12 posts
  • 1 / 2

Who would you take (from this list) at #31?

Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson
31%
Garrett Bradbury, OG, NC State
8%
Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
No votes
0%
Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida
8%
Jerry Tillery, DL, Notre Dame
31%
Cody Ford, OT/OG, Oklahoma
8%
Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia
No votes
0%
Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple
No votes
0%
Chase Winovich, EDGE, Michigan
No votes
0%
I don't think any of those are worth the #31 pick - trade back to 2nd round and get more picks.
15%
 by AvengerRam
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Assume the players listed are all on the board at #31...

Who would you take?

by Zen_Ronin
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Tillery or Baker.

by JackPMiller
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Lawrence, Polite, and Ferguson. I had Ferguson, because I'm iffy if either Lawrence and Polite make it to us.

by snackdaddy
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Lawrence has some raw potential to be very good. Especially against the run. He'd be that big bodied run stuffer we've coveted for so long. But I really like Garrett Bradbury. He's got a high IQ and his athleticism fits the zone blocking scheme. Would be nice to have both but it ain't happening. Its a tossup to me but I always prefer offense these days.

by PARAM
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Rams pick at #31: Who would you take?

The best player available. ;)

by AvengerRam
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:The best player available. ;)

With that approach, you can’t myth!

by safer
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Dexter--God knows he's gotta be a badass with a name like that!

by /zn/
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

I pretty much trust these guys to make a good pick with the 1 (if they don't trade out). From reading around it looks like there will be a decent set of options there when they pick.

But if they do pick at 1, who they pick could say a lot about what they think they have on the roster. That's pretty obvious and usually how it goes, but at the same time, it's still interesting if we find out they see themselves as having a certain need on offense. If it's an offensive pick, it will look like they are bolstering a perceived weakness. RB? Center? TE? OT? A defensive pick on the other hand will have less of that vibe---CB? DL? OLB? We know they could use those things, it's less of a reveal.

I assume that no elite player will fall, but that they will have 3-4, or maybe 4-5, pretty much equally ranked options, all of whom would make a good 31st pick. So who they take could be revealing.

So to me, they pretty much can't go wrong and will get someone we will like. But who they pick could tell us something about how they see the team right now.

by dieterbrock
5 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:I pretty much trust these guys to make a good pick with the 1 (if they don't trade out). From reading around it looks like there will be a decent set of options there when they pick.

But if they do pick at 1, who they pick could say a lot about what they think they have on the roster. That's pretty obvious and usually how it goes, but at the same time, it's still interesting if we find out they see themselves as having a certain need on offense. If it's an offensive pick, it will look like they are bolstering a perceived weakness. RB? Center? TE? OT? A defensive pick on the other hand will have less of that vibe---CB? DL? OLB? We know they could use those things, it's less of a reveal.

I just assume that no one who would be defined as a dramatically elite player will fall, but that they will have 3-4, or maybe 4-5, pretty much equally ranked options, all of whom would make a good pick on paper---and therefore who they take out of those options could be revealing.

So to me, they pretty much can't go wrong and will get someone we will like. But who they pick could tell us some things about how they see the team right now.

That's why the thread is called who would you take
We all get that the Rams will take who they think

• 1 / 2
12 posts Apr 16 2024