12 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by Elvis
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019 ... drew-luck/

2019 NFL MVP Odds: Patrick Mahomes favored to repeat, followed by Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck

Mahomes has 4-1 odds to win back-to-back MVPs

Jared Dubin
@jadubin5
13 hrs ago • 1 min read

During his first season as a starter, Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes completed 66 percent of his passes, averaged 8.8 yards per attempt, and threw for 5,097 yards and 50 touchdowns while leading the Chiefs to a 12-4 record and the No. 1 seed in the AFC. All that was enough to net him the Associated Press NFL MVP Award at the end of the season.

According to Las Vegas oddsmakers, the most likely scenario in the 2019 season involves Mahomes taking down the MVP award yet again. The Westgate SuperBook has installed Mahomes as the odds-on favorite, with 4-1 odds.

Behind Mahomes at 8-1 are both Colts quarterback Andrew Luck and Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. The entire rest of the top 10 is made up of quarterbacks as well: Carson Wentz and Drew Brees at 10-1, Tom Brady at 12-1, Philip Rivers and Russell Wilson at 14-1, and Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, and Baker Mayfield all grouped together at 25-1.

The top non-quarterback on the list is Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott, who joins Deshaun Watson, Jared Goff, and Cam Newton with 60-1 odds. It's important to note that it's still incredibly early and these odds could change a whole lot by the time the season starts. Barring an offseason injury, though, it seems likely that Mahomes will be in the top spot by the time Week 1 rolls around.

by AvengerRam
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Looks like Vegas isn't too worried about Gurley.

I'd put some $ on Goff for MVP. Like those odds (60/1), and Goff definitely could have a big stat year on a team that wins a lot of games (pretty good formula for winning MVP).

by aeneas1
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

i'm still shaking my head over the mvp list...

by max
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:i'm still shaking my head over the mvp list...

Yeah. They obviously aren’t reading your posts or think you're FOS if they are. <just kidding>

Seriously, I don’t get how Wentz is 10-1 and Goff is 60-1. Makes no sense.

by Elvis
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Gurley was 20/1 last year in August according to Bovada:

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/news/ ... -mvp-odds/

Can't find 2019 numbers for Bovada, probably don't exist yet.

The highest rated back on that Westgate sheet is Zeke at 60/1.

This is the kind of thing where the numbers can vary a lot from place to place...

by aeneas1
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:

i think that's worded a bit poorly, my guess is he's simply seeing the most action given the 200/1 odds.

by Neil039
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

You gotta touch the ball to get better odds. That being said, AD touches or disrupts the ball more than anyone else. He should be in the top ten IMHO

• 1 / 2
12 posts Apr 18 2024