185 posts
  • 19 / 19
 by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

in the two postgame pressers found at the rams official site, mcvay also makes it a point to rave about rapp, mcvay is clearly impressed with what he's seen from the guy so far...

by 69RamFan
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3176  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

^^^^^^^

On Passing down situations, Wade was using this package on D,
having Rapp in there with a three safety look,
and three CB

Littleton covering the middle

With Matthews, AD, Brockers and Fowler on the front line....

They were using this coverage package in camp....

The also had a five LBer look package, with AD and Brockers in the middle up front.

by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:Best defender on the field for either team.
He's a player.

mcvay:

"he's a bigger player than you realize, you put the pads on, and when he arrives he arrives with power and guys go down immediately, that was one of the things that really stood out on his tape at uw, what a great tackler he was, and i think his ability to understand angles and to pick and choose his spots and get guys to the ground is an elite trait that he has, and you're starting to see those things show up."

“I just think the instincts and the awareness [jumped on the tape],” said McVay. “You could just see how fast he’s playing, his ability to negotiate those traffic situations. I mean, there’s even a situation where a ball gets strung out on a wide-zone play towards our sideline and he gets a guy going low on him and he shows incredible balance to be able to stay up and kind of force the ball back. He’s really done a lot of nice things, but I just think you’re just seeing a guy play with urgency.”

“His last week has been outstanding. I think he’s really getting the confidence where he knows exactly what’s going on,” McVay said. “He’s able to make these seamless adjustments within the framework of whatever defensive call that we’ve activated and it’s been really – we’re starting to see the guy we loved so much on tape at Washington and I think he’s really starting to play where he’s not thinking, he’s just reacting. And that’s what makes him a special player.”

by Zen_Ronin
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

You don't need to watch the whole video, but oh man!! The first thing Gottleib talks about is Goff, because he's THAT impressed by him.

• 19 / 19
185 posts Apr 19 2024