874 posts
  • 25 / 88
 by St. Loser Fan
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:I truly believe he wanted to be the local boy who made good.
But the dysfunction of how St Louis handled all of it drove him away.

If he was such a nice local boy why did he crap on us fans and ensure we never get an NFL team ever again? If he’s a good guy with deep Missouri roots, why is he selling off his holdings here, closing offices and laying off people?If Stan had good intentions why did he view the North Riverfront stadium as insulting even though he told them he liked the design and asked for revisions?

If I were Stan I would have also moved the Rams to LA. But I wouldnt have salted the earth in St. Louis.

by moklerman
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:If he was such a nice local boy why did he crap on us fans and ensure we never get an NFL team ever again? If he’s a good guy with deep Missouri roots, why is he selling off his holdings here, closing offices and laying off people?If Stan had good intentions why did he view the North Riverfront stadium as insulting even though he told them he liked the design and asked for revisions?

If I were Stan I would have also moved the Rams to LA. But I wouldnt have salted the earth in St. Louis.
I agree with Deiter about someone pissing Stan off and if so, all of what he did came after that. I also believe that Stan wanted to make St. Louis and International hub of sports, entertainment and business. I had given up hope that the Rams would ever come back to LA. I was that convinced that Stan was going to do in St. Louis what he is now doing in LA.

But something or someone soured him on St. Louis and considering their history with owners, it isn't a big surprise. Granted, once the gloves were off, Stan didn't pull any punches. But I truly believe that was not his intent.

In fact, I think because he was so passionate and wanted to make it happen in St. Louis is why he has "salted the Earth" on his way out of town. I don't think you strike back like that if you don't care in the first place. I don't think anyone would argue that Stan plays nice but I think it's easy to argue that he was focused on making St. Louis better and St. Louis disrespected and ultimately pissed him off.

by Elvis
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   38439  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Flash wrote:Maybe because they know that the Rams will never return to St. Louis. For some reason I always had a feeling the Rams would return to L.A. someday.

Just the opposite, always thought Bring Back The Rams were delusional, man was i wrong, and happily so...

by rams74
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:If he was such a nice local boy why did he crap on us fans and ensure we never get an NFL team ever again? If he’s a good guy with deep Missouri roots, why is he selling off his holdings here, closing offices and laying off people?If Stan had good intentions why did he view the North Riverfront stadium as insulting even though he told them he liked the design and asked for revisions?

I always believed that the only reason Kroenke "salted the earth" in St. Louis was to convince the other owners that the Rams deserved to move to L.A. more than the Chargers/Raiders. At the time, media reports had the Chargers with more support among owners. If there hadn't been two other teams wanting to move to L.A., there would have been no reason for Stan to make such a case.

by Elvis
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   38439  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

rams74 wrote:I always believed that the only reason Kroenke "salted the earth" in St. Louis was to convince the other owners that the Rams deserved to move to L.A. more than the Chargers/Raiders. At the time, media reports had the Chargers with more support among owners. If there hadn't been two other teams wanting to move to L.A., there would have been no reason for Stan to make such a case.

Exactly.

It was a legal document presented to the league to show the Rams met the NFL's guidelines for relocation.

It was not a press release intended as a FU to St. Louis fans though obviously it became public and was certainly taken that way...

by dieterbrock
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

If you read my post, I felt that St Louis "crapped" on Stan and once he made the decision to move, he covered every base to do so.
The "salted earth" stuff is just melodrama. If an owner wants to move a team to St Louis, nobody will stop them. Surely it wont be "Hey we'd love you to move to St Louis, but Stan said....."
Its just petty to think otherwise, as if he could take any risk with moving. He spent boatloads and surely wasn't go to risk losing that by saying nice things about St Louis.
Again, all from my impartial view of the situation. You clearly are too invested to get what I'm saying

by rams74
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:It was a legal document presented to the league to show the Rams met the NFL's guidelines for relocation.

And this is the crux of the matter. The NFL guidelines spell out that you can't relocate your team if the current city is still a viable location. Therefore, the guidelines literally dictated what Kroenke had to do to move. So he did.

by PARAM
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

LINK

ST. LOUIS -- A federal judge has approved a settlement calling for the NFL's Rams to pay up to $24 million to personal seat license holders in St. Louis.
U.S. District Judge Stephen Limbaugh Jr. approved the settlement Monday.
Several St. Louis PSL holders filed a class-action lawsuit after the team moved to Los Angeles in January 2016. Thousands of fans in St. Louis had purchased PSLs that were good for 30 seasons, which was the length of the lease at the domed stadium where the Rams played in St. Louis. Rams owner Stan Kroenke took the team to California after 21 seasons.
The lawsuit calls for PSL holders to get 30 percent of the original purchase price, a refund for the nine unused years of the seat license fee, plus damages.

Is this what the fans expected? 30% of the money they put out? It seems fair IMHO.

by BobCarl
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

PARAM wrote:LINK

Is this what the fans expected? 30% of the money they put out? It seems fair IMHO.

I sold mine before leaving St. Louis ... I hope the buyers get their 30% of the original license price ...

by moklerman
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Yeah, I don't get how the Rams thought that money should remain theirs? I guess since they didn't break the terms of the lease but it's a total dick move to keep PSL's from fans after you move the team away.

• 25 / 88
874 posts Apr 16 2024