31 posts
  • 2 / 4
 by max
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I read/heard not everybody is gonna make the trip to Hawaii, i'm looking forward to hearing about that.

I'm also interested in who's going to replace Myles as team insider...

Yeah, curious who doesn’t make the trip that’s healthy.

Found it interesting that Vinny had Davis making the team over Kelly. And Thomas over Hodge.

Wonder if they go guy or gal for Myles replacement.

by TomSlick
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

moklerman wrote:Sean McVay really has "ruined" the Rams preseason for longtime fans. I guess you could walk that back a little more and say it was Kroenke. All I know is, the biggest issue with the Rams this year is basically uniform speculation. No relocation, stadium, ownership, coaching, coordinator, QB, backup QB, #1WR or contract disputes to talk about.

Agreed. The RAMS are now a smooth, PROFESSIONALLY run organization. No one frets about personalities, will the O be good?, will the D be good?, is the HC under fire?, etc.

We are a long ways past the days of George Allen getting canned in preseason, drafting guys who were quickly destined to exit the NFL, dissension in the FO, and the list goes on.

These are golden times for us, may it continue forever. Starts with ownership, we got a good one.

by max
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:I was surprised by Davis, not surprised by Thomas.
Thomas is a beast on ST and offers more at WR. Hodge is nice, but limited physically.

Makes sense.

Maybe Vinny has Davis making it from talks with coaches.

by Elvis
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

max wrote:Makes sense.

Maybe Vinny has Davis making it from talks with coaches.

When was this Vinny take? Recently, a while ago?

by /zn/
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Yup, these games mean zilch to McVay and the team. All the work is going on between games. All these games are for is either evaluating guys on the bubble or experimenting with the linemen switching back and forth. Although I suspect even that doesn't mean as much. They may already have their minds made up on all but a couple guys.

I'd love to see a sharp offense. But they already proved resting guys until the regular season doesn't mean they stumble out of the gates. And they proved resting these guys keeps them fresher and healthier. Don't be surprised to see more teams go that route over the next few years. Especially teams who already have established coaches and quarterbacks.

I don't quite agree with that.

First, I do think the p-s games mean something to the coaches---just not in a way that can mean anything to anyone watching the game. I think they are using these games to give young linemen reps and experience. That's partially to assess them and see who to keep, and partially to give live game experience to some youngsters and rookies. The same applies to other positions too (like qb) but it's especially valuable for OL depth because this way the OL who will be on the team won't be as raw. More experience, better depth.

In terms of prepping veterans for the season, some players have said that the starters get more out of the joint practices than they would have from pre-season games. For one thing in the joint practices, they can program in a lot of situations they may not see in a pre-season game (like 2-minute drills). The starters actually get more reps against the other teams starters than they would in a p-s game.

So the coaches could get a lot out of using the p-s games this way. Very few people watching them will though.

by snackdaddy
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:I don't quite agree with that.

I wouldn't expect anything less. 8-)

by ramsfan1977
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

They are waiting to announce Goffs $40 mill a year extension with Dak watching live!!! :twisted2:

by max
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:When was this Vinny take? Recently, a while ago?

Recently

• 2 / 4
31 posts Apr 18 2024