15 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by Hacksaw
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Yep, the Oline is our biggest concern imo. I guess they know what they have but RS was good when healthy, Sully had a boatload of experience, and AW isn't getting younger.

NE's D scheme against us in the SB, may have also created a blueprint.

by Elvis
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38439  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I see people talking about how much we're gonna miss Saffold, and maybe they're right but he was a Ram for 9 years and our offense was terrible for the first 7 of those years. Good dude, good player but i don't see him as the difference maker...

by snackdaddy
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Saffold's gonna be hard to replace no doubt. But Sullivan was one of the lowest rated centers in the league according to PFF. So do really expect that position to be downgraded? Saffold's replacement, presumably Noteboom, is very talented and played well in his short stint at left tackle. I'm not worried about moving him to guard. Good players play better than bad players. Simple as that.

by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

the 1999-2001 gsot rams lit up the league with a 7th round left guard who never made the pro bowl, who started 11 or more games just 4 times in his career.

by PARAM
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Maybe in saying the O-line isn’t top 5 gives some credit to the QB...

Naaa. "The scheme" has already been fully credited for his performance (and career to date). But that's okay. Look at New England's scheme or more accurately Belichick's scheme. What standout defensive player has risen above that scheme? That's positive proof a great scheme can win you multiple Superbowls and the personnel will never get as much credit.

I don't care (well maybe a little) if Goff never gets fully credited for his ability, so long as we're a regular in postseason play, contenders for the SB annually and winners from time to time.

• 2 / 2
15 posts Apr 16 2024