17 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by Rams43
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   64  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

All I know is that both McVay and Snead wanted Henderson badly.

Like two hungry coyotes eyeing a pork chop. Lol.

The kid runs in the low 4.40’s, has elite acceleration, great hands, and definitely has the college resume. Yeah, it was Memphis, but Damn! 8.9 ypc? I don’t care if it’s Pop Warner, that is elite.

by phoenixrising
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

aeneas1 wrote:i think mcvay has done a great job involving gurley in the passing game, roughly 1 of 4 plays to gurely have been passes since mcvay arrived, which ranks gurley close to the top 10 among rb who saw at least 100 carries... this is a far cry from fisher's two years with gurley, when gurley was targeted just 14% of time, the equivalent of a 30th ranking.

Yeah, certainly an improvement over Fisher, but I'm talking about acutally running downfield routes. I'm guessing 90-95% of Gurley's catches come from screens, swing passes, and check-downs. I'm thinking more like Kamara or Leveon Bell. I recall that one crossing pattern against Dallas a couple years ago that went for about 50 yards. Not too much since then. I recall watching Gurley in camp running fly patterns for half an hour after practice. Never in a game. Rarely does he split outside, run wheel routes, etc. Could be they shied away after his knee started up, or maybe it's just not part of the offense; so much of the passing game is based off play action.

by aeneas1
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

phoenixrising wrote:Yeah, certainly an improvement over Fisher, but I'm talking about acutally running downfield routes. I'm guessing 90-95% of Gurley's catches come from screens, swing passes, and check-downs. I'm thinking more like Kamara or Leveon Bell. I recall that one crossing pattern against Dallas a couple years ago that went for about 50 yards. Not too much since then. I recall watching Gurley in camp running fly patterns for half an hour after practice. Never in a game. Rarely does he split outside, run wheel routes, etc. Could be they shied away after his knee started up, or maybe it's just not part of the offense; so much of the passing game is based off play action.

i hear ya, i mean how beautiful was that seam route td against the vikes? thing is, over the course of the year, most rb have very low point of catch averages, the 2018 league average for the top 32 guys was just .34 yards, while yards after the catch averaged 7.9 yards... gurley ranked 18th in average depth of catch in 2018 (kamara ranked 13th, bell ranked 16th in 2017) but gurley ranked 5th in yards per reception in 2018 and 5th in yards after the catch (yac), not too shabby.

VirtualBox_2019-05-19_21-14-03.png

by actionjack
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   3935  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Im very very excited about Henderson, he is fast and he has a body that looks already made of steel. I see why McVay and company are excited. He can be a 1B running no problem. I see looks of breakway runs from him in the near future.

by BobCarl
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Time isn't right ... but Henderson will splash ... he will make a big splash. Mark my words.

• 2 / 2
17 posts Apr 16 2024