out of him... repeatedly... and then watch him meltdown, screaming at the oline.

yeah, he's about as lovable as manziel... one thing is for sure, the browns sure have accumulated some talent, so the dumbshit has plenty of support... what do you put the over/under at for mayfield chucking the ball deep to odell with the sole purpose of challenging pass interference no-calls?

by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:Oh.. that'd be a high number.. and just smart to do.

I'm fascinated to see if he really does have "that much support"... If that Oline is a total shit show?
I mean... he looked like absolute hell tonight.

i think both mayfield and winston looked like crap tonight because it appeared that both arians and kitchens blitzed a lot, which apparently neither offense game planned for... speaking of which, blitzing used to be a semi off the table proposition when it came to preseason games, sort of a gentleman's agreement it seemed, but i've noticed a lot more of it in recent years.

winston - 9 of 19, 88 yards, 47.3%, 4.6 y/att, 60.9 rating
mayfield - 10 of 26, 72 yards, 38.4%, 2.8 y/att, 30.6 rating

re support - landry 4-time pro bowler, beckham 3-time pro bowler, hunt pro-bower (8 games), chubb, njoku (no slouch at te) and, again, a highly ranked oline from last year that has 4 of 5 guys returning... if mayfield can't succeed with that, i'm pointing the finger at mayfield / kitchens and not the support... in fact, when i look at the browns offense, team kitchens/monken strike me as the weakest link, altho monken, in his third year on the job in tampa, was finally able to field an offense that scored well.

by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:I don't see it with their line this year and the camp reports are that they're having serious difficulty replacing Zeitler. If that's a big problem and Robinson reverts? Good luck.
But.. I agree with you about Kitchens/Monken.

gonna be interesting to see how things play out in cleveland... as much as i enjoy pulling for the rams i also enjoy seeing some teams fail, especially overrated teams (and overrated players), of course the niners (and garopplo / shanny) fall squarely into that category, and this season so do the browns, ha ha...

by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:Mayfield's just rubbing me the wrong way. That's my problem.. lol.
It didn't bother me out of college.. but some of the shit now is just.. annoying.

well maybe there's a support group somewhere, because i suffer from the same problem.

by Hacksaw
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Dick84 wrote:Mayfield's just rubbing me the wrong way. That's my problem.. lol.
It didn't bother me out of college.. but some of the shit now is just.. annoying.

Yeah, Mayfield is BMOC in Cleveland and it's going to his head.

It's obvious that he rubs himself the right way.

• 1 / 1
9 posts Apr 18 2024