26 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by snackdaddy
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I do remember putting up a lot of points on that Monday Night game against the Chiefs with Gurley being a decoy most the time. It was clear he wasn't 100 percent. So yeah, we can put up points and win. But can we do that against top tier defenses? There is where we need him. We also need a healthy Kupp.

If we get off to a good start and are cruising when we hit that late stretch against some weak teams, I think he should sit. Even if he fells ok. Come up with some sort of injury that they can justify sitting him a couple games. Then use him sparingly until the playoffs.

by Hacksaw
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

He got rolled out of bounds early 1st quarter (iirc) in that Chefs game. Tackler rolled up his lower leg from behind. He clearly limped back to the huddle with his eyes on the sidelines. He wasn't the same even though he made some plays.

Rosey glasses take: I get the impression that Gurley was hurt a few times last year (Oak-KC-Phil) and he played through it as long as he could. As good a season as he had (until the end), if he was hurt, that shows toughness and desire that shouldn't be overlooked. And if/when he comes back healthy, he could be even better than last year.

by aeneas1
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

re the kc game, it was a throw fest for both teams, in an effort to keep pace with the other, mahomes dropped back 49 times, goff 53, while each team hardly ran the ball, the chiefs ran it just 20 times, the rams just 21 times.

by Hacksaw
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

aeneas1 wrote:re the kc game, it was a throw fest for both teams, in an effort to keep pace with the other, mahomes dropped back 49 times, goff 53, while each team hardly ran the ball, the chiefs ran it just 20 times, the rams just 21 times.

true, but Gurley definitely got (re) injured.

by AvengerRam
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Sounds like Gurley had a few "incidents" that lead to his late season issues. Perhaps only partially a "wear and tear" scenario.

by aeneas1
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:true, but Gurley definitely got (re) injured.

just one of the many times that we think we know of....

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2077  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

To add to the Canuck mention of JFK and crumpets: jfk claimed he would get a migraine without a new crumpet on a daily basis.

No wonder jfk is bill sex island clinton's hero.

by PARAM
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:Sounds like Gurley had a few "incidents" that lead to his late season issues. Perhaps only partially a "wear and tear" scenario.

Isn't that the definition of a wear and tear issue? Injury is wear and tear. Wear and tear is injury. Just a multitude of different degrees.

by AvengerRam
4 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Isn't that the definition of a wear and tear issue? Injury is wear and tear. Wear and tear is injury. Just a multitude of different degrees.

I was drawing a distinction between symptoms resulting from physical stress over a period of time and those resulting from a discrete physical impact. In some sense, the latter type is preferable, as it can be avoidable. I suspect Gurley experienced both types last year.

by AvengerRam
4 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

I’m not playing another stupid semantics game with you guys.

Google is free. Look up the definition of “wear and tear” for yourselves.

• 2 / 3
26 posts Apr 16 2024