281 posts
  • 16 / 29
 by aeneas1
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Sure there's craziness out there: TMZ, Turf Show Times, talk radio and plenty others but i feel like we've gotten pretty good info and takes for the most part...

i guess that's where we see things quite differently, i think we've gotten nothing but regurgitated, unsubstantiated alarmist stuff from the media, especially earlier on, while everything coming from the rams, gurley, and those actually close to the sitch has been met with suspicion at best, or dismissed almost entirely at worst. to me it's been nothing but a "if it bleeds it leads" mentality.

i will say, at long last, some (including the media) seem to be starting to believe that perhaps it's not as serious as the headlines first reported, first screamed, and that just maybe gurley will be healthy and effective in 2019... of course the rams and those closest to the sitch have been saying this all along.

by /zn/
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:"This isn't an argument, its just contradiction."

"No, it isn't."

Interestingly enough...I made an argument. I said Gaines is an informed source when it comes to medical statements about Gurley. (Which can be backed up.)

This response by you...isn't an argument. It's just a contradiction. 8-)

by /zn/
4 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:i guess that's where we see things quite differently, i think we've gotten nothing but regurgitated, unsubstantiated alarmist stuff from the media, especially earlier on, while everything coming from the rams, gurley, and those actually close to the sitch has been met with suspicion at best, or dismissed almost entirely at worst. to me it's been nothing but a "if it bleeds it leads" mentality.

i will say, at long last, some (including the media) seem to be starting to believe that perhaps it's not as serious as the headlines first reported, first screamed, and that just maybe gurley will be healthy and effective in 2019... of course the rams and those closest to the sitch have been saying this all along.

And Gaines ended all that by being a highly informed source who directly says "he has an arthritic knee." That ended the speculative stuff and put a solid fact on the table.

Your post is written like this was a couple of weeks ago and Gaines had not said anything yet.

by moklerman
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Time will obviously tell.

But look at Aaron Donald: He's 3 years older than Gurley, 3 more years of wear and tear (2 college, 1 pro), bigger contract than Gurley, every bit as important to the team. He was a full go at OTA's. Why? One reason, he isn't dealing with any physical problems like Gurley is with his knee...
I agree. When you're trying to figure out how to keep your 24 year old RB "fresh" so he can make it through a whole season, it's not a good thing to hear. Hopefully it's just a progressive approach but I think it's reasonable to be curious or concerned about such a young superstar RB needing moderation. This is normally the time that a team would be talking about riding their superstar back to victories, not trying to find ways to preserve him.

by AvengerRam
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:Interestingly enough...I made an argument. I said Gaines is an informed source when it comes to medical statements about Gurley. (Which can be backed up.)

This response by you...isn't an argument. It's just a contradiction. 8-)

I think you might be able to buy a sense of humor on eBay for a reasonable price. You should look into that.

by aeneas1
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:And Gaines ended all that by being a highly informed source who directly says "he has an arthritic knee." That ended the speculative stuff and put a solid fact on the table.

Your post is written like this was a couple of weeks ago and Gaines had not said anything yet.

stay in the shallow end please.

by /zn/
4 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:I think you might be able to buy a sense of humor on eBay for a reasonable price. You should look into that.

You mean like turning the tables with the same material and sending it back? Lol. I see you didn't get the joke. 8-)

by AvengerRam
4 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

So "arthritic component" is a "solid fact on the table," huh?

What say you, Arthritis Foundation?
Arthritis is very common but is not well understood. Actually, “arthritis” is not a single disease; it is an informal way of referring to joint pain or joint disease. There are more than 100 different types of arthritis and related conditions.

Common arthritis joint symptoms include swelling, pain, stiffness and decreased range of motion. Symptoms may come and go. They can be mild, moderate or severe. They may stay about the same for years, but may progress or get worse over time.

Gee... seems to me that use of the word "arthritis" or "arthritic" tells us very little. Seems like many of us have been saying exactly that for weeks/months.

Gaines' comment really didn't move the needle at all.

by AvengerRam
4 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:You mean like turning the tables with the same material and sending it back? Lol. I see you didn't get the joke. 8-)

Probably because it made no sense in the context of what I posted. Its okay... not everyone can be funny. I'm sure you have other good qualities.

by /zn/
4 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:stay in the shallow end please.

And watch you drown? 8-)

My friend, Gaines changed the discussion...and what's important about him is, he's in a position to know. He's one of the few who is. That will remain true long after this conversation is over.

• 16 / 29
281 posts Apr 18 2024