180 posts
  • 2 / 18
 by max
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:This is definitely not a typical off season for Gurley. What it means remains to be seen.

There are some mandatory OTAs coming up and then camp is open to reporters and the public and you can be sure we'll all have an eye out to see what Gurley's participation level is...

True dat

Media folk will be all over Gurley gate this summer

by Elvis
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38448  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

BTW, there's a little more to the story which has me with a new thinking out loud theory of the situation.

It was also said Friday that Gurley took a helmet to the knee in the Eagles game and Gurley lost confidence in his knee. The only time i've heard anything like this is when Vinny reported Gurley was on the sidelines during the Saints game for mental reasons more than physical.

So maybe the Rams think Gurley's knee is suffering normal wear and tear that Todd just needs to deal with but Gurley isn't as convinced? That would explain the report of Gurley considering stem cell treatment (if it's true).

Like i said, fairly mindless speculation and in the end only time is gonna tell us what's what...

by AvengerRam
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I like football. I don’t like drama and gossip.

by dieterbrock
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Seems some won’t be happy until Gurley checks in to a Hospice center

by aeneas1
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:BTW, there's a little more to the story which has me with a new thinking out loud theory of the situation.

It was also said Friday that Gurley took a helmet to the knee in the Eagles game and Gurley lost confidence in his knee. The only time i've heard anything like this is when Vinny reported Gurley was on the sidelines during the Saints game for mental reasons more than physical.

So maybe the Rams think Gurley's knee is suffering normal wear and tear that Todd just needs to deal with but Gurley isn't as convinced? That would explain the report of Gurley considering stem cell treatment (if it's true).

Like i said, fairly mindless speculation and in the end only time is gonna tell us what's what...

it was reported that gurley was seriously hurt in the season opener, so much so that he considered giving the rams back their money, but he was back the following week en route to an all-pro, pro-bowl season... and of course if you listen to the presser where gurley actually made that statement, half jokingly, it's clear that his comment was framed much differently by the media.

many have speculated about the degree of gurley's injury vs the eagles, some believed it was serious, yet he was listed as questionable (as opposed to doubtful or out) prior to the following week's game against the cards, and mcvay was quoted as saying that he fully expected him to play, and that it was a last minute call to rest him... gurley added that he could have probably played, but wasn't sure for how long, and that it was agreed that it was probably better if he sat... three weeks later he shredded the cowboys for 115 yards on 16 carries, with almost half of his carries going for 5 yards or more.

anyway, my guess is that the rams and gurley have, and continue to be, on the same page, with gurley keeping the team fully in the loop in terms of his health, i just can't see the rams speculating on gurley's health, and taking that speculation public, while completely disregarding, or not knowing, how gurley actually feels.

by PARAM
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   12241  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:it was reported that gurley was seriously hurt in the season opener, so much so that he considered giving the rams back their money, but he was back the following week en route to an all-pro, pro-bowl season... and of course if you listen to the presser where gurley actually made that statement, half jokingly, it's clear that his comment was framed much differently by the media.

…..and that is the foundation, the backbone of a few internet posters opinion that there is a serious problem.

I've read on many sites, the same posters saying the same thing about that "week 1" injury. 'It was serious. He said the pain was bad and he considered giving back money. It's impossible to have 'wear and tear' issues in week 1'

Meanwhile, he returns after 2 weeks off to obliterate the Cowboys defense. But.....

like many are saying, this isn't going to change, this isn't going to be put to bed until Gurley plays in 2019......and even then there will be fans questioning why he hasn't had any (or few) runs of 50+ yards. Or why he only had 16-18 touches in a game. Or why he sat out the second half of a game the Rams only won by 17 points. :roll2:

by snackdaddy
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

max wrote:You don't get all that inflammation and pain when there's nothing seriously wrong.

Gurley has a bad knee. How bad we aren't being told.

I'm not saying he doesn't. There are a large number of NFL players with a bad knee or two. Its the nature of the game. But if there were something structurally wrong I think he would be looking at off season surgery.

He had a major injury. The knee will never be the same. It's not a thing where he's affected every time he plays. Its more like soreness and aching the more he gets used. And swelling.

He has been used a lot his first 4 years. Running backs don't last as long as other positions. Looks like they plan to reduce his workload and that isn't a bad thing. Could make him fresher for the late season playoff runs and maybe even extend his career.

by TomSlick
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:In other news, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

For my money, you can't beat General Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE emperor, Marcus Aurelius. I mean, come on, the Felix Legions had to be the cleanest outfit to conquer peoples everywhere.

by Rams the Legends live on
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

TomSlick wrote:For my money, you can't beat General Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE emperor, Marcus Aurelius. I mean, come on, the Felix Legions had to be the cleanest outfit to conquer peoples everywhere.

I always preferred Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus, to escape the slaughter house that was Cannae then to go on to defeat Hannibal at Zama is two thumbs up from me. I even named one of my dogs Scipio which brought many raised brows. Reckon some folks had no love of history.

by Elvis
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38448  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Video at link:

https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/20/sean-mcv ... rams-knee/

TODD GURLEY'S KNEE WILL BE GOOD IN 2019

Rams' Sean McVay Says Todd Gurley's Knee Will Be Good In 2019

EXCLUSIVE

Great news, Rams fans ... your star running back, Todd Gurley, is doing great and should return to form in 2019, this according to head coach Sean McVay.

McVay and a bunch of his star players went out to the United Way's HomeWalk 5K to raise money to end homelessness in L.A. ... everyone from Aaron Donald to Johnny Hekker rolled through.

"It's great, man," McVay said about the event ... "We got a lot of players out here today."

So, what about Gurley? He wasn't at the event ... but everyone there was talking about him -- wondering how he's doing after a bizarre end to the 2018 season.

Remember, Gurley was killing it last year for most of the season ... then fell off hard in the playoffs and barely contributed in the Super Bowl. There were rumblings that he jacked up his knee bad.

But, McVay didn't seem worried over the weekend -- telling us Gurley's knee is "doing good" -- he expects him to be fine when the season starts.

• 2 / 18
180 posts Apr 17 2024