1075 posts
  • 44 / 108
  • 1
  • 44
  • 108
 by St. Loser Fan
1 year ago
 Total posts:   4682  
 Joined:  May 31 2016
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

For comparison to Inglewood, this is the view of the Texas Rangers new ballpark in Arlington. It’s supposed to open March 2020.


 by Hacksaw
1 year ago
 Total posts:   17161  
 Joined:  Apr 15 2015
United States of America   AT THE BEACH
Moderator

It's cool you can see the Forum through the open end.

 by max
1 year ago
 Total posts:   3877  
 Joined:  Jun 01 2015
United States of America   New York Metro
Superstar

That monster is gonna be ready in 15 months? Color me skeptical.

 by Hacksaw
1 year ago
 Total posts:   17161  
 Joined:  Apr 15 2015
United States of America   AT THE BEACH
Moderator

max wrote:That monster is gonna be ready in 15 months? Color me skeptical.

O Ye of little faith. ;)
2019 would never have worked but they are now finishing with the structural. Once the roof is on it's going to be getting close as the interior finishes will go in fast. My guess is the landscaping / parking / lake will begin after the roof is on and the cranes / staging are gone..

 by max
1 year ago
 Total posts:   3877  
 Joined:  Jun 01 2015
United States of America   New York Metro
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:O Ye of little faith. ;)
2019 would never have worked but they are now finishing with the structural. Once the roof is on it's going to be getting close as the interior finishes will go in fast. My guess is the landscaping / parking / lake will begin after the roof is on and the cranes / staging are gone..


So what’s your best guess on when they’ll play the first game in the new place?

I don’t see preseason, maybe late September 2020. They’ll start the regular season on the road.

 by Hacksaw
1 year ago
 Total posts:   17161  
 Joined:  Apr 15 2015
United States of America   AT THE BEACH
Moderator

max wrote:So what’s your best guess on when they’ll play the first game in the new place?

I don’t see preseason, maybe late September 2020. They’ll start the regular season on the road.


It wont be completely done. The rest of the surrounding project will take years. I think they will be ready to roll for the pre's (if they still play those games in 2020) with spotlights, red carpets and all..

If they can pull of a season in the Coliseum during the renovation, this is doable. There a 100's of workers going 24/7. A lot can get done.

 by Horny Mcbae
1 year ago
 Total posts:   1485  
 Joined:  Mar 12 2018
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

I met an architect last year at an event and we discussed the stadium of course as he has been on the design team of another stadium in Europe. He told me a few things.

Once the structure for the roof is ready (it is now) the space age clear covering installation doesn't take much time which is one of the benefits of working with that material. I know nothing about construction so I asked dumb questions like how long does it take to finish the interior stuff like cabling and piping etc and was told that the interior work moves much faster than exterior work. He said that if they had the right kind of people 2019 would not have been a problem If not for the rains.

He said that the only thing to be fully ready will be the stadium and I might be walking on dirt getting to it in 2020 so don't expect much other than the stadium itself. He was very impressed with the design especially when I told him about the LAX issue. He said its very well designed considering the airport restrictions.

I would think it'll be fully ready for us for pre-season games.

  • 44 / 108
  • 1
  • 44
  • 108
1075 posts May 30 2020