234 posts
  • 15 / 24
 by PARAM
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:you know if it weren't for you, everyone would forget that Goff actually played well against Detroit, Chicago, and New England.

But you go too far when you make up this goofy strawman schtick by acting like someone said he could not play well against top tier teams. No one is saying that, but if you get off on strawmen, you get off on strawmen. Though sometimes a strawman buzz can go too far.

All across the internet.....the whole World Wide Web.....however deep your Mac or PC will take you into the ethernet....there isn't a bigger scarecrow stuffer than you. You are the Frank Lloyd Wright of strawmen building; have been since day 1. But most of us who've known of you for a long time understand......the strawman is also a vehicle. A vehicle that allows you to "hear yourself talk" so to speak. Lecture. Perpetuate that smartest guy in the room (or forum) theory. You can ride that pony as long as you want if it makes you feel important. I'm not going to begrudge anyone their therapy. But please, don't go lecturing anyone on strawmen. Ever.

by dieterbrock
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:All across the internet.....the whole World Wide Web.....however deep your Mac or PC will take you into the ethernet....there isn't a bigger scarecrow stuffer than you. You are the Frank Lloyd Wright of strawmen building; have been since day 1. But most of us who've known of you for a long time understand......the strawman is also a vehicle. A vehicle that allows you to "hear yourself talk" so to speak. Lecture. Perpetuate that smartest guy in the room (or forum) theory. You can ride that pony as long as you want if it makes you feel important. I'm not going to begrudge anyone their therapy. But please, don't go lecturing anyone on strawmen. Ever.

The internet community reaction to this post:

by snackdaddy
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I know the old saying is "Where there is smoke there is fire". But we haven't heard anything definitive. So we really know nothing about Gurley's overall health. I can see the Rams keeping it tight lipped when they're still playing. But there is no reason not to come out and say it now if they really know if anything's wrong. I take that as a sign that they don't know if anything's truly wrong. I also take that as a sign that a heavily used running back with a previous ACL injury was overworked. I think that is just another thing they learn from. Reduce his workload and he might be just fine.

by Rams the Legends live on
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:It’s a good thing we have a Pro Bowl long snapper.

LOL......bro your sarcastic humor never fails to leave me laughing...LOL

by PARAM
5 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Pa's post was satire
Not that you really care, since your only purpose is to destroy every friggin thread you enter

You know I just re-read what he posted and for as long as I've been posting on various Ram sites, he shoulda known my post was either satire or sarcasm. But it just hit me. He's a freakin Bot!!!!

by AvengerRam
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:You know I just re-read what he posted and for as long as I've been posting on various Ram sites, he shoulda known my post was either satire or sarcasm. But it just hit me. He's a freakin Bot!!!!

He IS a bot (a program that mimics human language) or he is worth a Bot (Thai currency valued at about 3 cents)?

Both?

by PARAM
5 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:I personally think Brown would have fared as well as CJ, or damn close. I might be the only guy who likes Kelley. Go back and watch him at Tennessee. The dude can play. He just needs to get better at everything at the pro level. I believe he will, and markedly - bigger, stronger, faster, better at pass pro, better at setting up his blocks and reading defensive flow.

That said, Gurley has become a little bit of an enigma for me. I hope he can thrive with reduced carries in the regular season and be truly fresh, healthy, and ready to go come playoffs. And the playoffs are going to be harder to make this season, I believe.

You're not alone in your admiration for Kelly. The kid played really well in preseason. And IMHO, that's not the same as a #3 QB playing well against #3 defenders. Either you can run or you can't. Either you can cut or you can't. I like the kid and I think he's got a future.

I also agree with your assessment of Brown. He's been with the Rams for 4 years and carried the ball 128 times at a 4.0 clip. He's done everything the Rams have asked when he's spelled Gurley. Plus he's good at pass pro and as a receiver. Do we forget the toe tapping, tight rope walking TD he had this year?

Gurley should have reduced carries and it has nothing to do with arthritis or his previous ACL surgery. It's just the way teams should go when a guy is headed into his 5th season as a heavily worked RB...….that is if you want him around for seasons 5, 6, 7 and 8.

Same thing happened to Marshall. In Indy before and then with a young Peyton, Faulk carried the ball 1389 times (278 per season; and that includes his 3rd season when they only gave him 198 carries in 13 games). With his receiving he averaged 338 touches a year, way too much. With TGSOT he never surpassed 260 carries (which is still a lot) and averaged 253 carries his first 3 seasons (or about 25 less per year than with Indy). By his 9th year he was a shadow of his former self but he still almost gained 1500 yards from scrimmage. After that, toast.

If we can get 8 or 9 years out of Gurley we'd all sign up for that, wouldn't we?

by Elvis
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

by /zn/
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:I know the old saying is "Where there is smoke there is fire". But we haven't heard anything definitive. So we really know nothing about Gurley's overall health. I can see the Rams keeping it tight lipped when they're still playing. But there is no reason not to come out and say it now if they really know if anything's wrong. I take that as a sign that they don't know if anything's truly wrong. I also take that as a sign that a heavily used running back with a previous ACL injury was overworked. I think that is just another thing they learn from. Reduce his workload and he might be just fine.

Arthritic conditions, as I understand it, do not get listed as injuries. So if it's that they don't have to discuss it. Whatever it is who knows why they don't. Them not discussing it doesn't mean they don't know--they were asked directly about the reports about arthritis and deliberately danced around with it and did not answer. If they don't know, they could say they don;t know. If it's not arthritis they could say it's not arthritis. They choose not to answer, and there might be a lot of reasons why they don't.

by /zn/
5 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Demoff also declines to answer the arthritis question:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/losangele ... d=26266509

That just seems to be their thing on this.

• 15 / 24
234 posts Apr 19 2024