21 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by Flash
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1205  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

AltiTude Ram wrote:I played the DirectTV game for years. I would threaten to cancel and get Sunday Ticket for free. One year they didn't bite and let me cancel. Called me back a couple of days later and restarted my subscription with Sunday Ticket for free. The next year I threatened to cancel as a 12 year subscriber and they let me because they said I had only been with them for 1 year.

I was introduced to GamePass by A1. I've used the Europe subscription with a hidden IP protection the past couple of years and liked it.

I did recently get frustrated with cable and I'm trying something different.

Thanks to Ramsdude, I've switched to IPTV. He was a great help in getting me going and I'm happy with it so far. I get my Dodgers and Lakers as well as a bunch more for a very affordable price.

A couple of Amazon Fire sticks and a cheap subscription are saving me a bunch of money.

Long story short, PM Ramsdude if you're an out of towner needing your LA sports fix.

Ramsdude can I PM you on this?

by aeneas1
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:On a side note, and maybe it’s just because I’m old but I can’t stand streaming. I much prefer to watch on the standard tv while being recorded. That way I can pause, rewind, be on 2 hour delay, easily flip back and forth between channels etc.
the whole streaming thing to me is annoying, and only seems ok with binge watching Netflix and the like

and that's what the streaming version of the sunday ticket offers... it's a la carte (you don't have to buy a bunch of nonsensical programming, you just buy the sunday ticket), you can pause and rewind the games, on top of which the ticket records the game for you and stores it in the cloud, along with every other nfl game that was played that week, and then archives all of these games for years which you can access at any time... plus you get the all-22 views of every game, and a ton of other nfl related programming.

of course this is for international customers located in countries where the nfl hasn't entered into an exclusive contract with dtv, but i've been told that you can get it in the u.s. if you can prove to dtv that you live in an area where the dtv dish can't pick up a signal, but dtv will send out a technician to very your claim.

but as @AltiTude Ram mentioned, and as we all know, more than a few u.s. viewers circumvent dtv's sunday ticket stranglehold and get the sunday ticket streaming service by using vpn or iptv services.

anyway, at the end of the day goodell and dtv know that tons of u.s. viewers are streaming the games for free or by circumventing dtv, and it's obviously money they would like to corral... seems that the nfl could come up with a netflix-like platform, dump dtv, and be more than fine.

by St. Loser Fan
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Interesting how he just happens to throw this into the air right before Apple announces their streaming service. Is Goodturd trying to get Tim Cook’s attention?

by PARAM
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12242  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:seems that the nfl could come up with a netflix-like platform, dump dtv, and be more than fine.

I've been waiting for the NFL to dump DTV. I'd love to see them sell NFL ticket to Bezos and I'd gladly buy the streaming NFL ticket. Cancel DTV and go with Xfinity TV as well as internet and phones.

by St. Loser Fan
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:I've been waiting for the NFL to dump DTV. I'd love to see them sell NFL ticket to Bezos and I'd gladly buy the streaming NFL ticket. Cancel DTV and go with Xfinity TV as well as internet and phones.

What about markets that don’t have Xfinity? What do Cox, Comcast and Spectrum people do?

by PARAM
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12242  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:What about markets that don’t have Xfinity? What do Cox, Comcast and Spectrum people do?

Go with whatever cable service you have or stick with DirectTV. The thing is, if Amazon got NFL Ticket, all you'd need would be internet (and a nice payment to them) for football. It wouldn't be hooked to a cable/satellite service. For all other TV, whatever cable or satellite company you like will deliver the rest. Hell the way some folks are doing it now it's Hulu, Netflix and Amazon. Why pay a cable company when you can pay waaaaay under their ridiculous prices?

Hulu $8 a month (with local channels); Netflix $13 a month (for the 4K version); Amazon $10 a month for prime comes to $31 per month. Add in internet cost and whatever NFL Ticket will cost, should Amazon get it and you're way under a cable/satellite company AND NFL Ticket cost.

by dieterbrock
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Hope it doesn't go that way entirely.
I like being able to channel surf and you cant do that while streaming.
I have direct tv in 4 rooms and 2 rooms with just apple tv hooked up for the kids to do their youtube/Netflix etc streaming.
Since UFC has gone that route, I have to watch that there too.

by rams74
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1471  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

dieterbrock wrote:On a side note, and maybe it’s just because I’m old but I can’t stand streaming. I much prefer to watch on the standard tv while being recorded. That way I can pause, rewind, be on 2 hour delay, easily flip back and forth between channels etc.
the whole streaming thing to me is annoying, and only seems ok with binge watching Netflix and the like

I prefer to watch recorded games on a delay. I have a hard time watching live games anymore, because I can't fast forward through commercials. On some games that have less significance for me (non-Rams games), I like to fast forward through some of the action, too. I can still see the action in fast forward modes, and stop and watch if something interesting happens. I can't do that with some streaming options, like ESPN+, which freezes the frame while the fast forward runs ahead. I don't know how other streaming services work, but the ones on Netflix do a similar thing.

Unless they fix some of the issues with streaming, I'm not a fan of going that direction. I like DirecTV Sunday Ticket the way it is.

• 2 / 3
21 posts Apr 18 2024