34 posts
  • 2 / 4
 by dieterbrock
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:what do you do with a gimpy running back when you have a healthy hot hand on the bench? you put that gimpy running back on the field with under 50 secs left in the championship game down by 3. and then you throw the ball to him. :shock2: :D

firefox_2019-04-21_17-23-01.jpg

Just another example of them being “evasive”! Just say he has an injured knee, don’t just give him the ball in crucial moments in an attempt to throw off suspicion!!! :D :D

by snackdaddy
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

As much as we like what CJ did for us, Gurley's TD run against the Cowboys showed us the difference between the two. Gurley has the elite speed to make that cut and break away for a TD. I remember watching a nice run by CJ where he made a cut and picked up a few more yards close to the goal line. I thought to myself "If Gurley makes that cut he scores a TD right there".

by Hacksaw
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

BobCarl wrote:I'm with you.

On March 15th the Rams agreed to go ahead with $18 mill of guarantees for Gurley. If he was a horse with doubt ... the Rams wouldn't have bought that $18 mill ticket to ride. (Cue up a Beatles song here)

Can't argue that logic.

by AvengerRam
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

BobCarl wrote:On March 15th the Rams agreed to go ahead with $18 mill of guarantees for Gurley. If he was a horse with doubt ...

Wait... so when the Rams say he's the GLUE that holds the offense together, maybe that's actually a bad omen?

by rams74
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

BobCarl wrote:On March 15th the Rams agreed to go ahead with $18 mill of guarantees for Gurley. If he was a horse with doubt ... the Rams wouldn't have bought that $18 mill ticket to ride. (Cue up a Beatles song here)

Well, if you're going to ask me to play Beatles songs for Gurley, I won't argue with "Ticket to Ride". But I'd start with "Yesterday":

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away,
Now it looks as though they're here to stay...

Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be,
there's a shadow hanging over me...

But then I'd play "Let It Be":

Let it be, let it be, let it be, yeah let it be.
There will be an answer, let it be...

by BobCarl
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:Wait... so when the Rams say he's the GLUE that holds the offense together, maybe that's actually a bad omen?

LOL

but of course the "glue" isn't made by grinding up Gurley's hooves .... but when Gurley gets enshrined in Canton, the Rams team might celebrate by having Jello at his expense.

by Horny Mcbae
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1543  
United States of America   South Bay, Los Angeles
Pro Bowl

I have been away for a while just wanted to get some clarification on this issue...…………….. so what have we decided about what happened?

Todd is hurt and his knee is done. OR. Sean fcuked up?

by PARAM
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:He’s clearly limping in those clips

All I can say after watching the postseason and then that nice collage of clips Aeneas put together is this.....he plays better on one knee than most guys do on two.

by moklerman
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:All I can say after watching the postseason and then that nice collage of clips Aeneas put together is this.....he plays better on one knee than most guys do on two.
Well, that's the true measure, isn't it? Instead of comparing those runs to other RB's, how do they look compared to Gurley himself?

I think that is the concern from those that have it. IMO, that doesn't look like the same Gurley. Good, but not other-worldly like most of '16 and early '17.

Honestly, I'm much more comfortable with the idea that Gurley was less than 100% and just not able to carry the load than I am with the idea that McVay flat out chose not to use him and screwed up his playcalling that badly.

by PARAM
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Well, that's the true measure, isn't it? Instead of comparing those runs to other RB's, how do they look compared to Gurley himself?

I think that is the concern from those that have it. IMO, that doesn't look like the same Gurley. Good, but not other-worldly like most of '16 and early '17.

You have got to be kidding me!!!

• 2 / 4
34 posts Apr 16 2024