180 posts
  • 5 / 18
 by Elvis
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38448  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

AvengerRam wrote:I'd say the answer is that, at this point, they don't know. He's working out, and he'll practice when he's ready. If that means his first practice will be the Wednesday before Week 1, so be it.

This is hardly surprising. How much practice does Todd Gurley really need? In his rookie year, missed all of training camp, sat out the first two games, and had 6 carries in game 3. Game 4: 19 carries, 146 yards (and 100+ yards in each of the next 3 games).

I think the unknown explanation makes good sense.

I'm more interested in when/if he's running full speed. He was doing that months after his ACL surgery, which is normal. I get the strong feeling he's still resting his knee and maybe they're not exactly sure when that's over...

by Elvis
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38448  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I'd think the next thing might be Gurley participating in walk through type stuff but not running full speed, but we'll see...

by AltiTude Ram
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2178  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:And that's why the Gurley situation is notable to me. It's reasonable to think there are some unknowns still in play...

McVay has said he will be the focal point of the offense again this year.

He didn't say he will be the focal point of the off season workouts.

I think you might have different expectations at this point in the process.

by max
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

I just rewatched the Rams @ Seattle game from 2018. Gurley played EVERY SNAP on offense.

That was a brutal game up there. The Seahawks knocked out both Cooks and Woods with concussions. They really wanted that game and they were excessively physical. Gurley took a beating in the win. That stuff adds up over the course of a year and certainly over 4 years.

Those EVERY SNAP games are over for Gurley.

by AvengerRam
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

max wrote:I just rewatched the Rams @ Seattle game from 2018. Gurley played EVERY SNAP on offense.

That was a brutal game up there. The Seahawks knocked out both Cooks and Woods with concussions. They really wanted that game and they were excessively physical. Gurley took a beating in the win. That stuff adds up over the course of a year and certainly over 4 years.

Those EVERY SNAP games are over for Gurley.

...unless they’re not.

by max
4 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:...unless they’re not.

You’ve got (another) bet.

by aeneas1
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

AltiTude Ram wrote:McVay has said he will be the focal point of the offense again this year.

He didn't say he will be the focal point of the off season workouts.

I think you might have different expectations at this point in the process.

yeah, i didn't really get the donald comparison either...

the rams said they wanted to wrap up donald, wanted to reward him, and described the negotiations as "great" and "positive"... and guess what? that's exactly what they did, they got the deal done... not sure why that process struck some as an example of the rams being "vague", unless some expected daily/hourly updates detailing what all parties involved were saying?

re gurley - the rams have said he's fine, gurley has said he's fine, mcvay has said he'll be the focal point of the 2019 offense, and most recently the rams reported that gurley is working with rams and personal trainers which they obviously believe is the best approach this year, given his wear and tear last season, as opposed to having him run around at voluntary ota's ... but again they're being "vague"?

by aeneas1
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

gurley's career snap counts (regular season):

VirtualBox_2019-05-22_16-29-38.png

by AvengerRam
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

max wrote:You’ve got (another) bet.

LOL. Typical Max. Predict something negative. It’s your no lose scenario.

Bad thing happens: Max “Yay! I was right!”
Bad thing doesn’t happen: Max “Yay! I’m a Rams fan!”

It’s sad, really.

by max
4 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:LOL. Typical Max. Predict something negative. It’s your no lose scenario.

Bad thing happens: Max “Yay! I was right!”
Bad thing doesn’t happen: Max “Yay! I’m a Rams fan!”

It’s sad, really.

I make bets with non Rams fans that are positive about my team. I won a bet on Goff beating Mahomes last year.

Obviously, this is not the forum to make a reasonable positive bet on the Rams. This is the ultimate homer site. And I mean that in a good way.

The funny thing is I am accused of being overly biased about my team among non Rams fans.

I say to them, if you think I'm overly biased you should listen to the guys on my message board. LOL

• 5 / 18
180 posts Apr 18 2024