10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by aeneas1
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

01.jpg

longtime rams fans have enjoyed the pleasure of pulling for some great guys at wide receiver through the decades, some of whom were flat-out great wide receivers... snow would have to be my first rams hero at wr, others that followed include the usual suspects, harold jackson, flipper, ellard, bruce (my #1 guy), holt, jessie, dennard, waddy, heck even ricky proehl, oz, danny, no pants lance, etc., etc., etc.

but i have to say, woods has quickly become one of my all-time favorites after just two years in horns, i just love everything about the guy, the man he seems to be, his work ethic, and of course his (imo) underrated talent... the guy's barely 27 and doesn't become an ufa until 2022. woohoo!

add to this, despite having to share targets from predominantly 3-wr sets, woods is one of just 13 wide receivers that has booked 2,000 or more receiving yards for the 2017-2018 stretch... moreover, for the same 2017-2018 stretch, woods ranks 7th among the top 40 qualifying wide receivers in yards per target average.

but the all-important 3rd down sitches is where woods has really shined - among the top 40 qualifying wr, for the 2017-2018 stretch, woods ranks 2nd in 3rd down catch %, 3rd in % of targets converted into 1st down catches, 11th in catches and 14th in receiving yards - that from a guy who has to fight two other wr, a very capable receiving rb, and a te for looks.

woods has been nothing but rock solid since joining the rams, and it's going to be fun as hell to watch him and goff continue to grow together.

by Ramsdude
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

aeneas1 wrote:01.jpg
longtime rams fans have enjoyed the pleasure of pulling for some great guys at wide receiver through the decades, some of whom were flat-out great wide receivers... snow would have to be my first rams hero at wr, others that followed include the usual suspects, harold jackson, flipper, ellard, bruce (my #1 guy), holt, jessie, dennard, waddy, heck even ricky proehl, oz, danny, no pants lance, etc., etc., etc.

but i have to say, woods has quickly become one of my all-time favorites after just two years in horns, i just love everything about the guy, the man he seems to be, his work ethic, and of course his (imo) underrated talent... the guy's barely 27 and doesn't become an ufa until 2022. woohoo!

add to this, despite having to share targets from predominantly 3-wr sets, woods is one of just 13 wide receivers that has booked 2,000 or more receiving yards for the 2017-2018 stretch... moreover, for the same 2017-2018 stretch, woods ranks 7th among the top 40 qualifying wide receivers in yards per target average.

but the all-important 3rd down sitches is where woods has really shined - among the top 40 qualifying wr, for the 2017-2018 stretch, woods ranks 2nd in 3rd down catch %, 3rd in % of targets converted into 1st down catches, 11th in catches and 14th in receiving yards - that from a guy who has to fight two other wr, a very capable receiving rb, and a te for looks.

woods has been nothing but rock solid since joining the rams, and it's going to be fun as hell to watch him and goff continue to grow together.

Nice post a1 and I couldn't agree more. Woods has been spectacular ever since he got here! If he can maintain this he will go down as of our best WR's. Genuine nice guy. Came in under the radar and proceeded to blow the roof off the place! One of our BEST acquisitions!!

He reminds me a little of Ike Bruce. Quiet but carries a big stick! Hope to see more great things to come from Mr. Woods.

by ramsrams
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1176  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Pro Bowl

One of my favourite Rams.

Stats finally came for him last year!

I recall his first game or two as a Ram and he took a couple of silly penalties. Some were not impressed. Onward and upward since that time.

Love his contributions to the run game, both on the jet sweeps and as a blocker. Dude is football fast.

Looking forward to seeing he, Cooks, and a healthy Kupp work their magic this year.

Love to see all three with 1000+.

by snackdaddy
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I know it sounds like tooting my own horn. But when he was first signed I remember people saying they thought they coulda done better. I looked at his stats, scouting reports and highlights. I told people I thought this was going to be a solid signing. A guy who can run good routes, has good hands and is fast enough to make plays.

Look at the targets his final year in Buffalo and project the same targets as the 1000 yard receivers. He'd be right there with them. Heck, if he wore number 80 I'd swear I'm watching Ike Bruce out there they way he moves and catches the ball. Looks like he's become a bargain when you look at what he does and his contract.

by Hacksaw_64
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2686  
United States of America   Inglewood, CA

Wooooooooooooooooody!

by Hacksaw_64
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2686  
United States of America   Inglewood, CA

snackdaddy wrote:I know it sounds like tooting my own horn. But when he was first signed I remember people saying they thought they coulda done better. I looked at his stats, scouting reports and highlights. I told people I thought this was going to be a solid signing. A guy who can run good routes, has good hands and is fast enough to make plays.

Look at the targets his final year in Buffalo and project the same targets as the 1000 yard receivers. He'd be right there with them. Heck, if he wore number 80 I'd swear I'm watching Ike Bruce out there they way he moves and catches the ball. Looks like he's become a bargain when you look at what he does and his contract.

pfft

I told you he was gonna be a rockstar.

I believe both Elvis an Hacksaw will back me up on this one.

I did have the benefit of watching him as a trojan though.

He can flat out ball.

He is probably our most legit guy to jet sweep.

I know there is another receiver we have that most would pick over Woods due to 40 time. But Woody has great game speed.

Tavon Austin = /crickets

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2077  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

There was a reason the #*$($(#$*$ cheatriots double teamed Woods in the Super Bowl.

by snackdaddy
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw_64 wrote:pfft

I told you he was gonna be a rockstar.

I believe both Elvis an Hacksaw will back me up on this one.

I did have the benefit of watching him as a trojan though.

He can flat out ball.

He is probably our most legit guy to jet sweep.

I know there is another receiver we have that most would pick over Woods due to 40 time. But Woody has great game speed.

Tavon Austin = /crickets

So it would be safe to assume we were right about him all along? 8-)

by dieterbrock
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Well, Woods is a stud and it’s great he’s getting his due.
The downside is that WR are signing some whacky contracts and for instance, Odell Beckham will make more per year (18 mill) than Woods will make in his next 3 years combined! (17.5 mill)
I imagine we may hear grumblings about a new contract/extension for Mr Woods....

• 1 / 1
10 posts Apr 16 2024