281 posts
  • 25 / 29
 by moklerman
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:My little brother used to play this game. (1) Instigate, (2) wait for a reaction, (3) play innocent and play to the crowd.

Then he turned 10.
Oh, the irony... :roll2:

by max
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:so you've seen a history of arthritis "demonstrably" cutting an nfl player's career short, at a young age, but acls not so much? really?

What I think I've seen is guys having some surgeries and eventually their knee becomes arthritic to the point of it being career ending.

Interestingly though, I just heard David Carr say you can have an arthritic condition and improve it by doing things to combat inflammation. When you do that you can play longer. He talked about Brady playing so long in large part because of his health program. He does stuff that fights inflammation.

I'm thinking Gurley is changing his diet and exercise program to be more in line with combating inflammation. That gives me more optimism than just denying that he has an arthritic knee and taking shots at reporters.

by moklerman
4 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:Let it go, mok.
Do you really think you're the right one to be giving that kind of advice? After 25 pages of bickering? And then not letting my comment go?
I. R. O. N. Y.

by AvengerRam
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Do you really think you're the right one to be giving that kind of advice? After 25 pages of bickering? And then not letting my comment go?
I. R. O. N. Y.

Since you didn't read all the posts apparently, I broke the cycle with max and we're moving on. I welcome you to do the same.

Or don't. Your choice.

by moklerman
4 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:Since you didn't read all the posts apparently, I broke the cycle with max and we're moving on. I welcome you to do the same.

Or don't. Your choice.
Yet, you keep posting... :roll2:

by Elvis
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

moklerman wrote:Do you really think you're the right one to be giving that kind of advice? After 25 pages of bickering? And then not letting my comment go?
I. R. O. N. Y.

This one's over, let the dust settle...

by aeneas1
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

max wrote:What I think I've seen is guys having some surgeries and eventually their knee becomes arthritic to the point of it being career ending.

in your lifetime of watching and following nfl football, how many 24-26 year-olds come to mind that had a knee that was so arthritic that it ended their career?

we've been told that "some kind of arthritic component" is present in everyone that's had joint damage, and that "arthritis is a common occurrence in knees that have been surgically repaired".

if that's the case, when considering all of the the players that have passed through the nfl over the decades, players that had joint damage in high school, college, early in their nfl careers, in the middle of their careers, don't you find it highly likely that more than a few played with "some kind of arthritic component", even at a high level, even hall of famers, even guys who had long, great careers?

or were they just fortunate, and unlike gurley didn't have their "arthritic component" catch up with them early on, at a young age?

anyhoo, camp is right around the corner, what will we see from gurley, what will we see...

by dieterbrock
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Yet, you keep posting... :roll2:

You missed all the fun.
They hugged, kissed and sent us this pic
Attachments
49D8673B-CD10-49EC-9D72-73307F1AF29E.gif

by Hacksaw
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Gurley is a rock hard stud and is going to cause a lot of problems for D boys and their coords.
He is going to rock the rock when he gets his touches. No fear!!!!!

• 25 / 29
281 posts Apr 15 2024