United States of America   AT THE BEACH

I was do happy for his victory,
Vegas, not so much.

by aeneas1
3 months ago
 Total posts:   10005  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

when tiger hit the scene it seemed a given that he would absolutely obliterate niklaus' #1 ranking in majors wins (18), but jack still has him by 3... jack did it over a 24-year span, tiger is in his 22nd year (so hard for me to believe, seems like it was just yesterday that i saw him play in person at the us open (olympic club in san francisco), but that was way back in 1998, the year after he ran away with the masters at just 21-years-old, talk about tiger mania at that open, it was a sight to behold!).

by aeneas1
3 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:"Golden Bear" ate a couple extra Tacos on his combo plate.

Yeah TW is a stud. Pulling for him. Hes good for the sport. Look at his gallery...

speaking the jack and tiger, when i saw woods play in the '98 us open the gallery that followed him was enormous, just unbelievable, never been so happy to be 6'4"... at one turn nicklaus was teeing off on a hole that ran parallel to the hole woods was about to tee off on, in the opposite direction, there couldn't have been more than 20 people watching jack tee off, always thought it would have made an awesome, bittersweet, "changing of the guard" photo, both guys about to tee off and their respective galleries, one guy at the dawn of his pro career, taking the golf world by storm, the old legend at the end of his career, exiting quietly.

by RedAlice
3 months ago
 Total posts:   4701  
United States of America   San Diego
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:"Golden Bear" ate a couple extra Tacos on his combo plate.

Yeah TW is a stud. Pulling for him. Hes good for the sport. Look at his gallery...

I wasn’t watching. Then I was told to turn it on, just as he won.

Fun.

by HighRoller
3 months ago
 Total posts:   154  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

I love it when I feel like I watched some sports history.

That was awesome.

by dieterbrock
3 months ago
 Total posts:   10020  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

The switch to the early tee times kind of screwed me as I was at the Yankee game.
In any event, unbelievable story.
And ends any debate as to who the greatest golfer of all time is.

by aeneas1
3 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:The switch to the early tee times kind of screwed me as I was at the Yankee game.
In any event, unbelievable story.
And ends any debate as to who the greatest golfer of all time is.

he's coming to a theater near you next month....

by Neil039
3 months ago
 Total posts:   2170  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I am a huge golf fan. This day will go down as one of the greatest in Golf history. Even his peers greeting him afterwards knew the significance of this win. Well done Tiger, well done!

by Elvis
3 months ago
 Total posts:   21393  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

It's amazing how when he was struggling, so many pundits said he'd never win another major and now Jack's record is toast.

"I don't know, we'll have to wait and see" just isn't an acceptable take if you're a pundit...

• 2 / 9
84 posts Jul 19 2019