38 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by Elvis
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   38439  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Gareth wrote:I’m not positive but I think I heard somewhere that each year the network that has the Super Bowl does a practice run at that venue during the preseason. I think this is it.

Maybe. At least that would make some sense. I did just look up the Jaguars schedule and they have a home game on Fox against Tampa late in the season.

What happens with bets on the Raiders/Packers game in Vegas?

by TomSlick
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Listening to KNBR, Bay Area 50,000 watt blowtorch sports talk station, 60 minute infomercial on betting preseason football games. Stone cold locks...call this number...can't miss...etc. Man, you got to be jones-in' if you are willing to bet preseason football.

This thread is more entertaining than all the RAM preseason games combined.

by Elvis
4 years 7 months ago
Administrator

TomSlick wrote:Listening to KNBR, Bay Area 50,000 watt blowtorch sports talk station, 60 minute infomercial on betting preseason football games. Stone cold locks...call this number...can't miss...etc. Man, you got to be jones-in' if you are willing to bet preseason football.

There are some coaches who care about preseason more than others. Jim Harbaugh never loses, Dan Quinn never wins...

by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

TomSlick wrote:Listening to KNBR, Bay Area 50,000 watt blowtorch sports talk station, 60 minute infomercial on betting preseason football games. Stone cold locks...call this number...can't miss...etc. Man, you got to be jones-in' if you are willing to bet preseason football.

ha ha, i can sing a few bars of that! i no longer spend much time in a car commuting or running errands, haven't for many years, but whenever i do i'm always blown away by the sports betting buy now marathons on knbr, seems that it started a few years ago (in fact i actually posted about it back then) and has only gotten more in your face... then again, i'm not sure what's worse, listening to the barrage of betting stuff or listening to the razor and mr. t back in the day, thought both were idiots, ralph was insufferable but tolbert had him beat.

by rams74
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

I used to think it was bad karma to either win all your preseason games, or lose them all.

Now, I couldn't care less. The preseason is obsolete.

by TomSlick
4 years 7 months ago
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Elvis wrote:There are some coaches who care about preseason more than others. Jim Harbaugh never loses, Dan Quinn never wins...

Good point. Going against McVay in week 3 seems like a good bet. Opposing 1s going against our guys for 2 or 3 quarters...

by TomSlick
4 years 7 months ago
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:ha ha, i can sing a few bars of that! i no longer spend much time in a car commuting or running errands, haven't for many years, but whenever i do i'm always blown away by the sports betting buy now marathons on knbr, seems that it started a few years ago (in fact i actually posted about it back then) and has only gotten more in your face... then again, i'm not sure what's worse, listening to the barrage of betting stuff or listening to the razor and mr. t back in the day, thought both were idiots, ralph was insufferable but tolbert had him beat.

All in all, it is pretty poor in this area. The morning crew at KNBR seems especially brutal. They all have ADD so there is no continuity from one sentence to the next.

by Elvis
4 years 7 months ago
Administrator

rams74 wrote:I used to think it was bad karma to either win all your preseason games, or lose them all.

Now, I couldn't care less. The preseason is obsolete.

You are correct sir...

• 3 / 4
38 posts Apr 16 2024