364 posts
  • 17 / 37
 by moklerman
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:altho sando doesn't ask 55 nfl coaches and executives which qbs have played the best over the last couple of years, you do like the list for what it is, it makes sense to you, which is fine.

but why then do you struggle to see that bradford was a mediocre (talk about generous) qb? after his season with the eagles under offensive wizard chip kelly, and right before he joined the vikes, sando's team of multiple nfl coaches and executives ranked bradford 28th out of 33 qbs. almost half (48%) of the nfl coaches and execs contacted rated sammy 4th tier or worse - let me repeat that. almost half (48%) of the nfl coaches and execs contacted rated sammy 4th tier or worse

--------------

some of their comments:

"He has the arm talent, I think he is a smart guy, I think he is a little [soft], which came out in the way he handled his business to begin with this offseason (referring to how he handled the drafting of Wentz)."

"I just don't see the decision-making, consistent accuracy and the fortitude that [makes me think] we have a shot to win every Sunday. With Doug Pederson coaching, I would take Alex Smith over Bradford..."

"I'm not the greatest Bradford guy, I don't think he can create anything himself, and in this day and age, pockets aren't going to be clean."

--------------

so do you finally agree that bradford was a bottom of the barrel qb, i mean almost half of the nfl coaches and execs who weighed in seemed to think so.
I don't think I'm going to, yet AGAIN, re-state my opinions about Bradford. You may look them up if you like but we both know you're not really interested.

Diversionary tactics are what's really going on here. Like I said, I called Goff a top 10 QB. It's all those others that think less of him. 2nd tier with upside is an insult to you and for some reason, you think bringing Bradford into the conversation will help your argument.

Just because someone is my favorite player doesn't automatically mean that I think he's the best and everyone else MUST agree. Ferragamo was a turnover machine. Everett had a phantom sack. Bradford was injury plagued and too cautious. Warner certainly had some down times.

But I never went to such lengths to argue that they were so good that there was basically no one who could replace them. That's YOU with Goff.

by R4L
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

aeneas1 wrote:altho sando doesn't ask 55 nfl coaches and executives which qbs have played the best over the last couple of years, you clearly do like the list for what it is, it makes sense to you, which is fine.

but why then do you struggle to see that bradford was a mediocre (talk about generous) qb? after his season with the eagles under offensive wizard chip kelly, and right before he joined the vikes, sando's team of multiple nfl coaches and executives ranked bradford 28th out of 33 qbs. almost half (48%) of the nfl coaches and execs contacted rated sammy 4th tier or worse - let me repeat that. almost half (48%) of the nfl coaches and execs contacted rated sammy 4th tier or worse.

who did they think was better than sammy? brock osweiler, tyrod taylor, ryan fitzpatrick, blake bortles and just about everyone else.

--------------

some of their comments:

"He has the arm talent, I think he is a smart guy, I think he is a little [soft], which came out in the way he handled his business to begin with this offseason (referring to how he handled the drafting of Wentz)."

"I just don't see the decision-making, consistent accuracy and the fortitude that [makes me think] we have a shot to win every Sunday. With Doug Pederson coaching, I would take Alex Smith over Bradford..."

"I'm not the greatest Bradford guy, I don't think he can create anything himself, and in this day and age, pockets aren't going to be clean."

--------------

so do you finally agree that bradford was a bottom of the barrel qb, i mean almost half of the nfl coaches and execs who weighed in seemed to think so.

A1, you're tearing it up like always.
They are no match for you lol :)

by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I don't think I'm going to, yet AGAIN, re-state my opinions about Bradford.

you don't have to re-state it, you believe sando's guys and sando's guys think sammy pretty much sucked.. hell, the nfl coaches and execs that were contacted in 2016 said they would rather go to war with osweiler, taylor, fitz, and bortles than with sammy, good friggin' grief! :oops2:

by moklerman
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:you don't have to re-state it, you believe sando's guys and sando's guys think sammy pretty much sucked.. hell, the nfl coaches and execs that were contacted in 2016 said they would rather go to war with osweiler, taylor, fitz, and bortles than with sammy, good friggin' grief! :oops2:
You're just trying so hard. :lol2:

by AltiTude Ram
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2179  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

First off to answer the question, I wouldn't swap Goff for anybody at this point in time.

