27 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

here's a very recent clip of moron(*) lombardi chatting with dr. chao about gurley's health - lombardi says that he's heard "people in and around the (l.a.) area say that on wednesday and thursday it doesn't look like he (gurley) can even get to the practice field let alone practice."

dr. chao apes everything that's already been reported (gurley won't be the bell cow he once was, he has arthritis) and also adds his own bit of intrigue:

"i haven't written about this, i guess because i haven't decided which way to go with it yet, and i haven't finished watching the entire video, but this is a little bit of breaking new news to me - if you look at the video he posted of his workouts recently, or he or someone else posted, his trainer or something, there are a couple of closeups of the knee and you can clearly see some bone spurs indicating that arthritis has been there for a little bit.

the bad news is it's not just minor, it's at least significant. the good news is he had some pretty good years with that knee as the bone spurs were developing, so the news is somewhere in between, he certainly has arthritis, do i think he's going to get to a third conract? i think that's going to be quite difficult, he's not going to be the bell cow guy, but i wouldn't write him off as nonproductive."

* i described lombardi as a moron because he's the blowhard who, on the rich eisen show, laughed at the notion that the rams would be competitive in 2017, said there was absolutely no chance because they were so bad, said that mcvay was a great media story because of his age but was too young to be an nfl head coach, and that goff had no feel for the game. :D

by AvengerRam
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Chao must have had extremely low overhead in his medical practice, given his supernatural ability to make diagnoses without the need of X-ray machines, MRIs, or even examining rooms.

We should be very thankful to have him and Lombardi to provide us with the truth while Gurley, McVay and everyone else lies to us (while snickering and twirling their sinister pencil mustaches).

by max
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:Chao must have had extremely low overhead in his medical practice, given his supernatural ability to make diagnoses without the need of X-ray machines, MRIs, or even examining rooms.

We should be very thankful to have him and Lombardi to provide us with the truth while Gurley, McVay and everyone else lies to us (while snickering and twirling their sinister pencil mustaches).

Yup. My wife recently had a full knee replacement. The best knee surgeons at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC didn’t know she had arthritis in her knee without X-rays or MRIs. And her surgeon didn’t know the extent of the arthritis until he did the surgery. Chao is playing his guessing game as usual.

Lombardi is a blowhard and gets plenty of stuff embarrassingly wrong, yet keeps on slobbering away. He did predict Blythe and Sullivan would get beat up by the Pats though. So he’s not 100% wrong about everything.

by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

re the "people in and around the (l.a.) area" that lombardi claims he's talked to, who have said "that on wednesday and thursday it doesn't look like he (gurley) can even get to the practice field let alone practice."

i guess those "people" called lombardi from cabo san lucas where gurley's been lately, winding down his remaining free days with family and friends before camp starts.

looking at the second photo, i sure do hope todd had a crane, or least a bunch of very capable friends, to lift him and his "not minor, but significant" bone spurred arthritic knee onto that stump!

01.png

03.jpg

02.jpg

by max
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:re the "people in and around the (l.a.) area" that lombardi claims he's talked to, who have said "that on wednesday and thursday it doesn't look like he (gurley) can even get to the practice field let alone practice."

i guess those "people" called lombardi from cabo san lucas where gurley's been lately, winding down his remaining free days with family and friends before camp starts.

looking at the second photo, i sure do hope todd had a crane, or least a bunch of very capable friends, to lift him and his "not minor, but significant" bone spurred arthritic knee onto that stump!

01.png
03.jpg
02.jpg

Chao is playing Name That Tune. He can name that tune in no notes.

by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:Chao must have had extremely low overhead in his medical practice, given his supernatural ability to make diagnoses without the need of X-ray machines, MRIs, or even examining rooms.

both lombardi and chao come across as a couple of self-serving, click bait media whores.

by AvengerRam
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:both lombardi and chao come across as a couple of self-serving, click bait media whores.

I can confirm that they are exactly that. I was told by “people in and around L.A.”

Additionally, I have a strong suspicion that Lombardi and Chae molest collies.

by snackdaddy
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:I can confirm that they are exactly that. I was told by “people in and around L.A.”

Additionally, I have a strong suspicion that Lombardi and Chae molest collies.

They do collies because collies are nice. My weenie dog Herman would bite their you know whats off.

by Elvis
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38439  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Lombardi is an idiot but i actually like Chao.

He's upfront about what he does: Give you his best take based what's available to him. He does it for basketball, baseball and football. And when someone has a confirmed injury, he explains it, says how long it's likely to take, what the prognosis is, etc. And unlike Lombardi, he's generally right. Some people want that information/take some people don't.

I do.

• 1 / 3
27 posts Apr 16 2024