874 posts
  • 26 / 88
 by PARAM
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   12241  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Yeah, I don't get how the Rams thought that money should remain theirs? I guess since they didn't break the terms of the lease but it's a total dick move to keep PSL's from fans after you move the team away.

Got to agree that the fans deserved the money. Dick move? Who these days gives away money before waiting for a legal decision? Hell, the way the fans in St. Louis and the politicians in St. Louis have been suit happy since the Rams left, who's to say had they taken the high road and gave them 30%, they wouldn't have wanted more or called it 'the Rams trying to buy their way out of St. Louis' or filed another lawsuit seeking punitive damages?

by dieterbrock
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Was the Rams take that they didn’t have to pay anything? I don’t recall. I’m assuming that it’s been a battle between the attorneys (got to love those billable hours) to reach a settlement number

by AltiTude Ram
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2178  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Hats off to the fans for getting back some of what they invested in!😁

I don't have much love for St. Louis taking my team and somewhat fighting for my team to stay there.

I think we can all agree it wasn't about the fans. Great Rams fans there every time I went!

Nice to see the little guy can still win!😎

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:$24 million to stan? 0.006 cents?

Stan has $24 million in the change cup of one of his private planes.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Was the Rams take that they didn’t have to pay anything? I don’t recall. I’m assuming that it’s been a battle between the attorneys (got to love those billable hours) to reach a settlement number

As I understood it the Rams argued the PSL money was all theirs.

by Rams the Legends live on
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

They actually did better than I figured. I was expecting pennies back on the dollar so came in higher than I expected of course after all the entities or persons who have a claim as well for any legal action taken or legal standing. They should end up with some quarters back on the dollars vs pennies. So in the end still did better than I had expected.

by rather
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   349  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

I'm certain of two things, sight unseen:
* This is probably the most fair outcome
* The Rams had the legalese fully in their favor and could have fought further and won (I would wager the PSL paperwork had something like 24 point bold font that says IF WE LEAVE DUE TO STL NOT UPHOLDING ITS END OF THE DEAL THEN YOU ARE S.O.L.), but decided it wasn't worth the bad PR

by Mr. Sparkle
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

On a somewhat related topic, did anyone see the Angels go to St. Louis and the Albert Pujols reunion?
Since I grew up with the Rams in Anaheim, I always think of a link between the Angels and Rams.
Thought it was pretty cool St. Louis actually cheered loud and hard when the "other team" hit a home run. Do not recall anything like this happening in any sport? Maybe I am totally wrong though.

• 26 / 88
874 posts Apr 17 2024