He has chemistry with his teammates and the talent that matches up with the best in the NFL.

Some of the quotes from unnamed sources taking the poll are still using the "system QB" reference. I wouldn't put much credit in "sources" that use that kind of logic.

McVay is a great coach and Goff has talent all around him (except the wheel chair bound Gurley 😉). That doesn't minimize what he's accomplished the past 2 seasons. Yet some don't want to give him credit where credit is due.

Goff is definitely top 10 and I would put him top 5 as of today.

Again, I wouldn't trade him for anyone at this point. His teammates love him and he's a very talented leader on a really good football team. JMO

by R4L
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

AltiTude Ram wrote:First off to answer the question, I wouldn't swap Goff for anybody at this point in time.

He has chemistry with his teammates and the talent that matches up with the best in the NFL.

Some of the quotes from unnamed sources taking the poll are still using the "system QB" reference. I wouldn't put much credit in "sources" that use that kind of logic.

McVay is a great coach and Goff has talent all around him (except the wheel chair bound Gurley 😉). That doesn't minimize what he's accomplished the past 2 seasons. Yet some don't want to give him credit where credit is due.

Goff is definitely top 10 and I would put him top 5 as of today.

Again, I wouldn't trade him for anyone at this point. His teammates love him and he's a very talented leader on a really good football team. JMO

Solid take

by PARAM
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:Take any of the top qbs in their prime, give them this newer NFL environment where passing numbers are inflated, and put them on the Rams the last 2 years...with that OL, coach, and weapons. How many (again in their prime) do NOT do as well as Goff did? Any?

So you want to take any of the top QBs in their prime vs Goff in his third year and say they'd do as well as Goff? Well that certainly puts Goff in great company!! Why not any of the top QBs in their third year?

Ryan: 3705 yds, 62.5%, 28-9, 91.0
Wilson: 3475, 63.1%, 20-7, 95.0
Rivers: 3388, 60.7%, 22-9, 92.0
Ben R: 3513, 59.7%, 18-23, 75.4
Brees: 2108, 57.6%, 11-15, 67.5

Not sure how well these guys could play.....in their third year....in McVay's offense. It's impossible to say.

by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Just because someone is my favorite player doesn't automatically mean that I think he's the best and everyone else MUST agree.

whoa nelly, we're talking near bottom of the barrel here, 28th out of 33 according to nfl experts, 4th tier stuff according to half the nfl experts asked, where's does this "doesn't automatically mean i think he's the best..." stuff come from, i mean how could you possibly think that?

so tell me mokler, do you agree with the nfl experts, that your favorite nfl player was pretty much the worst qb in the nfl in 2016? a 4th tier qb according half the experts asked? i'm pretty sure you know that's what i thought, that he stunk, because i said so on many occasions, which iirc you didn't like hearing too much... but now that you know nfl experts also thought that, what say you? do you agree? if not, where would you have ranked him? i'm dying to know!

by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:So you want to take any of the top QBs in their prime vs Goff in his third year and say they'd do as well as Goff? Well that certainly puts Goff in great company!! Why not any of the top QBs in their third year?

Ryan: 3705 yds, 62.5%, 28-9, 91.0
Wilson: 3475, 63.1%, 20-7, 95.0
Rivers: 3388, 60.7%, 22-9, 92.0
Ben R: 3513, 59.7%, 18-23, 75.4
Brees: 2108, 57.6%, 11-15, 67.5

Not sure how well these guys could play.....in their third year....in McVay's offense. It's impossible to say.

goff's 100+ qb ratings in 2017 and 2018 are nothing more than a product of an inflated passing stats era, yet for some odd reason big ben hasn't booked a 100+ qb rating in the last two seasons, nor has rodgers, nor luck, nor prescott, nor cousins, nor stafford to name a few, weird.

by max
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:don't you owe me a love note? still waiting.

That was my love note.

• 17 / 37
364 posts Apr 19 2024