72 posts
  • 2 / 8
  • 1
  • 2
  • 8
 by actionjack
1 week ago
 Total posts:   645  
 Joined:  May 19 2016
United States of America   Sactown
Veteran

Dick84 wrote:I see Brown getting more reps and Kelly as well. I don’t see them spending to keep C.J.


I like Brown a lot, but we arent sure he is durable after this past season. I thought it was teling when Snead was asked about backup running backs. He mentioned Brown, than talked draft, nothing on Kelly. I dont think the Rams are high on him and neither am I. If we can get CJ for around 3 million I would do it in a heartbeat.

 by dieterbrock
1 week ago
 Total posts:   9626  
 Joined:  Mar 31 2015
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

I don't think there's a number you could offer him that would make sense for the Rams. With 17 mill for Gurley and 2 million for Brown, he'd have to basically play for free

 by Indrid Cold
1 week ago
 Total posts:   521  
 Joined:  Sep 24 2015
United States of America   Redington Beach, FL
Veteran

The other thing with CJ is that they don't run the same offense with him. He doesn't have the speed to run the outside stretch plays that are bread and butter with Gurley in the game. No screen game with him either. It's jet motion action and trap plays up the gut. Worked as a new wrinkle against AZ and SF (who suck) and Dallas when everything worked. Last 2 games it was total crap and wasn't worth the snaps given to CJ, especially in the SB with a 5 man DL.

 by Dick84
1 week ago
 Total posts:   3815  
 Joined:  Oct 29 2015
Italy   LA Coliseum
Superstar

actionjack wrote:I like Brown a lot, but we arent sure he is durable after this past season. I thought it was teling when Snead was asked about backup running backs. He mentioned Brown, than talked draft, nothing on Kelly. I dont think the Rams are high on him and neither am I. If we can get CJ for around 3 million I would do it in a heartbeat.


The offered him the original round tender. At 2 million dollars... they plan on keeping him and not keeping CJ.

 by actionjack
1 week ago
 Total posts:   645  
 Joined:  May 19 2016
United States of America   Sactown
Veteran

Dick84 wrote:The offered him the original round tender. At 2 million dollars... they plan on keeping him and not keeping CJ.


I know but my point was Kelly is on very thin ice

 by actionjack
1 week ago
 Total posts:   645  
 Joined:  May 19 2016
United States of America   Sactown
Veteran

Indrid Cold wrote:The other thing with CJ is that they don't run the same offense with him. He doesn't have the speed to run the outside stretch plays that are bread and butter with Gurley in the game. No screen game with him either. It's jet motion action and trap plays up the gut. Worked as a new wrinkle against AZ and SF (who suck) and Dallas when everything worked. Last 2 games it was total crap and wasn't worth the snaps given to CJ, especially in the SB with a 5 man DL.


Ok but he also outperformed Gurley in every game they played together and was excellent in the redzone. We better hope Gurley is good to go come the season opener.

 by Dick84
1 week ago
 Total posts:   3815  
 Joined:  Oct 29 2015
Italy   LA Coliseum
Superstar

actionjack wrote:I know but my point was Kelly is on very thin ice


?
No idea where you’d get that take.

 by moklerman
1 week ago
 Total posts:   4594  
 Joined:  Apr 17 2015
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Superstar

I'm glad I don't have to make the decision but a guy who averaged 7.0 yards per carry and won some critical games for me would have a place on my roster. Restructure Gurley's contract if need be. Cut some "potential" guys who don't see the field or produce anyway. CJ earned a roster spot and contract IMO.

 by actionjack
1 week ago
 Total posts:   645  
 Joined:  May 19 2016
United States of America   Sactown
Veteran

Dick84 wrote:?
No idea where you’d get that take.


When Snead was talking about the running back position at the presser, he mentioned Brown and the draft as options behind Gurley

  • 2 / 8
  • 1
  • 2
  • 8
72 posts Mar 24 2019