by JackPMiller
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

https://94wip.radio.com/blogs/eagles-ha ... TZNLdcbRIQ

Eagles have the best WRs in the NFL
May 20, 2019

With OTAs underway and training camp much close than you would think, here is a look at where things stand with the Eagles’ wide receivers after free agency and the draft.

Starters: Alshon Jeffery, DeSean Jackson, Nelson Agholor

Depth: Mack Hollins, J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, Shelton Gibson, Braxton Miller, Greg Ward, DeAndre Thompkins, Marken Michel, Charles Johnson, Carlton Agudosi

Overall: In 2016, Wentz spent his rookie year throwing to Josh Huff, Dorial Green-Beckham and Bryce Treggs. It is safe to say things have improved since then.

Roseman clearly wants to give Wentz the weapons he needs to have a big season, as he enters the year with the best set of starting three receivers in the NFL.

Making things even better for Wentz is that Jeffery, Jackson and Agholor all compliment each other. Wentz shied away from throwing up 50/50 balls in 2018, but if he gets back to it in 2019, he has one of the best in the NFL at winning them in Jeffery. Opposite Jeffery is the best deep threat in the NFL in Jackson, who despite being 32-years old, led the NFL in yards-per-catch last season. In the slot Wentz has Agholor, who has totaled 106 catches, 1,504 yards and 12 touchdowns over the last two seasons.

Assuming all three can stay healthy, which is an especially big question for Jackson, no quarterback in the NFL will have a better set of receivers to work with.

Where the questions begin is behind the top three. The Eagles are clearly very excited about Arcega-Whiteside, but considering he is a rookie — and Roseman doesn’t have a great track record of drafting receivers — it is fair to be skeptical of how much he will contribute this season. Third-year player Mack Hollins enters a make-or-break year for him, after sitting out all of least season with an injury. The good news is the Eagles shouldn’t need either player to contribute. The bad news is if they do need Hollins or Arcega-Whiteside to play, it is unclear if they will be able to.

Two players will who battle for roster spots, and have at least a chance of making it, are Gibson and Miller. Gibson had an impressive preseason last year, and made one big catch in the regular season, but barley got on the field. If he didn’t get on last year, when the Eagles needed help stretching the field, it is going to be tough for him to find playing time this season. Gibson will have to win a job on special teams and hope that he shows enough that the Eagles trust him as the top speed backup behind Jackson.

Grade: A

You can reach Eliot Shorr-Parks on Twitter at @EliotShorrParks or email him at esp@94wip.com!

by AvengerRam
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Jack... while I appreciate the goal of stoking conversation, if you're going to post every "analysis" by a hack reporter or blogger that slights the Rams, this is going to be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong Summer.

Just sayin'

by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

eagles wr, clearly a bunch of studs, especially when compared to the rams... :D

VirtualBox_2019-05-21_16-00-41.png

by ramsman34
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   8545  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

aeneas1 wrote:eagles wr, clearly a bunch of studs, especially when compared to the rams... :D

VirtualBox_2019-05-21_16-00-41.png

Oh please A1, stats and facts are soooooooo overrated. This is the Opinion Age man. Point of view trumps reality pun FULLY intended) , all day long and twice on....well, never mind.

by Rams the Legends live on
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

I will have to say that the proclamation that their corps is the best is underwhelming at best. Not sure if I have ever read anything by him before or not the name is not ringing any bells. He just reads like he is writing a homer piece for the local market.

by snackdaddy
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   9662  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I'm not sure you can find a better trio than Cooks, Woods and Kupp. Whatever the case, the Rams have been a top two offensive teams for the past two years. These guys can put up articles based on biased opinions all they want. I'll take the Rams group along with Gurley over anyone.

by JackPMiller
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:Jack... while I appreciate the goal of stoking conversation, if you're going to post every "analysis" by a hack reporter or blogger that slights the Rams, this is going to be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong Summer.

Just sayin'

Actually I saw this article on facebook, and thought what the hell? Might as well post it here for you guys to see it. Conversation is always a good thing.

by PARAM
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   12247  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

DeAndre Thompkins

Now if it was DeAndre Hopkins, I might agree with the author. But then again, put Hopkins with any two "decent" WRs and you'd have one of the best WR corps.

Jeffrey is great. Desean is 33 and has 1,000 yards once in the last four years. He's still a threat but he isn't the young Deshawn and hasn't come close to his career high 1332 he had in 2013. And Agholar doesn't scare anybody.

by Hacksaw
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

We'll show 'em..

by AvengerRam
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

JackPMiller wrote:Actually I saw this article on facebook, and thought what the hell? Might as well post it here for you guys to see it. Conversation is always a good thing.

Absolutely. I just don’t want to give the hacks too much “air time.”

• 1 / 2
18 posts Apr 25 2024